Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, XO, PS3, PS4: Destiny

Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
I believe I'll be purchasing 2 exotic armors this coming weekend...a helmet for my Titan and one for my Hunter. I skipped last week because I didn't like the look of them.

I really need Motes of Light though. I want the Hunter cloak with the snake on it.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
I believe I'll be purchasing 2 exotic armors this coming weekend...a helmet for my Titan and one for my Hunter. I skipped last week because I didn't like the look of them.

I really need Motes of Light though. I want the Hunter cloak with the snake on it.
Are you finding with 2 characters you can collect motes of light and coins easier or is it just twice the work?

I too want to save more motes of light. My warlock bond... equivalent to your cloak, is my only noneed legendary armor. Need 6 more motes to taste with the... who is it the speaker? Or is it listener? I'm confusing destiny with the dark brotherhood here. Hahaha
Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Race Director

The Speaker haha, he has all the legendary class armor and emblems.

I have a 26 Titan and my other 2 characters are under 20 so i don't have any coins or Motes with them unfortunately.

Once they're both higher levels I believe you can do the weekly Strike and keep getting strange coins. So with say 2 characters at level 28+, you have the ability to get 18 strange coins since you get 9 each Strike.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Honestly at this point Im not worried about coins anymore now than I have an exotic Sniper I really like and one set of exotic armor.

From here I can hit 30 with all other legendary gear correct?

Is so than all I care about now are Motes of light and Ascendant energy/shards.
Cause if I put any Ascendant Shards into my exotic it'll be a waste if I then swap it out for another exotic... unless I'm swimming in shards anyway which I doubt Ill ever be.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
From here I can hit 30 with all other legendary gear correct?.
You will cap out at level 29 with an exotic and upgraded legendary. In order to get to 30, you need all 4 Raid gear (armor acquired from Raid) or 3 Raid gear + Exotic.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
You will cap out at level 29 with an exotic and upgraded legendary. In order to get to 30, you need all 4 Raid gear (armor acquired from Raid) or 3 Raid gear + Exotic.
Thank you.

Here is some more info I found that really spells it out.

LightLevel/ /Required +Light
Level 21/ /21 Light
Level 22/ /32 Light
Level 23/ /43 Light
Level 24/ /54 Light
Level 25/ /65 Light
Level 26/ /76 Light
Level 27/ /87 Light
Level 28/ /98 Light
Level 29/ /109 Light
Level 30/ /120 Light

What is Light? How can I get more of it?

At Level 20 you will require Light from armor to reach higher levels. Light is on most higher level pieces of Armor (18+) but you'll want the Level 20 armor for the best results. Upgrading the armor will increase the Light stat on the it, often by 1 for Rare armor, 2 for Legendary, and up to 4 for Raid and Exotic armor. Rare Level 20 armor will cap at 15 Light a piece. This means with full Rare armor you will only achieve Level 24 (60 Light) and thus need something else to level higher. That's where Legendary armor comes into play. It can cap at 27 Light, allowing you to level up to 28 (108 Light) and with a little assistance from Exotic or Raid Gear (which both cap at 30 Light) you can reach Level 29 (109 or higher). To achieve the current maximum level you need 120 Light. This requires a combination of 1 Exotic and 3 Raid armor or simply all four pieces of Raid armor, fully upgraded. Raid Gloves, Chest, and Boots can be obtained from Vault of Glass - Normal Mode -- the helm is obtained from Hard Mode.

Note - All Legendary armor starts at 18 Light, even Raid armor. Exotic armor starts at 21 Light. The cost of Ascendant Shards for Raid armor and Exotic Armor upgrades towards the end cost more than normal Legendary armor (8 instead of 6).
[Guide] Max Light Level & Raid Gear : DestinyTheGame

So I could hit 29 by completely upgrading what I currently have (3 legendary 1 exotic)
But in the end, the highest possible light count is 120 which is only met with fully upgraded raid gear (which has as much light as exotics when fully upgraded but start like a legendary)... and an exotic if you choose but doesnt have to be.

I guess the issue now is do I want to not spend any Ascendant shards on my legendary until I have all Raid armor or just level up my legendary items and chill at 29 for a looooong time.

