Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

PS4: Bloodborne

Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,632 Likes on 13,881 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
My saw is up to +3. I tried my +1 hammer on those huge giants and got owned. I went back with my saw and tore them up. I work better with the speed I think.
A powered up Kirkhammer will stun the giants. But, yeah...go with what you are comfortable with. Explore the area well...I'm assuming you met the weird-looking Chapel dude?

Now that you met him, are you planning to send people to him or Iosefka?
Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

And Old Yahrnam is next. That should be fun.

A "hidden" Beast is in that stage. You kinda need to provoke it but if you kill it, it opens up some cool stuff and it can be beat easily if you use the cheap/fight from behind door method.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,287 Likes on 952 Posts
I met the other hunter that wanted to share stories and of course the head of the church. I sent the little girl and the old lady to him. I explored that outer church area some and killed a Wanderer. Hopefully I can play tonight.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

I met the other hunter that wanted to share stories and of course the head of the church. I sent the little girl and the old lady to him. I explored that outer church area some and killed a Wanderer. Hopefully I can play tonight.
Cool...you made the right choice.

The Wanderer...? Sorry, which enemy is that again...? Are you referring to those tiny little imp-things that disappear if you wait too long?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Senior Moderator

And I'm assuming you're talking about Alfred...the Vileblood Hunter! Well, if yes, he's a key character to getting to Castle Cainhurst...which I mentioned a few posts back as to a great place to build up your level and mine for $$$.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Team Owner

Yeah the Wanderers are those little blob shits. So far I've killed 2 (thanks Prima guide). So far that stretch from the Sanctuary to where the second Wanderer was by the giant with the giant ball and chain is a boon of echoes. I got bored and went to Old Yharman where the bodies are burning. My guy is so powered up from all the farming against Father G that it's pretty easy
Old 05-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Yeah the Wanderers are those little blob shits. So far I've killed 2 (thanks Prima guide). So far that stretch from the Sanctuary to where the second Wanderer was by the giant with the giant ball and chain is a boon of echoes. I got bored and went to Old Yharman where the bodies are burning. My guy is so powered up from all the farming against Father G that it's pretty easy
Yeah, nice!

BTW, I just realized I got my stages mixed up. There is indeed a beast in Old Yahrnam but he's not the one that nearly wiped the floor with me until I found out how to cheap-kill him.

That thing is in the big forest which is later on. Old Yahrnam is where you deal with the Clint Eastwood wannabe who keeps telling you to get off his lawn and then decides to chain-gun you if you don't listen. There is also a beast who is apparently an optional boss...this is the one I got confused with the woods one.

There is a very frustrating treasure piece in here if you are after everything...practicing your jump is going to drive you nuts. And yeah, with your character powered up from Father G, the enemies will be manageable. But, keep on building up your character...you can never be too overpowered, IMO.

Last edited by Yumcha; 05-24-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Team Owner

Did you kill Clint or befriend him later on?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Did you kill Clint or befriend him later on?
I killed him...when I went up his tower and he engaged me. Well, not really intentionally...he fell OFF the tower.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator

The only ally I had was Alfred. I lost out on saving Eileen because when she was fighting Henryk, I somehow messed it up by dying.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:09 AM
Team Owner

Missed work yesterday so played a lot yesterday so what have I accomplished ehhhh

Yeah Clint fell off the tower too in my game I also had a fun time with his assistant. I fight hunters so much better than monsters. Blood Starved Beast keeps kicking my ass. Her super mega death poison blast hits so fast I don't have time to evade, antidote. If I antidote I'm dead from another slash, if I vile I get hit again and die, if I evade I die from the poison.

