2009 RDX Maintenance Schedule? Just rely on the car's computer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 RDX Maintenance Schedule? Just rely on the car's computer?

Hi Guys. I just bought a 2009 RDX w/Navi. It was CPO and has 35K. I've been reading through the manual and trying to determine what would be the next scheduled maintenance. There doesn't seem to be a set schedule for most things but I don't want to simply rely on the car's computer to tell me when I should have something done. Is there a schedule out there? I searched but couldn't find anything concrete.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
2nd Gear

i believe older acura, service is due every 8000km or 6mo, it goes like type ABACABADABACABAE and starts over, the newer ones like rdx you'd better follow what computer tells you...it collects all sorts of information about ur car and driving pattern. so you need to service your car more or less often depending on how/where you use it

i am not an expert, hope it helps.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
follow your MID. there are no mileage intervals for acuras. brake fluid is changed at 3 yrs. everything else goes by your MID. power steering is not listed. change if dirty.

your car will tell you what needs to be done. just a hint on saving some money at the dealer (if you are servicing there)...A code is an oil change. ask for the oil change. if you tell them A service the price will be $120. vs oil change $40 although i think you guys need synthetic since its RDX with turbo so that's $70. if you bring your own oil and have them do the labor, $20. B service is a glorified oil change runs about $180. lots of inspections, but that isn't a bad thing. think of it as a check up for your car.

2 is cabin and air filter swap...buy filters from dealer, DIY. the dealer will charge $100 to do this. filters are $20 a piece.

1 is a tire rotation...$20-30.

once you learn how to play the game and what you need for your car...you can save a few bucks when you go to the dealer. know your maintenance schedule and what has been done, and you won't be taken to the cleaners by the dealer.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:37 PM
Intermediate

Sorry to get off-topic, but just an FYI in case someone runs into the same issue:

I started a week long road-trip and my the A126 maintenance reminder came up shortly after I started (!). There weren't any nearby Acura dealerships (Southwest Utah) so I was considering stopping by a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. I held off until I got home and went >900 miles past after my reminder hit 0. I dropped my RDX at the dealership and picked up a loaner. They didn't say anything after picking up my RDX so I assume everything was good.

I generally get my service after it hits 5% left. This was the first time I've gone negative miles.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:09 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
I did the same thing when I was on a trip in Cali and ended up being -600 miles when I got back. It was all hwy mileage and the RDX uses syn oil (no oil used between changes). If I'm around 20%, I now just change it early so I won't get the nag screen every time I start the car when out of town.

The M.I.D. will only give you an "A" or "B" service notification when the oil is due and then the numbered services that are also due around the same time. Changing your oil before the 15% M.I.D. notification might delay you on a 123456 service until the next oil change.