Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

The Crazy In-Laws Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,408 Likes on 3,020 Posts
The Crazy In-Laws Thread

Well, comedians for decades have been making jokes about mother-in-laws, so I'm sure plenty of you guys have In-Law stories that are worth sharing. I'm not married, but definitely have a ridiculous Sister-In-Law that's worth sharing.

My brother's wife is a fat little troll, she's 5 foot tall and has more chins than a Chinese phone book (bad joke, sorry), she wears T-Shirts that are too short and her gut actually hangs out the bottom when she goes out to dinner with my family and I. She was originally engaged to some other guy, and my brother was the backup plan. When that didn't work out, she called my brother out of the blue, since they knew each other in HS. My brother is in the military and was just getting ready to ship overseas for his 3rd tour. My brother has never been good with women, so he jumped at the fact that a female was paying attention to him, especially since he was going to be lonely overseas. So the whole time that he was over there, they kept in touch, writing emails and so on. So when he gets back to the states, this was in 2004 I believe, she starts commuting over here from another state to visit him. The first time my ex and I met her, she told us jokingly how she couldn't wait to have a kid and never have to work again. So they dated for a while, and my brother was going to school to finish up a degree. So she ended up moving out here and moving in with him. She set up a secret savings account and diverted a certain amount of money every month toward her engagement ring fund. Once the ring fund hit a certain amount, she told my brother about it, and told him to go buy her a ring (obviously she had a plan all along). So my brother finishes up his Psych degree, and they get married in 06. Now, my brother has a psych degree, but in order to do anything in that field, you need either a masters or PHD. Instead of him continuing on in school, she convinces him to pay for her to go back to school. She is a 3 time college dropout, and has changed her job aspirations 3 times already. So instead of going back to school, my brother stays at a dead end job, to put her through school to finish her degree as a music ed major. She finally graduates, and then spends an entire year not working, and sitting on her ass. Eventually my brother convinces her to go job hunting, and she finds a teaching gig last year, even though it is only a contract job. She is so obese that doctors told her that she couldn't get pregnant, but they decide to try anyway. She eventually gets knocked up, and has the baby in August, and has to postpone starting a salary job at the school and take unpaid leave to have the baby. Before the baby is born, she convinces my brother that they need to buy a house, so with dual incomes, they overpay for a house that needs a lot of work, that had sat on sale for a long time because it's on a really busy street, because it was the house she wanted, not him. She also convinces my brother right before the baby is born that he needs to buy a new car, to replace his car. She has since taken over driving the new car and making my brother drive her car that he bought her when he was putting her through school, that he barely fits in. So they now have a mortgage and car payment, assuming that they both had income to put toward it. Also, before the baby is born, they inform my parents, who are both retired, that they do not intend to pay for any childcare and that only family would raise their child. So they expect my parents to watch the kid 5 days a week for free, so that they can work.

So she went back to work 2 weeks ago, and within a week, she started posting all over facebook that she couldn't stand going to work, and that she's abandoning her child, and "whoever said that it gets easier is an F'ing liar". This was after going back to work for a week mind you. She then continues posting on fb that she and my brother have to have some "serious talks" in the next few days, and basically hinting that she wants to quit her job. Yesterday she posts that she's torn between working or taking care of her child, and how she's going to put her family in a financial burden, etc, (after it was her idea to buy a house and car, etc.) She also says that she refuses to submit her child to "sub-standard care" meaning my mother taking care of the baby for a few hours a day. My brother works night shift, so he doesn't go to work until 2 in the afternoon, so my mother is only there with the baby for 2-3 hours a day usually. So all of her little fb friends are expected to kiss her ass and tell her to follow her heart, yada yada. I however was stuck on her calling my mom watching the baby "sub-standard care". So I posted asking her to define "sub-standard care". She then promptly unfriended my sister and I from fb, and made my brother message me to inform me that she can't handle any "criticism" right now, and that she's having a hard time leaving the baby. She has PPD, but refuses to talk to anyone about it. But me asking a question is apparently considered criticism. My mother raised 3 kids, and knows what she's doing with children. Since my SIL has had the baby, she seems to think that she has the power to boss everyone in my family around, even when we all bend over backwards to accommodate her. There's so much more that I could go into, but I've already written a novel.