So I said fuck it and bought the gate key and went after Amelia. Again the stage isn't too bad though I skip the dudes swinging crosses at me by running past them. Same shit man. Bitch is fucking fast and I get it, you have time to the circle side jumps. It's just getting annoying. I'm at level 41 and they said Amelia can be beat at like 35. Leveling up through Old Yharnam with wolves and those poison hooded characters is so easy except for the fluky slow poison hit but it's a quick 13k echoes. I'm probably going to farm for a little bit and focus on Amelia and wait till I'm stupid powerful for BSB because I ain't got time for this. If the game starts annoying me then I'll just pop in Mordor, Last of Us, or finish Game of Thrones and trade it towards Metal Gear PP.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Missed work yesterday so played a lot yesterday so what have I accomplished ehhhh

Yeah Clint fell off the tower too in my game I also had a fun time with his assistant. I fight hunters so much better than monsters. Blood Starved Beast keeps kicking my ass. Her super mega death poison blast hits so fast I don't have time to evade, antidote. If I antidote I'm dead from another slash, if I vile I get hit again and die, if I evade I die from the poison.

So I said fuck it and bought the gate key and went after Amelia. Again the stage isn't too bad though I skip the dudes swinging crosses at me by running past them. Same shit man. Bitch is fucking fast and I get it, you have time to the circle side jumps. It's just getting annoying. I'm at level 41 and they said Amelia can be beat at like 35. Leveling up through Old Yharnam with wolves and those poison hooded characters is so easy except for the fluky slow poison hit but it's a quick 13k echoes. I'm probably going to farm for a little bit and focus on Amelia and wait till I'm stupid powerful for BSB because I ain't got time for this. If the game starts annoying me then I'll just pop in Mordor, Last of Us, or finish Game of Thrones and trade it towards Metal Gear PP.
My memory is not great but I remember the Blood-Starved Beast being beat by using the following: fire and dodging to the LEFT. Do not go right. Always left. And either use your flamethrower or toss cocktails like water...slash when he's recovering from his attack.

If you were able to beat Father G, you can beat the BSB easily. Just remember to watch for his attack pattern and try the fire strategy. And keep that in mind...the bosses can be vulnerable to fire and in some cases, poison. Keep those items around handy to deploy.

Going to upgrade your level is not a terrible idea. I believe my $$$ run once I had access to the church was to take care of all the Giants, trolls, birds, and Church Servants (the ones with poles or lanterns). It starts by going outside to the balcony where there are some birds and one servant by an old wagon? I go up the stairs, take out all the enemies and continue up the stairs again by drawing the Servants down and taking them out...then, I draw the Giant patrolling the stairs and take him down, and the other Servants maintaining watch on the other side of the giant stairs...go DOWN...take out the dogs...and then, I'm in the courtyard with the pair of Giants...take those out...go right, being careful to fight the Brainsucker (I hate that thing) and then the Huntsmen around in the residential area. Head towards the alleys with all those closed doors...loop back towards the courtyard and then, back towards the cathedral. On the way back, another Giant and some trolls past that Giant...

And then back to the lantern...

Hope this run helps. I honestly can say I did not have too much trouble with the two bosses you are against right now. What weapon are you using now? Still the Saw?
Old 05-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Doomie...I dunno (I don't remember what I did to get it to work) if the elevator inside the cathedral works yet...but, if yes, it would be useful to go upstairs and at least up the tower to get the badge that unlocks Ludwig's Holy Blade...which IMO, is the LAST weapon you'll ever wanna own.

Anyways...just re-read your post, are you giving up on this game?
Old 05-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Team Owner

Still with the Saw. Hammer is upgraded but still meh and slow. Only good for bosses, not multiple bitches.

How many echoes for that run? It's a risky run though with all the giants. I can easily die with a lucky hit here or there.

Gotta kill the BSB to get the Ludwig blade.

Yeah the BSB I can hit without issue but that bitch catches me on one of those super mega poison hits it's game over and really annoying. I fucking hate one kill boss games esp after having to run 10 miles just to get to him. Hard for nothing starts digging into fun. Don't get me wrong I'm up for a challenge but so far I like the fight combination play control of MGR, Bayonetta, DMC wayyyyy more than BB. This one is more RPGish but it's sort of dumbed down fighting. I should probably try TMNT next as it's from Platinum who developed MGR.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Team Owner

I saw that in the Hemwick Woods I can grab some Twin Shards which will allow me to upgrade my Saw even more. Maybe at +6 it will help even the odds
Old 05-27-2016, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Still with the Saw. Hammer is upgraded but still meh and slow. Only good for bosses, not multiple bitches.

