price E7,000 higher than the equivalent Boxster version, and probably
only marginally higher costs, [the Cayman] should generate a very solid
margin,” said Deutsche Bank analysts in an equities research note
in September. Most of the Cayman S models will be built at
Valmet Automotive’s assembly plant in Uusikaupunki, Finland,
where the Boxster also is made. PricewaterhouseCoopers’
AUTOFACTS forecasts that Valmet will assemble a combined
30,000 Boxster and Cayman S models in 2006, equivalent to
about 30 percent of Porsche’s total annual volume.
– Alex Graham

----------------

GARAGE DOOR OPENER:
JOHNSON CONTROLS

ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL:
BOSCH

GAS SPRING FOR HOOD:
STABILUS

BODY COMPUTER:
DELPHI

COOLANT EXPANSION TANK:
GEIGER TECHNIK

WINDSHIELD:
SAINT-GOBAIN
SEKURIT

100% BATTERY:
MOLL

ALUMINUM FUEL FILLER PIPES:
HYDRO ALUMINIUM

COMPLETE EXHAUST SYSTEM:
TENNECO

SIDESHAFTS:
GKN DRIVELINE

COMPLETE WIRING HARNESS:
LEONI

TIRES:
BRIDGESTONE

OIL FILTERS:
MAHLE

CENTRAL DATA GATEWAY:
CONTINENTAL TEMIC

SMART DRIVER AIRBAGS, STEERING WHEEL:
AUTOLIV

FUEL LINES:
COOPERSTANDARD

5-SPEED A/T:
ZF FRIEDRICHSHAFEN

WINDOW REGULATORS WITH ANTI-TRAP TECHNOLOGY:
KÜSTER

VALVE STEM SEALS:
SKF

FRONT AND REAR AXLE ASSEMBLIES:
THYSSENKRUPP

COOLANT AND HEATER HOSES:
CONTITECH

FRONT AND REAR BUMPER SYSTEM:
DECOMA

6-SPEED MT:
GETRAG

HEAT SHIELDS:
RIETER

DOOR GLASS:
SAINT-GOBAIN SEKURIT

DRUM-IN-HAT PARK BRAKE LINING:
HONEYWELL FRICTION
MATERIALS

M/T FLUID:
CASTROL

CONTINUOUSLY ADJUSTABLE SHOCK ABSORBERS:
THYSSENKRUPP BILSTEIN

TRUNK ORGANIZER:
POLYTEC

INTERIOR SOUND
INSULATION:
STANKIEWICZ ACCELERATOR

PEDAL MODULE:
HELLA

BRAKE BOOSTER LINES:
COOPER-STANDARD

PARK ASSIST:
BOSCH

CYLINDER HEAD GASKETS:
ELRINGKLINGER

AUTO-DIMMING INTERIOR MIRROR:
MAGNA DONNELLY

TORQUE CONVERTER
CLUTCH DISC:

BORGWARNER
VALVE SEATS:
FEDERAL-MOGUL

DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL:
LUK

CHASSIS JOUNCE BUMPERS:
BASF ELASTOGRAN
CELLASTO

DOOR PANELS:
PEGUFORM

SEATING:
LEAR

INSTRUMEN PANEL:
PEGUFORM

NAVIGATION SYSTEM:
HARMAN/BECKER

HVAC SYSTEM:
VALEO

CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER:
FTE AUTOMOTIVE
Old 01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
“With a sticker
price E7,000 higher than the equivalent Boxster version, and probably
only marginally higher costs, [the Cayman] should generate a very solid
margin,” said Deutsche Bank analysts
Translation: Anyone buying the Cayman is making us rich quickly
Old 01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I got a very nice PDF that has a nice graphic of all of the above info. Who can I email it to to host?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,630 Likes on 13,881 Posts
2006 Porsche Boxster S with SportDesign Package

From Porsche press release...

Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, is now offering a SportDesign package for the Boxster and Boxster S roadster models. This new individualization option comprises spoiler lips for mounting on the standard front trim, an automatically extending, redesigned rear spoiler, and a modified rear trim with an integrated diffuser.

In addition to providing a particularly striking and sporty appearance, the new SportDesign package improves aerodynamics. The lifting forces on the front and rear axles are reduced without air resistance being increased, which further supports the vehicle’s finely-tuned, roadster-specific balance. The shape of the rear trim with the integrated diffuser evokes a conscious association with the Carrera GT high-performance sports car. The automatically extending rear spoiler, which has been designed according to the divided wing principle, contributes further to this association. All of the SportDesign package’s attractive components are painted in the vehicle’s exterior color, and blend in harmoniously with the Boxster’s dynamic visuals.

