Took my car to Showtime Speedway FL 1/8th mile track

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
Took my car to Showtime Speedway FL 1/8th mile track

Everytime i go to that crappy redneck track I break something on my car. Also, I get BETTER TRACTION on the street than I do there. I know im running street tires, but there was so much sand on that track and they never clean it. Lets just say my car spun through 1st, 2nd, and beginning of 3rd. I had a better chance on a wet road. After the first horrible run I said to myself why even bother running again if all my car does is spin? I ran it one more time trying the outside lane this time...even worse!! Spun all the way through 1st, let off then still was spinning, grannied it to 2nd hoping to hook up but spun all the way through 2nd then started wheel hopping in 3rd when finally my driver side CV-joint exploded. I barely made it home that night. I am never going there again..the last time I ran there in my 99 TL I broke ALL 3 MOTOR MOUNTS!! Its worth the 1 hr 15 min drive to Bradenton 1/4 mile track. That track is A LOT nicer! Ok, so now does anyone know THE BEST CV JOINTS to buy?? Something that can handle a lot of torque..
Old 11-23-2012, 11:56 AM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndgentl
Everytime i go to that crappy redneck track I break something on my car. Also, I get BETTER TRACTION on the street than I do there. I know im running street tires, but there was so much sand on that track and they never clean it. Lets just say my car spun through 1st, 2nd, and beginning of 3rd. I had a better chance on a wet road. After the first horrible run I said to myself why even bother running again if all my car does is spin? I ran it one more time trying the outside lane this time...even worse!! Spun all the way through 1st, let off then still was spinning, grannied it to 2nd hoping to hook up but spun all the way through 2nd then started wheel hopping in 3rd when finally my driver side CV-joint exploded. I barely made it home that night. I am never going there again..the last time I ran there in my 99 TL I broke ALL 3 MOTOR MOUNTS!! Its worth the 1 hr 15 min drive to Bradenton 1/4 mile track. That track is A LOT nicer! Ok, so now does anyone know THE BEST CV JOINTS to buy?? Something that can handle a lot of torque..
DSS axles. but I think the lowest priced custom set is over 800.
What tires are you running ? I had good results going to nt05 street tires.
I got about about 12-13 short burnouts and 1/8 passes and the tires still look great.
The rubber build up on my fenders look great too