Cameras & Photography Because there aren't already enough ways to share photos...

I Need Software - Anyone Use Affinity Photo?

Old 06-23-2016, 10:58 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
I Need Software - Anyone Use Affinity Photo?

I feel like I'm in need of some software for RAW processing now that I can take more than JPEGs on my iPhone. I used the trial of Affinity Photo (didn't have much to use with it when I downloaded it, stupid me) and still have the extensions for OS X Photos (which all works OK together), but there just is something I don't like about not being able to use their Haze Removal and Develop on a RAW image (using either produces a JPEG but I guess it can be solved by doing the Develop processing first). I have Photoshop CS 6 with ACR, but since it's older I'd like to move into something that has been released/updated more recently. Obviously Adobe CC should be in my consideration, but I don't really like it being subscription-based (or I go for the box version of Lightroom) when Affinity is a $50 one-time purchase and seems like it has been making strides since it was released. But it's still very young so I'm a little skeptical on how well it does versus the more mature solutions. I understand it also doesn't do cataloging like Lightroom, but I have years of photos organized in OS X photos anyway, so I had been exporting originals when editing in other programs. Anyone use it and have some feedback?

Last edited by MaxMike93; 06-23-2016 at 11:04 PM.