Porsche is offering the SportDesign package worldwide. In Germany, it can be ordered from Porsche Exclusive for 4,060 Euros (incl. sales tax) on purchase of a new vehicle. For retrofitting, it is available from Porsche Tequipment for 3,422 Euros (incl. sales tax) plus labor.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 03-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I love now refine the new boxster looks!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it...minus the wheels. If I were to be forced to have factory option wheels, I'd take the 19" 997S wheels.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Cayman on the Cheap - - Porsche unleashes first sub-$50K coupe in years - - Source: AutoWeek | Published 05/22/06, 10:36 am et

Porsche promised it wouldn’t happen—that the nearly $60,000 Cayman S was as low as the German sports car maker would go in making a Boxster-based coupe.

But we’ve never bought that tale, reporting as early as March 2005 that Porsche was planning a less expensive, lower-powered non-S version of the Cayman. Porsche is now proving our suspicions were correct with the announcement of a “more accessible” base Cayman, with a starting price of just under $50,000 (without freight charges).

The non-S Cayman is powered by a 2.7-liter, 245-hp, 201-lb-ft, flat six-cylinder engine. The standard transmission is a five-speed manual; optional gearboxes are a five-speed Tiptronic automatic and a six-speed manual (packaged with Porsche Active Suspension Management).

The 2007 Cayman goes on sale July 29, starting at $50,195 (including $795 freight). But here’s a thought: Porsche protestations to the contrary, we can only assume a turbocharged Cayman is just around the next corner.

OFFICIAL RELEASE FROM PORSCHE
NEW ENTRY-LEVEL PORSCHE® CAYMAN™ TO MAKE SUMMER DEBUT

Same outstanding handling as Cayman S sibling at a sub-$50K sticker

ATLANTA, May 22, 2006 – On the heels of the January’s much anticipated and highly successful launch of the new Cayman S, Porsche has announced an entry level Cayman geared to those who delight in the supreme handling dynamics which earned the Cayman S the 2006 World Performance Car title. Based on the award-winning Boxster, the new version of the mid-engined sports coupe is a more accessible version of the Cayman S, with a base price under $50,000 (under $70,000 in Canada). The Cayman brings legendary Porsche-coupe capabilities—with the same voluptuous styling of the Cayman S—to a new and lower price point.

“2006 has already shown a string of record sales months, especially for our 911 series,” said Peter Schwarzenbauer, President and CEO of Porsche Cars North America. “With the exceptionally strong response we’ve had to the Cayman S, which has sold more than 3000 units in just over three months, the addition of this aggressively priced new Cayman model will bring our mid-engined range to similar record sales levels, further bolstering our core sports-car lineup.”

The new Porsche Cayman is powered by a 2.7-liter six-cylinder Boxer engine producing 245 horsepower. Thanks to the Porsche VarioCam® Plus system, the Cayman provides a broad spread of usable power, with a plateau of torque peaking at 201 foot-pounds between 4,600 and 6,000 revs. With a manual transmission, the responsive engine is capable of propelling the new Cayman from a standstill to 62 mph (100 km/h) in only 6.1 seconds. The performance carries through to a top test-track speed of 160 mph (258 km/h). Proof that outstanding performance statistics do not necessarily mean high fuel consumption, the Cayman is rated at an impressive 23/32 mpg city/highway.

Power is routed from the Cayman’s flexible powerplant via a standard five-speed manual transmission with short, precise shift throws. Porsche will also offer the well-known Tiptronic® S five-speed automatic transmission. The Tiptronic S provides rocker switches for shifting in the steering-wheel spokes, for those who seek a more engaging driving experience.

As a third transmission variant, a six-speed manual transmission, available in conjunction with the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM®) system, is optional. The PASM system automatically adapts the shock-absorber system to the particular driving situation, and allows the driver to choose between “Normal” and “Sport” programs by pressing a button on the center console.

The Cayman rides on 17-inch light-alloy wheels boasting a unique, double-spoke design. Front tires are 205/55-17’s fitted on 6.5-inch wide rims; the combination at the rear is 235/50-17 tires on 8-inch-wide rims. With the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) system fitted as standard equipment, the taut chassis makes an responsive and involving partner in terms of driving dynamics and active safety.

Other special features of the Cayman are black brake calipers, black front-spoiler lips, a titanium-colored logo on the rear deck and a trapezoidal tailpipe. The impressive interior boasts a comprehensive range of standard features including air-conditioning, radio/CD player, seats covered in luxurious Alcantara leather, black-faced instrument dials, and door-entry trim embossed with the Cayman logo. Because of the mid-engine concept, the Cayman boasts two trunks, with a combined volume of 14.5 cubic feet (410 liters), highlighting the sport coupe’s supreme practicality.