Cliffs: - Brother marries bitch who had him as the backup plan
- Bitch had plans all along to get pregnant and never work again
- Bitch insists that they buy a house and car on dual income
- Bitch gets knocked up and has baby, goes back to work
- Bitch posts on fb that she wants to quit her job after only a week of being back to work.
- Bitch makes more money than my brother but insists that she needs to quit her job to sit at home.
- Bitch has free childcare from relatives while she works, but calls the care sub-standard in order to justify wanting to quit her job
- Bitch unfriends me and my family on fb after questioning her about comments that she made about our mother.
- Good times

Let's hear some other crazy in-law stories, sorry for the long post.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
thankfully my inlaws are all awesome...very lucky.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
My brother's wife is a fat little troll,
Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,628 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
Ditto.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Black - Hell, whine much.

That sucks. I hope that your brother eventually sees her for who she is.

Same here. I love my family but I also really lucked out with my In-Laws.

I'm Indian and she's a white girl from VA. Things with her family could have gone in a totally different direction. Hell, first time I met the bunch was just after we told them I knocked her up and we were getting hitched.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Mr. Maker
Ditto.
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs

That sucks. I hope that your brother eventually sees her for who she is.

Same here. I love my family but I also really lucked out with my In-Laws.

I'm Indian and she's a white girl from VA. Things with her family could have gone in a totally different direction. Hell, first time I met the bunch was just after we told them I knocked her up and we were getting hitched.
You guys are lucky that you all have good in-laws, I've always gotten along with the parents and families of whoever I was dating. It's just frustrating that my brother doesn't see how she is. He lets her walk all over him
Old 10-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs

Believe me when I tell you, that there is way more that I could share, I tried to stick to just the high level stuff
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Believe me when I tell you, that there is way more that I could share, I tried to stick to just the high level stuff
Understood.

Most of my cousins have messed up relationships with their inlaws and some with their spouses. My one cousin, really nice guy, has been married and divorced twice. Have 3 kids. His last wife was sleeping around on him, and gambled away all his money.

So I have a ton of really good family related stories.

That's one of the reasons I would never move back to Trinidad. I just hate the damn drama.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
so my mother in-law to be is nice, but she doesn't do well with money.

prepare for a long post..

In high school, she had a Corvette that was custom painted, and did cocaine with my fiancee's dad (now divorced.) She was always spoiled and never had to worry about a dime.

Back when my fiancee and i first started dating, she divorced again, and her mother bailed her out by buying their last house @250k-ish.

About two years ago, it was decided that my mother in-law and her mom sell their houses and move together to the coast ( as some of you know i drive there weekly) so my fiancee (girlfriend at the time) had no choice but to move.

once settled, it was noticed how much my MIL spends. She was unemployed when they moved (back injury) and started watching HSN in the wee hours of the night. since then, she has been getting 2-4 packages a week from HSN, all shit that just sits. She claims she doesnt have time to go to the store to try clothes on ( she now works 4 days a week and spends her entire day(s) off in bed) so she orders clothes to "try them on" but never sends them back.

Her and her mother have a joint account which she doesnt contribute to, she doesnt pay any of the bills, just her own credit card bills (which are being paid with another credit card) and barely buys groceries ( all she buys is junk ) so my fiancee and her grandma tried to talk to her. instead of listening like an adult, she flipped out and said its her money and she can do what she wants with it and basically locked herself in her room for three days. didnt talk to my fiancee or her mother and only came out to get food.

to this day, she complains about money, her weight, and how she hates her lifestyle, yet she doesnt do anything about it. she still gets the usual 2-4 packages a week from HSN, buys junk food, sleeps until 4pm on her day off, and doesnt show any appreciation for her mother.