How many echoes for that run? It's a risky run though with all the giants. I can easily die with a lucky hit here or there.

Gotta kill the BSB to get the Ludwig blade.

Yeah the BSB I can hit without issue but that bitch catches me on one of those super mega poison hits it's game over and really annoying. I fucking hate one kill boss games esp after having to run 10 miles just to get to him. Hard for nothing starts digging into fun. Don't get me wrong I'm up for a challenge but so far I like the fight combination play control of MGR, Bayonetta, DMC wayyyyy more than BB. This one is more RPGish but it's sort of dumbed down fighting. I should probably try TMNT next as it's from Platinum who developed MGR.
Ahhh...okay...so, you're 1-hit death? Eek. There is something in your character's build that is different than mine. I killed pretty much all the initial bosses with the Kirkhammer...I just swing it without charging and the smash effect often will cause shock in the enemy.

In cases that I am charging it, you just have to time it. So, with Church Servants, I time it so that by the time they are close, my hammer swings and they are severely damaged. I dunno, this game's strategy is more about timing and knowing when to have a well-placed attack. Dodging and rolling out of combos is also important...I'm sure this is not your problem however since you are a seasoned player for action/adventure games like this.

I will suggest that you focus on building up your character's stamina/strength so that he/she can withstand a hit or two from a boss. I don't recall being a 1-hit-death ever...Father G killed me because his combos were so fierce and fast that I had no chance to get out but it was a combo...not 1 hit.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Hemwick Charnel Lane...??? Oooo...be sure you find the secret way to Cainhurst!!

Do NOT miss Cainhurst as that's one of the greatest mining runs you can go on if you know how to handle the monsters in there (again, I used the hammer).
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

If you need help to get to Cainhurst, let me know...it involves a certain "doctor" and going to her place to get a letter.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

And oops...to you question on the run I suggested, I do not remember...just that it got me lots.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Team Owner

Ok went to Hemwick and got the twin shards so my axe is a +5. Amelia was much easier and I had her down to one shot and she killed me lulz.But a few more tries and I won. Went after BSB again and she was much easier. Of course one more blow and she killed me. I'll get her later meh. Got to explore the cliffs and continue on in Hemwick to find the Castle path.

My endurance, vitality, strength , and skill are like at 20 each so my character is pretty tough. I got to do some guide reading to see what's next. If antidotes were plentiful I'd go after BSB but I'll just explore for now.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok went to Hemwick and got the twin shards so my axe is a +5. Amelia was much easier and I had her down to one shot and she killed me lulz.But a few more tries and I won. Went after BSB again and she was much easier. Of course one more blow and she killed me. I'll get her later meh. Got to explore the cliffs and continue on in Hemwick to find the Castle path.

My endurance, vitality, strength , and skill are like at 20 each so my character is pretty tough. I got to do some guide reading to see what's next. If antidotes were plentiful I'd go after BSB but I'll just explore for now.
Cool...congrats on advancing past one boss.

Death is a common thing in Bloodborne, you're meant to die alot. The creator of the game has a twisted sense of humor, I guess. So, if you have access to Cainhurst, you are probably at the best place to mine for $$$ for quite some time now (until the latter stages of the game).

The monsters here are 2 types: easy and hard. The hard ones, you can't miss...giant mosquito-like demons. I used the hammer and went for the charged smash and repeat...but, if it's missed, you're toast. So, you need to be good with the Kirkhammer. I don't have a strategy with the Saw-Blade, however. But, I'm sure you can figure it out.

