01Cls v Civic SI modded

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
01Cls v Civic SI modded

Exiting the Winn Dixie parking lot I noted a silver SI in front of me with fart can blaring annoyingly.... Young brother behind the wheel and no disrespect but brothers seldom turn down a challenge. He entered 44th which is a nice 4 lane straightaway and as soon as I got on the road right behind I heard the fart can fire up at full blast so I nailed it and got the right passing gear for a change. I passed him easily and looked at him condescedingly as I cut in his lane quickly. Kept it nailed and good thing I did because that easy pull away slowed considerably once I neared triple digits.

Approaching the light there was already a pickup in the left lane so what was the sense doing it all over again. He downshifted behind me and wanted more but street racing is dangerous enough even if the road ahead is empty..

I know the newer SI's have the RSX motor and I always wanted to race one. He had a fart can on but most likely little else. Very nice top ends on them which my auto Cls does not have even with the headers....
Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 AM
shifting at 7k

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
What year was this Si? I raced a 2012 today from a stop light. I was depressing my clutch rolling back and forth at the light, which is just a habit for me, so I guess he took that as I wanted to race. He punched it off the line, so did I but my car wheel hopped like a bitch due to wet roads. He pulled on me for the first 5 seconds but I caught up to him quick redlining from 2nd to 3rd and then in 3rd I just blew him off.

I got a stock CLS6, I'm guessing his was stock too. Can't see why someone would void the warranty on a new car. But yeah, they're quick off the dig since they're only like 2200 lbs, but even with a poor launch I ran him. So I guess that settles it lol, we can take them easy.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by azeezp13
What year was this Si? I raced a 2012 today from a stop light. I was depressing my clutch rolling back and forth at the light, which is just a habit for me, so I guess he took that as I wanted to race. He punched it off the line, so did I but my car wheel hopped like a bitch due to wet roads. He pulled on me for the first 5 seconds but I caught up to him quick redlining from 2nd to 3rd and then in 3rd I just blew him off.

I got a stock CLS6, I'm guessing his was stock too. Can't see why someone would void the warranty on a new car. But yeah, they're quick off the dig since they're only like 2200 lbs, but even with a poor launch I ran him. So I guess that settles it lol, we can take them easy.

I believe the 12's have the TSX 4 which has a lot more torque than the previous models that had the RSX motor. The guy I erased had an 09 or so.

I would love to have a 6 speed but in South Florida with all the traffic, it does not make sense. You have to be at the right speed to even get a downshift with the auto's.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by azeezp13

If you are stock the first thing you should do is pull the intake resonator and install a K&N drop in air filter. It's good for 5-10 hp and the sound coming out of the intake never gets old......