In additional to the two full-size occupant airbags, the Cayman is also fitted as standard equipment with the ingenious Porsche Side Impact Protection System (POSIP), which features both a chest and head airbag on each side of the vehicle, providing impressive protection in the event of a side collision.

The Porsche Cayman goes on sale in North America July 29, 2006. Pricing for the new model in the U.S. and Canada is $49,400 (USD) and $69,600 (CAD).
Old 05-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

So around 5.8 for the 60 and 14.0 for the 1/4. Way underpowered for the money, but once again, the Porsche-fans would say "we dont buy these cars for their straight line performance". Same old from Porsche. However 32mpg is possible due to the small engine and small weight I am guessing. Impressive mileage.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
The S should have been priced in the low $50's, not the base Cayman

In terms of value, the Z4M blows this away.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm...32mpg in a sportscar...might be worth a look in a couple years when I can afford to have such an impractical 2-seater.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Hmm...32mpg in a sportscar...might be worth a look in a couple years when I can afford to have such an impractical 2-seater.
Despite the EPA rating, my friend got 33mpg in a real world road trip from Chicago to CT in his C5 FRC
Old 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Gav, people don't buy a porsche for only straight line performance

I can't see why anyone would buy a cayman for $50K unless they are a poseur that just buying it for a badge...

Alot better bang for the buck w/ other new cars out there... If it was priced closer to $40K, it might do ok, but I don't think they are going to sell alot of 'em
Old 05-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonster

I can't see why anyone would buy a cayman for $50K unless they are a poseur that just buying it for a badge...

Alot better bang for the buck w/ other new cars out there... If it was priced closer to $40K, it might do ok, but I don't think they are going to sell alot of 'em
Probably for the same reason people buy the Boxster...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
I don't see why people hate on the Boxster so much... It's a solid base offering from Porsche that doesn't cut a lot of corners, and competes very well with other cars in that segment.
I'd take a Boxster S over the new SLK 350 or a Z4 any day.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gavriil
So around 5.8 for the 60 and 14.0 for the 1/4. Way underpowered for the money, but once again, the Porsche-fans would say "we dont buy these cars for their straight line performance". Same old from Porsche. ..
That would be good aout ten years ago. By today's standards that is seriously underpowered for a performance car. I can't really see how anyone would justify the purchase of this car over something like an S2000 which is its equal in every major measure of performance and refinement.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Greenie ... they have to price their cars to make a "profit", you know. And besides, Patrick Stewart charges a lot to voice over their commercials. They've done their research ... there are a lot of cheap bastards out there with a mid-life crisis and "need" that Porsche.

Again ... I am truly disgusted at how Porsche can sell the exact same car in Canada way over the US exchange rate. US$50,000 = C$55,000 at current exchange rate ... ~C$70,000 for a base Cayman?! I would buy a used US Cayman, bring in it and pay a wad load of taxes and I bet I would still be ahead!)
Old 05-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as much as i like the cayman, i just wouldn't do it....$50k for a sports car witha 2.7L 245hp and 210 tq = noway
Old 05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by derrick

Again ... I am truly disgusted at how Porsche can sell the exact same car in Canada way over the US exchange rate. US$50,000 = C$55,000 at current exchange rate ... ~C$70,000 for a base Cayman?! I would buy a used US Cayman, bring in it and pay a wad load of taxes and I bet I would still be ahead!)

Honda does pretty much the same thing with the S2000.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Right. That's what I wrote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by derrick
Hey Greenie ... they have to price their cars to make a "profit", you know. And besides, Patrick Stewart charges a lot to voice over their commercials. They've done their research ... there are a lot of cheap bastards out there with a mid-life crisis and "need" that Porsche.

You should hear how much these Porsche cars cost in some countries in Europe
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Boxsters pack a more powerful punch - - Source: Autocar Mag

Porsche has boosted the Boxster and Boxster S, with more power and more torque, and a tweaked Tiptronic S auto transmission.

The entry-level 2.7-litre engine now develops an additional 5bhp, bringing max power to 242bhp. Torque is also up (from 199 to 201lb ft), but fuel consumption now 1mpg better, at 30.4mpg average.

The Boxster S engine has been increased from 3.2 to 3.4 litres, and now develops 291bhp 15 bhp more than its predecessor – and 251lb ft of torque (up 3lb ft), taking a tenth of a second off the 0-62mph time, and top speed up to 169mph.

The power and torque increases are largely thanks to the introduction of VarioCam Plus valve control, with variable valve timing and changeover valve lift.

The revised optional Tiptronic S transmission has new hydraulics and electronics, plus variable shift programs, making for swifter changes, especially in conjunction with the Sport Chrono Package.