The boss in Cainhurst will be a test...but, again, if you were able to kill Father G, I would suggest this is "easier".
Old 05-27-2016, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

And yeah, +1 on the exploration bit. I often put off on boss-slaying until I knew I've absolutely exhausted all my exploration in an area...that also allowed me to be quite the beast/tank to fight them too by that point.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Team Owner

Yeah need a summon from Hemwick to get to the castle. Guess I'll fight the witch first
Old 05-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Team Owner

Oh man just whooped BSBs ass!!! Super aggressive. Changed to the church anti poison gear. Really went at her and she kept losing energy fast. My endurance held and lit her with a few cocktails. Super fast fight.
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (05-28-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 12:21 PM
Team Owner

Oh man whooped the witch first time through. Got the sword too but still slightly favor the saw cleaver. I can +6 the saw or +4 the sword.

I also loaded up on runes so I can either do forbidden wpods, healing church, or unseen village. Decisions decisions
Old 05-28-2016, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh man whooped the witch first time through. Got the sword too but still slightly favor the saw cleaver. I can +6 the saw or +4 the sword.

I also loaded up on runes so I can either do forbidden wpods, healing church, or unseen village. Decisions decisions
Congrats! Nicely done...so, you needed the right armor to protect against the attacks. Good adjustment.

I would suggest you work on building up Ludwig's sword. In the alternate form, it is slowish but it is a brutal weapon on enemies. Once you've mastered it, I will argue there are few weaponry as great as it. But...go with what you prefer and enjoy. Honestly, you can finish the game with any weapon.

The summons is back in Yharnam and involves a doctor you know.
Doom878 (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 07:37 AM
Team Owner

Ok got a lot done. Quick recap:

Unseen Village: Holy shit those kidnappers are fucking strong. Ok so Darkbeast Paarl. I go into this lair FIRST time, I see something shiny on the ground. Ok I invited someone to help WHAAAA. I knew about this but had tried to avoid to save Insight for real shit even though I have like 32 plus a bunch of Madmen's. Plus this was the first go with this boss so I went in blind. Well we whooped his ass and I thought for sure I'd die. I got him from behind while my partner went head on. I read this boss was a bitch.

Forbidden Woods: Good God this was tough. Thank God I had the guide because those man serpents are fucking tough. I had to fight at one point 3 of them. That was one of the most intense non-boss fights I'd ever been in. Must've used like 8 vials. Plus those giant snake balls ugh. And the cave with giants and poison everywhere YUCK. Shadows of Yharnam. I watched a video on them and did some research. Everyone says take out the fire mage first. So the second time I faced them I kicked their fucking ass. The 2 handed sword would stagger them and I got it up to +6.

Ok the Clinic nothing of note and I didn't fight the doc. I read the reward is meh and she's tough.

Cainhurst motherfucking castle. Ok those Legend of Zelda tektite clones can suck my dick. Once I unlocked that gate to the right, never again man. HOly shit they're tough. I cleared out all the treasure in the outside but damn it took a while. You feel good pwning the Shadows and then tektites kick your ass like nothing. Inside the castle no big deal. I've faced Martyr twice and it's not pretty. I drank a fuckton of vials both times, probably like 30 total. First time around I tried with the sword but speed seems to be the way so I went Saw Cleaver. I gotta get the parry, visceral combos on him. Might back off like I did with BSB and hit him later. I've read dudes struggling with him at level 70, 80, and even 120

My guy is in the high 60's. Still balancing Vitality, Strength, Stamina, and Skill. Never really was a magic/arcane guy so probably won't bother with the other two items. I've actually converted to a sword guy. That side swipe staggering hit and killing people in one shot is so satisfying and effective. I have some shards so I could level it to +7 as well as my saw cleaver but I gotta see which I'll use more. Martyr might be an exception for the claws but I don't waste those precious shards for one boss I might temp skip. Rocking the black church garb since it has a nice balance with physical, gun, and arcane hits. I have the knight and executioner attire but nothing that I feel I have to change yet.