I plan on picking up a ps4 in the future. Maybe new year. Im currently on xbox so I wont be able to carry my character over... may start as a hunter then.

Since Ill be tossing my character anyway Ill just level up my legendary armor... oh well.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
Just have 1 piece of armor left to upgrade fully and then I'm 30.

Raid on Hard is hard :/
Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Just have 1 piece of armor left to upgrade fully and then I'm 30.

Raid on Hard is hard :/
Have you finished it yet on hard or still trying?

What's the least amount of people you did the raid with?

My team of 3 tried to just see what it was like and we couldn't even sync one plate let alone three at the same time. lol
Old 10-10-2014, 12:27 PM

These guys beat it with 2. Although they did have to bring in a 3rd to trigger the exit at Gorgon: The Vault of Glass, shattered by two guardians : DestinyTheGame
Old 10-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Goodbye.

Have you finished it yet on hard or still trying?

What's the least amount of people you did the raid with?

My team of 3 tried to just see what it was like and we couldn't even sync one plate let alone three at the same time. lol
I've beaten the raid on hard!

Got the Vex MythoLOLcast too!

All the times I've beaten the raid completely from start to finish, was a full team of 6.

F THAT ATHEON on hard!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Do you use the mythoclast online?

Any word if bungie has edited the stats?
Old 10-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

New found respect for daily heroics.
first few times bugged me because I only got a legendary which broke down to one shard. Second time got one uncommon. Wasn't happy with the turn outs.

Last night turned it up to 28 difficulty and got a legendary and 2 ascendant energies. Was happy with that then the legendary engramy became legendary boots which broke down into 3 shards!!! I was very happy with that.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Race Director

Definitely getting the exotic helmet for the Titan when I get home today.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
That helm is very worth it.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I have no clue what the best way is to level up my character so I just keep doing strikes and playing in the crucible hoping for good gear. So far got up to a 23 and love the game just not enough time to play and really learn.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Goodbye.

Do you use the mythoclast online?

Any word if bungie has edited the stats?
Yes, and it destroys people in 3 shots to the head in normal Crucible, but is odd in Iron Banner. Sometimes I'll destroy people so fast in IB with it, other times I unload 20 rounds into them and they live.

Mythoclast has not been nerfed.

I do notice a lot more people watching my twitch now that I got the mythoclast LOL.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes, and it destroys people in 3 shots to the head in normal Crucible, but is odd in Iron Banner. Sometimes I'll destroy people so fast in IB with it, other times I unload 20 rounds into them and they live.

Mythoclast has not been nerfed.

I do notice a lot more people watching my twitch now that I got the mythoclast LOL.
I ask if it has been nerfed because I either don't run in to it ever in PVP or it's not that big of a deal.

I was reading a reddit discussion on it and many people were saying that the Regime can outclass the Mythoclast with a little range. And when it comes to close combat, a shotgun with the right perks and wielded properly can put the Mythoclast down. So it all comes down PVP skill.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Devil Dog 21
I have no clue what the best way is to level up my character so I just keep doing strikes and playing in the crucible hoping for good gear. So far got up to a 23 and love the game just not enough time to play and really learn.
Pre 20 the best way to level is any way to gain experience. I found story mode then crucible together is the best pre 20. After 20 you need strictly Light to level which means you just need to find better armor. Few ways to do this.
Choose if you like doing Vanguard Strikelists or PVP Crucible. Both are good for finding engrams which when decoded into armor should hold light.

If you like playing against hords of enemies with a team then you want to go to the bounty collector and get Vanguard bounties to increase your vanguard reputation and gain vanguard marks.

Pre 20 you can buy better armor with glimmer, the in game currency.
After 20 you will need to use specially gained marks for the legendary tier armor and weapons.

Bounties gain you rep, you need Rank 2 Rep to buy anything good from any faction vendors. ( faction vendors are vanguard, crucible, dead orbit, FWC, etc) Once you have worked your Rep high enough you can use the Marks you have gained to buy legendary armor from faction vendors.

If you dont like Strikelists and want to do the Crucible then you just do the same thing but with Crucible bounties and you will be purchasing with Crucible Marks from the Crucible Vendor.

