2009 RDX Remote Starter Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 12:25 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2009 RDX Remote Starter Install

I have already ordered the Viper 4204 Series Remote Starter and I am going to be picking up the Fortin EVO-ALL Bypass shortly after. I've tried some looking around to find a DIY video or something like that for this. I want to do it myself so if anyone can shed some light on the wiring and such that'd be awesome. I am going to try to add pics to this thread when I do the actual install in hopes that it makes it easier to install for someone else in the future.

Big thanks to some people on the forum, I've successfully done the oil, transmission fluid, rear diff fluid, Caliper painting and also a brake change because of the DIY section. Wanted to join to see if I can provide some new content or share my experiences as well.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
5th Gear

Have the viper 4204, also have the bypass. I ended up going with the Xpresskit DBALL so I could simplify the process a little bit using the D2D interface.

I got all the products from amazon, was going to buy locally but they were out of stock on the model I was interested in.

Viper 4204 for ~$140 US
XPresskit DBALL2 for $50.44 US
XKLoader2 programming cable for $25.53 US

Currently preparing the vehicle and testing wires against the diagrams I found on the net to make sure I'll be connecting the right ones.

Going to be programming the unit and hopefully an install no later than the end of this weekend.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
5th Gear

Okay, the unit is installed and working:

Will post what I used and how to do it shortly.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

I will start with this, where there is a will there is a way!

Before I went at this I was very hesitant about it because I don't know a whole lot about the car. (had it for about a year almost)

I had done some work on the car, as said previous mostly stuff on the DIY forum (thanks, again!) but very minimal electrical work. I started with some cheap LED's just to try a proof of concept and surprisingly to me it worked. (used a bypass fuse on the headlight switch fuse for power and grounded to chassis at the end of the lights, made it so when the headlights are on so are the LED's.

The reason I am telling you this is just because I wanted to point out that this installation is NOT that hard. (Certainly not hard enough or time consuming for it to cost $500 for pure installation.)

Like previously stated I ordered the 2 kits through amazon as well as the XLOADER2 (MAKE SURE EITHER YOUR BYPASS IS PRE PROGRAMMED OR SPEND THE $20 FOR THE LOADER TO DO IT YOURSELF!)

I opened the Viper Box, wondering why it was so heavy... There is a LOT of wires in it. For the install I used the diagram in the Viper Box for the connections. I don't know how to add pics so someone help and I will change it but for now I hosted it on my webpage:

http://totaliphonerepair.com/wp-cont...4/02/photo.jpg

I also used the DBALL2 Manual online, here is the full manual:

http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDow...irmwareid=6828

Here is the wiring diagram for a 2009 RDX in particular:

http://totaliphonerepair.com/wp-cont.../02/photo1.jpg

I am feeling lazy, will continue this post later...
Old 12-03-2014, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

Do you happen to still have those photos? They are no longer hosted. I'm willing to host them and would love to see them so I can complete the install on my Acura
Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 PM
5th Gear

I am not sure, but I will try to find them, what exactly are you looking for?