As far as level run I favor from the Witch's old house to the lamp where Hemwick and the woods near the Cathedral meet. The women are one shot deaths and the executioners are two-three shots plus they drop so many vials that I might need. A few of those tall lanky dudes that come out at night plus some birds and dogs and that's like a quick 17k echoes with minimal risk of dying. Where's that castle run you spoke about. The women ghosts don't seem hard but the dart dudes are annoying.
Yumcha (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok got a lot done. Quick recap:

Unseen Village: Holy shit those kidnappers are fucking strong. Ok so Darkbeast Paarl. I go into this lair FIRST time, I see something shiny on the ground. Ok I invited someone to help WHAAAA. I knew about this but had tried to avoid to save Insight for real shit even though I have like 32 plus a bunch of Madmen's. Plus this was the first go with this boss so I went in blind. Well we whooped his ass and I thought for sure I'd die. I got him from behind while my partner went head on. I read this boss was a bitch.

Forbidden Woods: Good God this was tough. Thank God I had the guide because those man serpents are fucking tough. I had to fight at one point 3 of them. That was one of the most intense non-boss fights I'd ever been in. Must've used like 8 vials. Plus those giant snake balls ugh. And the cave with giants and poison everywhere YUCK. Shadows of Yharnam. I watched a video on them and did some research. Everyone says take out the fire mage first. So the second time I faced them I kicked their fucking ass. The 2 handed sword would stagger them and I got it up to +6.

Ok the Clinic nothing of note and I didn't fight the doc. I read the reward is meh and she's tough.

Cainhurst motherfucking castle. Ok those Legend of Zelda tektite clones can suck my dick. Once I unlocked that gate to the right, never again man. HOly shit they're tough. I cleared out all the treasure in the outside but damn it took a while. You feel good pwning the Shadows and then tektites kick your ass like nothing. Inside the castle no big deal. I've faced Martyr twice and it's not pretty. I drank a fuckton of vials both times, probably like 30 total. First time around I tried with the sword but speed seems to be the way so I went Saw Cleaver. I gotta get the parry, visceral combos on him. Might back off like I did with BSB and hit him later. I've read dudes struggling with him at level 70, 80, and even 120

My guy is in the high 60's. Still balancing Vitality, Strength, Stamina, and Skill. Never really was a magic/arcane guy so probably won't bother with the other two items. I've actually converted to a sword guy. That side swipe staggering hit and killing people in one shot is so satisfying and effective. I have some shards so I could level it to +7 as well as my saw cleaver but I gotta see which I'll use more. Martyr might be an exception for the claws but I don't waste those precious shards for one boss I might temp skip. Rocking the black church garb since it has a nice balance with physical, gun, and arcane hits. I have the knight and executioner attire but nothing that I feel I have to change yet.

As far as level run I favor from the Witch's old house to the lamp where Hemwick and the woods near the Cathedral meet. The women are one shot deaths and the executioners are two-three shots plus they drop so many vials that I might need. A few of those tall lanky dudes that come out at night plus some birds and dogs and that's like a quick 17k echoes with minimal risk of dying. Where's that castle run you spoke about. The women ghosts don't seem hard but the dart dudes are annoying.
Nicely done, Doomie!

Cainhurst is a great $$$$ mining area because those jumping mosquitoes yield a PILE of $$$...and then, if you know how to fight the ghosts (one by one) by drawing one to you, and then hitting with a charged attack, they are quick deaths. Just know how to sneak up on them.

The initial floor of the castle with those little guys wiping the floor...easy too...sneak up...do a viceral attack. Boom...easy. Anyways, again...your preference and really, this is why this game is so damn amazing...very deep and many ways to clear it. If you are going to try Cainhurst, use the Kirkhammer in hammer form. Time your charge as they hop towards you and you can easily flatten them. Do NOT engage more than 1 at a time. The ones beneath the cliffs can be easily had if you time your attacks too. I am sure you can figure this out.