Further more, there are factions like FWC, and Dead Orbit that you can buy Class Items from... i.e. Warlock Bond for Warlocks, Cape thingy for Hunters, and the other cape thingy for titans. While wearing these class items you gain rep exclusively for that faction which lets you buy from that faction vendor.

You can also simply find or be awarded legendary equipement, which is what you want to be looking for at this point to get past level 25.

Also when you go to orbit you will see markers on the left side. Like Weekly Heroic, Daily Heroic, etc. Do those when you are high enough, increase the difficulty where you can, and you'll gain better building material to upgrade better equipment.

Once you are in all legendary gear you'll either want to upgrade that to get you to level 29 or hold off and save your Ascendent material until you have exotic and raid gear. You need that to get completely to level 30. You'll also win strange coins from Weekly Heroics which is a great way to buy Exotic weapons and armor from Xur on Saturday/Early Sunday.

Hope that book right there helps. hahaha
The following users liked this post:
Devil Dog 21 (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Pre 20 the best way to level is any way to gain experience. I found story mode then crucible together is the best pre 20. After 20 you need strictly Light to level which means you just need to find better armor. Few ways to do this.
Choose if you like doing Vanguard Strikelists or PVP Crucible. Both are good for finding engrams which when decoded into armor should hold light.

If you like playing against hords of enemies with a team then you want to go to the bounty collector and get Vanguard bounties to increase your vanguard reputation and gain vanguard marks.

Pre 20 you can buy better armor with glimmer, the in game currency.
After 20 you will need to use specially gained marks for the legendary tier armor and weapons.

Bounties gain you rep, you need Rank 2 Rep to buy anything good from any faction vendors. ( faction vendors are vanguard, crucible, dead orbit, FWC, etc) Once you have worked your Rep high enough you can use the Marks you have gained to buy legendary armor from faction vendors.

If you dont like Strikelists and want to do the Crucible then you just do the same thing but with Crucible bounties and you will be purchasing with Crucible Marks from the Crucible Vendor.

Further more, there are factions like FWC, and Dead Orbit that you can buy Class Items from... i.e. Warlock Bond for Warlocks, Cape thingy for Hunters, and the other cape thingy for titans. While wearing these class items you gain rep exclusively for that faction which lets you buy from that faction vendor.

You can also simply find or be awarded legendary equipement, which is what you want to be looking for at this point to get past level 25.

Also when you go to orbit you will see markers on the left side. Like Weekly Heroic, Daily Heroic, etc. Do those when you are high enough, increase the difficulty where you can, and you'll gain better building material to upgrade better equipment.

Once you are in all legendary gear you'll either want to upgrade that to get you to level 29 or hold off and save your Ascendent material until you have exotic and raid gear. You need that to get completely to level 30. You'll also win strange coins from Weekly Heroics which is a great way to buy Exotic weapons and armor from Xur on Saturday/Early Sunday.

Hope that book right there helps. hahaha
Helps a ton! Car community helping me with gaming is awesome
Old 10-13-2014, 01:59 PM

Sooooo.......I converted to SunBro!

I feel that Sunsinger fits my play style a lot better. I'm much better with Sunsinger in PvP and PvE than I am with either Gunslinger/Bladedancer.

David, I'm hatin real bad right now. But I do expect a lot more people to run around with Mythoclast now that you can cheese Atheon.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

I may be going that directions. I need to make a second and third character for strange coin collection/ascendant material so Im going to switch over to Sunslinger the first chance I get so I can level that up quickly.

I hate seeing people I killed revive then kill me. I must be that jerk!!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
Sooooo.......I converted to SunBro!

I feel that Sunsinger fits my play style a lot better. I'm much better with Sunsinger in PvP and PvE than I am with either Gunslinger/Bladedancer.

David, I'm hatin real bad right now. But I do expect a lot more people to run around with Mythoclast now that you can cheese Atheon.
PRAISE THE SUN!

usdmJON (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Goodbye.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND Mythoclast is NERFED!

At least I got to dominate the crucible for a week :/
Fastest 100 crucible marks I've ever made.
Time to go back to my Raid Scout Rifle.