If my mother supported me like that, i would be kissing ass. Her mother doesnt drive anymore, so she depends on her and my fiancee to take her places, but say she asks days in advance and it rains, my MIL bails and said she cant drive in the rain, that its too scary, so she stays in her PJs all day and goes back to bed, so it falls on my fiancee who cant take her as she is at school monday-thursday 10a-8p.

I told my fiancee that we all should sit down and talk to her, but she says she would flip and i probably wouldnt be welcome to the house anymore.

Its gotten to the point where i worry about my future. I told my fiancee that we are not bailing her out if she falls on her face, nor is she moving with us if she cant afford the bills/taxes on their new house. She agreed, as she can only take her mother in small doses as well.

I would like to intervene, but i dont know how, and i dont know if i really care anymore.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
BlackAck I think your OP just described CColts' future
Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
You guys are lucky that you all have good in-laws, I've always gotten along with the parents and families of whoever I was dating.
I get along with my in-laws better than my wife does sometimes.
It's just frustrating that my brother doesn't see how she is. He lets her walk all over him
Unfortunately, it's your brother's life and his wife's life.

You're much better off staying out of it unless you're specifically asked for advice (even then, don't expect them to do what you advise).
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Why are you angry with your SIL -- it's your brother who puts up with it.

He's either content with the way he's living (which might not be anyone else's 'ideal') or he needs to start standing up for himself in order to live in a way that *does* make him happy.
The following users liked this post:
Cruz38 (09-06-2013)
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by Street Spirit

He's either content with the way he's living (which might not be anyone else's 'ideal') or he needs to start standing up for himself in order to live in a way that *does* make him happy.
Because its his brother and cares....duh

And in the long run it will have a negative affect on the family as a whole.

97BlackAckCL (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

But it's his brother's marriage and day-to-day life, and it's his brother who needs to grow a pair if he's unhappy about things - he's an adult. Otherwise, you can just assume he seems content following along if he's done it for 8 years now. Then again, you don't know what they've talked behind closed doors.

Last edited by Street Spirit; 10-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts

Tell us about Dan's family...
Sarlacc (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:05 AM
The Third Ball

But it's his brother's marriage and day-to-day life, and it's his brother who needs to grow a pair if he's unhappy about things - he's an adult. Otherwise, you can just assume he seems content following along if he's done it for 8 years now. Then again, you don't know what they've talked behind closed doors.
lil mr/ms. know-it-all as usual....

heaven forbid someone come on-line to vent.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Scottman111
BlackAck I think your OP just described CColts' future

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Unfortunately, it's your brother's life and his wife's life.

You're much better off staying out of it unless you're specifically asked for advice (even then, don't expect them to do what you advise).
I am not intervening at all, I have spoken to my brother, just asking if he's OK, and voicing my concern that she's trying to screw him financially (in not so many words) but I've just tried to be there for my brother and tell him that I'm here if he needs to talk. I certainly am not trying to get in between them.

I'm angry because she has insulted my mother repeatedly and has started trashing her online, and my mom has no way to defend herself. My mother is also doing them a favor by watching their child 5 days a week and has no idea that my SIL is hating on her or her care of the child. And I can tell you that he's not happy in his marriage, because they fight and argue ALL the time. Again, I just bite my tongue. But when you wanna talk shit on my mother behind her back, yeah I have a problem with that.

Because its his brother and cares....duh

And in the long run it will have a negative affect on the family as a whole.

I'm starting to see the effect it's having on my family and the kid is only 2 months old, I can only imagine what things will be like in a few years.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
My brother-in-law (who I love dearly and see as a blood brother)'s mother backed into my grandmother's house full speed on Mother's Day this year. Talk about a TF moment by everyone. We were out on the deck when it happened eating crabs and the sound alone made me think someone dropped a bomb in the vicinity.