I would highly urge you try this run as you'll amass levels and $$$$ quick. And if I'm not mistaken, those gargoyles in Cainhurst drop some nice crap every so often. The boss at Cainhurst was a street-fight but I remember, one key discovery was dodging and rolling LEFT. Alot.

Going right gets my @$$ handed to me. Again...he's NO Father G. And if you have not fought Rom yet, arguably, less difficult. Speed kills against the Martyr and so, I had my Ludwig sword in its main form.

Glad you're plowing through the game though...it's damn relentless but it's fun, right?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

BTW, Doomie...you didn't consume any umbilical cords, right?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

And in the Forbidden Forest...did you find the...weird person? And what did you do to him?
Old 05-31-2016, 03:26 PM
Team Owner

I have a cord but haven't touched it. I don't use the weird stuff. I barely touch my items. I do use the runes and love them. I think I have to give one to the other hunter that I'm friendly with. Reminds me of Ser Jamie

I sent the cannibal to the clinic and saw his ass there in his new form Did you find fake Ioefska?

BTW was your powered kirkhammer stronger than your powered Ludwig sword?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:41 PM
Senior Moderator

I have a cord but haven't touched it. I don't use the weird stuff. I barely touch my items. I do use the runes and love them. I think I have to give one to the other hunter that I'm friendly with. Reminds me of Ser Jamie

I sent the cannibal to the clinic and saw his ass there in his new form Did you find fake Ioefska?

BTW was your powered kirkhammer stronger than your powered Ludwig sword?
Ah...LOL, well...the "weird" beggar in the Forest...I actually "lucked" into finding out what he was. I had never at that point attacked cooperative NPCs and so, I was curious what happened if I swung my weapon at him. And the reason for that was well, he was creepy-looking and sitting on a pile of dead bodies...just "off".

So, it was kinda a "shrug" and who cares if he dies, right? So, LOL...you can imagine my WTF when he changed.

And he wiped the floor with me in his beast form and it was not until I realized I could run into the door way and attack that I beat him...and rather, cheaply too...I had ran out of daggers at this point and so, I picked the next logical weapon...a POISON dagger in my arsenal...and well, after about 2 (or was it 3), he died! Something that powerful died from a puny poison dagger. So, anyways...that's how I dealt with him. I never sent him anywhere.

Iosefka...she's a bad doctor. Or something went wrong with her after I had left her clinic in the beginning. But, I think I sent ONE person to her and afterwards, all those people became these weird looking alien things. I also returned to her clinic after the Moon change and so, at this time, she was actually incapacitated. I killed her and got an umbilical cord as a result.

The Kirkhammer at the point of Cainhurst was still my strongest weapon. Ludwig's Blade had just started to get used in the Forest and well, I too struggled with the enemies in there. I found out for myself that the Blade in its second form is a bit faster and the reach was outstanding. I knew it was important against the enemies in Yahar'Gul. You'll soon figure out why...that's a "gauntlet" stage. Be ready for not 1, not 2...but, 3 hunters at once. Be resourceful in that fight and know when to run and fight cheap.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Team Owner

Yeah I had read that the cannibal would've kicked my ass and I had already attacked Eileen earlier which was a disaster. I literally lift my finger off the R1 button to not accidientally strike.

Yeah apparently the real Iosefka was replaced by a fake. She started turning NPC's into alien things which is what my cannibal became. I'll go back later too.

Yeah I already went to Yahar'Gul (Unseen Village). That's when I fought the Darkbeast with a buddy by mistake. I've watched some fights on YouTube just to see how it is solo. That would've sucked.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Yeah I had read that the cannibal would've kicked my ass and I had already attacked Eileen earlier which was a disaster. I literally lift my finger off the R1 button to not accidientally strike.

Yeah apparently the real Iosefka was replaced by a fake. She started turning NPC's into alien things which is what my cannibal became. I'll go back later too.

Yeah I already went to Yahar'Gul (Unseen Village). That's when I fought the Darkbeast with a buddy by mistake. I've watched some fights on YouTube just to see how it is solo. That would've sucked.