I'm more surprised that they removed the cheese Templar way in the raid and not the cheese Atheon. (prob next week's patch)
Old 10-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL Right after I said discussions were swaying away from it being OP. Oh well. I wouldnt have voted to nerf it until it became more prevalent.

At least Im not on PS facing that exotic handcannon with wings.

And yes yes praise the sun. Head ahead therefor head... try jumping.

I need to be sunslinger now. Will match my SunBreaker gauntlets and their solar nade perk will actually be beneficial to me.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Some Official news on the resent hotfix regarding VoG, Vexmytho, and more.

DESTINY HOTFIX TARGETS VAULT OF GLASS RAID AND NERFS AUTO RIFLE

105 Kill volume added to sniper platforms.
BY JENNA PITCHER Destiny’s hotfix 1.0.2.2 is rolling out October 14, bringing a number of weapon balance changes and fixes for the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

The update to the challenging Venus-based Vault of Glass Raid now forces players to tackle the Templar boss as Bungie intended. The hotfix introduces a kill volume to sniper platforms that prevents players from sitting on top of them and sniping from a safe distance. In addition, the Relic it will be removed and respawned if players in possession of it leaves the playable area. For strategy tips on how to successfully complete Vault of Glass, check out our Wiki Guide.

Destiny - IGN Plays Destiny - Raid: The Vault of Glass
09:34
The hotfix lowers the auto rifle effectiveness with reductions made to its base damage, precision damage multiplier and stability. The scout rifle damage output is increased, along with improved target acquisition and additional recoil tuning. Shotguns base damage at maximum range has been decreased heavily and exotic weapons Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity have received tweaks.

The roll out also address issues with strikes, the Titan and Warlock classes and the Valkyrie-O5X ship. According to the post, “The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan.”

Bungie notes that it is still working on a larger update that will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance. The patch notes follow in full:

General
Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes
Titan
Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock
Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons
General
Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles
Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons
In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles
Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns
Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons
Vex Mythoclast
Base Damage decreased by 34%

Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks
Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities
Strikes
Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

Raid - Vault of Glass
Templar Encounter
Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
Destiny Hotfix Targets Vault of Glass Raid and Nerfs Auto Rifle - IGN

HOLY CRAP WHAT A NERF!! 34% decrease in base damage. That cray.

Last edited by usdmJON; 10-14-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Goodbye.

Vex Mythoclast was never OP. It was powerful up close, but at long range it was shit (low damage and very inaccurate). Suros Regime is OP and could take you out long and short range.

Now thanks to low level whiners who never could attempt hard raid, the Mythoclast is a piece of shit that is worse than the beginning gun you get. Ugh. It'll stay in my vault until they rebuff it, or forever remain as a trophy.

More of these stupid Diablo3 style nerfs and I'll be stopping my play until the DLC.
Getting the rest of the raid gear for my lock and getting to 30 is the only thing keeping me on now, aside from clan fun.

Also, Fusion rifles and shotguns are still too powerful stupid bungie.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL
That is what I was thinking when you posted it got nerfed. The more I read the more people were saying if you can't take down the mytho you just don't know how to play pvp.

Now people are complaining overly about the hunters blade dance spree. All it takes is some hip fire as they draw close to down the shield and a charged melee at the right time will kill them.
But soon I'm sure they'll get their special nerfed too.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Isn't the game supposed to restrict your sub class until 15??
I started over as a warlock and during the intro was able to swap to sun singer before even gaining xp.
I've not unlocked the solar nades... awesome.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Goodbye.

Bladedancer's arc blade is legit OP though.

Having to rely on 80% luck and 20% timing should not be the way to defeat someone. They need to either reduce the overshield/recharge rate during that super, or slow them down.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Race Director

I'm bored of this game already
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Bladedancer's arc blade is legit OP though.

Having to rely on 80% luck and 20% timing should not be the way to defeat someone. They need to either reduce the overshield/recharge rate during that super, or slow them down.
I don't know if you've played as a Bladedancer, but it's definitely not OP. It's one hit kill just like any other offensive super. That's like saying Golden Gun, Nova Bomb, and Fist of Havoc is OP.