We didn't get mad at her because it was a mistake (I guess she mistook the accelerator for the brake while backing up) and she was really upset about it. I have only seen a grown woman cry like that a handful of times. She took care of everything financially as well.

But it certainly inconvenienced my grandparents for a while. Their house was deemed a collapse hazard for a while (all brick home) and it took almost 5 months for them to find a brick that matched.

Next time we invite her to an event my sister and BIL are picking her up

Last edited by EL19; 10-25-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
LOL!! I like the description.

No crazy stories here....yet...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
I like my in-laws

They even like me..
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by L's TL
My brother-in-law (who I love dearly and see as a blood brother)'s mother backed into my grandmother's house full speed on Mother's Day this year. Talk about a TF moment by everyone. We were out on the deck when it happened eating crabs and the sound alone made me think someone dropped a bomb in the vicinity.

We didn't get mad at her because it was a mistake (I guess she mistook the accelerator for the brake while backing up) and she was really upset about it. I have only seen a grown woman cry like that a handful of times. She took care of everything financially as well.

But it certainly inconvenienced my grandparents for a while. Their house was deemed a collapse hazard for a while (all brick home) and it took almost 5 months for them to find a brick that matched.

Next time we invite her to an event my sister and BIL are picking her up

Now that is a story that needs told at every family gathering forever
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Damn that's horrible. My FIL isn't so bad, he's just a really racist Japanese guy lol.

Well I paid my MIL's mortgage last month. There goes my OT pay from working 12 hour shifts 6 days for two weeks straight.

You all must remember how my MIL was when she stayed a week with us before our wedding. Practically destroying my new sectional at the time.

Anyway, last week she called my wife talking about how her computer suddenly doesn't turn on and this and that. Since she lives 500 miles away I can't diag it and I looked up some computer places for her to bring her computer to that were close to her house. She has the audacity to tell my wife that she wants to buy a tablet and she wants a new IPAD not any Android products. LOL WTF?

She also said her truck has a transmission leak that needs to be fixed. I told her to bring it to a shop, have them call me and talk to me, I'll find out what it is and pay for it. Easy right?

So what does she do? Buys a new ipad (we don't have any tablets here just two lap tops that are 2-3 years old lol), still owes me $1000+ from the $2400 I paid on her mortgage and is supposedly driving her truck around with a transmission leak.

Priorities. My wife told me when she was in HS after her parent's divorce, her mom would buy cigarettes, but had no gas to take her to school. They'd have no power and she would do her homework with a flashlight or candles, but my MIL had cigarettes!

My mom is no better and my dad passed away so I can't win.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
I hate my in-laws, hate strongly. They are money grubbing a-holes. They are the most negative people and can't do anything for themselves.
I don't call them and mrs dallison does not normally look forward to calling them either.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,157 Likes on 682 Posts
That sucks and damn that car pic is funny! My girl's parents are incredible, making me realize I gotta keep her
Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
I too have amazing in-laws. My wife wouldn't say the same about my mother though.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by dallison
I hate my in-laws, hate strongly. They are money grubbing a-holes. They are the most negative people and can't do anything for themselves.
I don't call them and mrs dallison does not normally look forward to calling them either.
That sucks man, it's bad when you don't look forward to calling your own parents
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
My MIL is nice but she gets on my damn nerves. She's one of those people who freaks out over anything that they are too scared of and IMO hindered the growth of her children. That's fine, her children her choices but now that my daughter is 3 i feel she is trying to do the same to her. My wife couldn't have anything but G rated movies In the house until she turned 17. Even then watching something like American pie was forbidden. I could understand if she was like 12 but 17? Dumb. My mil is also deathly scared of cats dogs and lizards which she passed on to her daughters because that's what they saw as kids. Now FF to 2013 I finally got my wife to love dogs a few years ago but she can't even look at a lizard. Her sister sees a cat down the street and she will run inside (literally) and same with lizards. I see all of this and I want her to stay the fuck away from my daughter. I feel that we need to pass the good things on and correct the wrongs as we go from generation to generation and my MIL dosent get that. We were outside a few weekends ago and Claire was playing on the playset we bought her for Xmas. Well not even 30 min out there and my mil starts screaming, "oh my god a lizard! I'm out of here" and runs inside. Claire like any other human being wants to know why she freaked out so she goes inside, comes back out and is like daddy can you kill all the lizards so I can play, they're scary. Wtf. I've never seen a garden lizard or gecko attack anything in my life. I have pics of them hanging from my ears (which I showed her). I don't want her passing those bitch ass fears on to my kids. Another thing is that I cuss like a sailor, but never in front of my daughter,ever. My mil hears me cuss regularly and has to say everytime that Claire is going to pick it up. Sure everyone says that because a cursing baby isn't cool but turns out my daughter leaned the word shit and guess from who? The mil. Finally babying a baby and the mil. Kids fall all the damn time, IMO that's how and when we learn what and what not to do. If Claire wants to climb up backwards on the slide she can but I tell her she's gonna fall so be prepared. The mil sprints across the yard hollering and freaking out that she's on a get hurt. We're talking about a 1 foot fall if she did take a spill. Point is I can't stand my MIL most of the time, she's unintelligent and over reacts to everything. My FIL is cool, we golf together quite a bit and get along really well. Same with her uncles and other fam.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