Yeah, if I play through a 2nd time, I'll try to help Eileen again...miffed how her storyline got pooched because I died just as Henryk was ready to die.

I do have an incentive to try and complete the Chalice dungeons too...but, those are a whole big can of worms and difficulty which I sorta already had a taste when I had to deal with Rom in closed quarters.

I guess diving deeper will actually yield some amazingly powerful treasures though.

Ah...the Iosefka plot wasn't clear. Where did the imposter come from? I just thought she was evil to start with or something happened to her mentally to go insane.

Sorry for completely forgetting that the Darkbeast is in the Unseen Village. How did you take out the 3 hunters at once? I ran screaming for my Mommy and fought them from outside of the lamp room and struck them through the walls.

Yes, cheap...I'll admit it was a horrid way to beat them.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Team Owner

Nah fuck that they cheap you too much. I used my sword to put them on their ass. Went after the fire mage. Then went after the other two. Think I killed the fire sword guy second. Since my sword had strong knockdown power (is that blunt), it was easy.

I only had time to level up a few last night. HOpefully tonight I can get in a boss fight.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Nah fuck that they cheap you too much. I used my sword to put them on their ass. Went after the fire mage. Then went after the other two. Think I killed the fire sword guy second. Since my sword had strong knockdown power (is that blunt), it was easy.

I only had time to level up a few last night. HOpefully tonight I can get in a boss fight.
Haha...my justification was that this game is so brutally relentless, "cheaping" out to kill something is okay.

But. yeah...with how a long-reaching weapon can go "through" walls, I use that tactic often against large enemies that can't go through a door as well. There will come a stage later which (I'll be shocked if at THIS location you disagree) you'll reach, the Upper Cathedral Ward...the Werewolves here DROP BLOOD CHUNKS. I repeat, BLOOD CHUNKS.

Plus, if you have the right Runes equipped, if you go through this area, you'll get heaps of $$$...anyways, the run HERE is to start at the lamp, kill all the Celestial Worms/Larvae (?), the birds outside...run UP the stairs...sneak visceral kill the Brainsucker (if you have the visceral attack Rune $$$ power-up, this is a must), then within the darkened church, is a pile of Wolves...well, use the doors.

Every so often, Blood Chunks. I was able to Level Up my Blade here pretty much to it's "god" form...and every other weapon as well.

Anyways, FYI. Just watch out for the Brainsuckers in this area because well, losing Insight sucks.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:16 AM
Team Owner

Ugh that Logarious man. His first phase is super easy. You just stay near him to the left side (his right) and slash away. Very rare will he actually melee and his magic just misses or gets interrupted. It's his second phase I'm having problems with because I suck at parrying. I think I've seen 10 videos on how to fight him and EVERY video is parry parry parry. Nobody wants to roll through or counter his melee hits since they're fast and strong. Plus his sword magic is problematic. Guess I got some practice ahead.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Ugh that Logarious man. His first phase is super easy. You just stay near him to the left side (his right) and slash away. Very rare will he actually melee and his magic just misses or gets interrupted. It's his second phase I'm having problems with because I suck at parrying. I think I've seen 10 videos on how to fight him and EVERY video is parry parry parry. Nobody wants to roll through or counter his melee hits since they're fast and strong. Plus his sword magic is problematic. Guess I got some practice ahead.

Ahhh...I remember! I used the Lead Elixir! Try it out! It may take 1-2 attempts against Logarius as you may die...BUT, use it in his 3rd form when he's going beast mode. His attacks will miss, at least a chunk of them...when they connect, you heal...and the wail away.

I didn't have much problem with him and I think you'll be fine with this trick!!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Actually, now that I recall that useful item, I've used the Lead Elixir in the Chalice Dungeons against some nutbar bosses too that have huge combos that you can't roll out of.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Team Owner

Right now I only have one lead elixir since I haven't unlocked the Insight shop. I'd rather hold it rather than risk wasting it.