As a Bladedancer I feel that positioning yourself for the super is the most difficult part. You have to first hide, either around the corner or far enough that the enemy can't hit you. Then you have to risk lunging into a crowd if there is one. If there's just a single enemy, you just got yourself a kill (just like any other super). It's not easy to pull it off like you think. If anything, Golden Gun is much easier to pull off than Arc Blade. The "stress" of Arc Blade was one of the reason I switched to the tanky Sungsinger's super.

To counter Arc Blade? Nade, shotgun, then melee. Works every time.

Last edited by mdkxtreme; 10-15-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Goodbye.

Played as a Bladedancer, I win games 100% of the time. Not even a challenge. Just max out Intellect, jump into a crowd and continue to slice until everyone is dead. Rinse and repeat.
6 Bladedancers using arc blade continuously in any match makes the entire other team quit 99% of the time. Tested and proven.

Oh no I am going to die, activate super, destroy everyone, carry on my zig-zag way to the next victim.

Golden Gun is much harder because the person actually has to aim and use it effectively.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:06 PM

You make it sound too easy. If you run into 3 guys that know what they're doing, just at least two of them nade the ground near them and meleeing is enough to take down a a Bladedancer. I'd say 60% of the time I can take down a Bladedancer if I have good distance from him. 100% he'll kill me if he's within 5 meters.....just like any other super.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Goodbye.

Titan and Warlock's supers, you can just shoot them to death easily. Arc Blade, nope.
Class balance is never Bungie's strong suit.

And yes, Arc Blade is super easy to dominate.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Id call it OP when they'll go into Arc Blade, and 3-4 guys can be taken over, not by surprise but by sheer agility and force.

If I see it coming, sure, as I said I can put some shots in to lower the shield then place a charged melee at the right time... IF it's charged and IF I keep my cool as they power up... more often then not if I have a team mate or two around me I will turn around and RUN.
Same when Sunsinger's power up in front of me. Fuck that I'm out. That is the point of a super, to be devastating.

As long as it's not a team of BladeDancers like TSXy said then I'm cool with just a few moments of frustration. Sooner or later I'll get a chance to dance on their body though.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 AM

I'm bored of this game already
I've stopped playing too. Probably gonna wait until the DLC. Friends stopped playing as well.

Even before its shitty loot system was fixed, Diablo III was still more captivating. Or maybe my love for shooters has dwindled.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Costco
I've stopped playing too. Probably gonna wait until the DLC. Friends stopped playing as well.

Even before its shitty loot system was fixed, Diablo III was still more captivating. Or maybe my love for shooters has dwindled.
I agree. I bought the LE version so I'll play the 2 DLC's since I've already redeemed them but after that, I see very low replayability with this game. Loot sucks, story sucks, leveling up SUCKS.

Diablo 3 is a completely different game but it's a lot more fun. I actually enjoy playing through the story which is 100x more interesting than Destiny's and loot is plentiful. Sure you pick up a ton of junk, but your chances of picking up something great are much better than Destiny's.

I'm really sad that Destiny was hyped this much, to provide so little. And with all these DLC areas being discovered, I'm even more disappointed. But who is to blame? Is it Bungie or Activision for making the cuts?
Old 10-16-2014, 03:08 PM

I agree. I bought the LE version so I'll play the 2 DLC's since I've already redeemed them but after that, I see very low replayability with this game. Loot sucks, story sucks, leveling up SUCKS.

Diablo 3 is a completely different game but it's a lot more fun. I actually enjoy playing through the story which is 100x more interesting than Destiny's and loot is plentiful. Sure you pick up a ton of junk, but your chances of picking up something great are much better than Destiny's.

I'm really sad that Destiny was hyped this much, to provide so little. And with all these DLC areas being discovered, I'm even more disappointed. But who is to blame? Is it Bungie or Activision for making the cuts?
Activision is at fault. I can't believe time after time I still fall for it. The last Activision product I bought was Modern Warfare 2 - I loved COD4. The CEO himself said he highly approves of DLC. They pump a good amount of money into their IPs, but you can bet if you want to play one of their games long-term, you'll be paying a lot more than just $60.
Undying Dreams (10-17-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Goodbye.

lvl 30
Old 10-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Congrats.
I need to play again. Missed the last weekly.
alien iso ftw

Quick Reply: 360, XO, PS3, PS4: Destiny