What does your FIL say about his wife's cookey behavior?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Needs a 930

Fil dosent love her and her the same at this point in life. They have slept in different beds since I can remember. He was cheating on my mil and after he got caught he had a motorcycle crash shortly after that left his face kind of...... Not symmetrical? So I think he is just putting up with it since they're old. She does thi thing where she will whisper when talking infront of groups and it makes it seem like she is being all sneaky and weird when she is just talking about shoes or something not important. I've seen him snap at her for that which I can understand would be annoying after so many years.

My only problem is I don't want my little girl growing up being so naive (I feel this will help her not be a whore when she's older) and not to be afraid of things just because you don't understand them.

They're Italians and have an awesome restaurant that doubles as our daycare so she is around her daily. If it was only a few times in a month I wouldn't be ranting, haha
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
My brother's wife is a fat little troll,
Ditto.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
That sucks man, it's bad when you don't look forward to calling your own parents
Tell me about it. It's never a fun phone call. It's always bitching about something .
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
on all accounts. Sorry guys... hope the wife is worth the trouble! In your case Ack, I think you best bet is to have her taken care of.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
ah man, that really sucks for you, your family and especially your brother. Trapped in a miserable shit life with a manipulative bitch. Plus you're likely going to have fat little troll nephews/nieces. Just wait til all their health care bills rack up.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Needs a 930

So I started doing little odd jobs in my free time for my in laws and my grand mother in law just to help them out when I can. Well they wanted to pay me for my time and I didn't feel right setting a price so I figured whatever they wanted to give was cool. Didn't matter anyways it was a favor. Well now it's evolved into somehow I'm like their handyman and I get texts about chores like, " can you clean the font door windows", what am I 5 needing money for toys r us? I need to get out of this for 2 reasons. 1st I like my 3 day weekends and now it's been about 2 half days thanks to all these projects they've come up with. 2nd it's a waste of my time. I have other shit I could be doing rather than working like a day laborer for peanuts.

Any suggestions for getting out of this without offending anyone?

My only idea is just to be busy from here until they all pass away jk kind of
Old 05-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
^^ Cleaning windows? That's ridiculous. Kindly refer them to a maid/cleaning service if they're willing to pay for regular house work.

This is what you get for living so close to the in laws...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Tell them you're busy with your own home.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Get them a groupon for a window cleaning service
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Needs a 930

Well her grandmas house went onto the market last Wednesday. I'm hoping it sells quick so that should be the end of that I'm going back to school so that will be my excuse to fill up my free time for now. I did agree to paint some doors at their restaurant but that's it

I hope
Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts

Quick Reply: The Crazy In-Laws Thread