Other changes to the Boxster range include the improved access to the coolant and engine oil filler caps, making the rear boot more practical, and the option of new 19-inch forged alloy two-tone wheels that were developed for the new 911 Turbo.

The upgraded roadsters are available from August.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Moderator Alumnus

This article comes from a UK mag, hence the slight variations in HP claims.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gavriil
This article comes from a UK mag, hence the slight variations in HP claims.
Never would have guessed that with this reference:

...making the rear boot more practical...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

So now I am wondering if there will be a Cayman Turbo!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Moderator Alumnus

2008 Porsche Boxster Spy Shots - - by Hans Lehmann/Hidden Image (2007-01-29) - - Source: The Car Connection

Pictures of the facelifted version Porsche Boxster have surfaced. These photos were taken during winter testing in northern Scandinavia, and on the road nearStuttgart.

The revamped Boxster should emerge in 2008, since the latest version arrived in 2004. The car will get a new front bumper with LED daytime driving lights as well as redesigned, and much rounder, air intakes. The headlamps are disguised in these photos, so our guess is that they too will get a new shape.

In the back, a new rear bumper and completely new LED taillights are found. Technical improvements are unknown, as are any changes to the Boxster's interior.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Post Porsche Realeases Factory Aerokit for Cayman

From Fast-Autos.net...

Stuttgart. Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, has begun to supply Aerokits for its Cayman und Cayman S sports cars. This new customizing equipment consists of add-on spoiler lips for the standard front-end apron panel and a new, fixed rear spoiler.

Designed by engineers at the Porsche Development Center in Weissach, the Aerokit gives the Cayman even more 'bite' and even sportier, more dynamic looks. The front spoiler lips emphasize the visual power of the big air inlets in the front apron. The new, fixed rear wing creates a strong visual accent even when the car is standing still. Along with the car's appearance, its aerodynamics have also been upgraded. The Aerokit's components, optimized in Porsche's wind tunnel, reduce lift at the front and rear axles, making the car even more stable at high speeds. The aerodynamic components have been carefully matched and must therefore only be installed as a complete set. All the items in the Aerokit are supplied in the car's body color and harmonize well with the Cayman's dynamic styling.

Porsche supplies this Aerokit on all international markets. In Germany, it can be ordered via Porsche Exclusive for 3,500 Euros (excluding value-added tax) for installation on a new car. For later customization, it will be available starting in March 2007 from Porsche Tequipment for 2,950 Euros excluding VAT, installation and spraying.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Race Director

I love Porsche's it's just that I'll never have money to ever buy one though
Old 02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone that poo poos the base Cayman probably has not driven a non-S Boxster on a track. The Cayman S is a GREAT track car and agreed it would be nice if their was a GT version with 350-380 HP but the reality is the non-S Cayman is more car than 95% of people here could exploit on the track. Certainly there are some "posers" that will buy the car but how many people actaully have exploited all the potential of the Acuras here. Plus, it isn't just Porsche people that point out straight line is not everything, it is tossed around but the NSX apologists in most every NSX discussion, I personally think they have a very good point, but this falls on deaf ears when most "enthusiasts" idea of a track day is a empty stretch of road between two red lights or a 60 mph hammer drop on the highway.

Bottom line I have never heard anything but praise for the Boxster and Cayman from people who have driven them in their environment...the road course.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Post 2007 Porsche Cayman S

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Porsche press release...

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE: 2007 PORSCHE® CAYMAN™ S

Larger engine, bigger brakes and more boost dynamic capabilities

To take full advantage of its more rigid body structure and its expanded dynamic potential, the 2007 Porsche Cayman S is equipped with a large and powerful 3.4-liter, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine. By unleashing this 295-horsepower engine in a lightweight but extremely stiff chassis built on nimble suspension, the 2007 Porsche Cayman S establishes a new benchmark in the two-seat sports coupe category.

New for 2007 is a revised an updated Tiptronic® S automatic transmission, a standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and optional new 19-inch wheels with the same design as the 2007 911® Turbo.

The Cayman S sprints from a standing start to 60 miles per hour (96 km/h) in just 5.1 seconds, gets to 124 mph (200 km/h) in 18.6 seconds and can eclipse the quarter-mile sprint in 13.6 seconds and achieves a top speed on the test track of nearly 171 mph (275 km/h).

Indeed, during testing at Germany’s famed Nürburgring racing circuit, the Cayman S turned laps that rivaled even the acclaimed Porsche 911® Carrera®, the epitome of the modern sports car.

The 2007 Porsche Cayman S is the higher-performance version of Porsche’s Boxster-based sports coupe, and like all Porsche “S” models, the changes are not some mere cosmetic package but changes significant enough to warrant a separate model designation.

With its combination of a powerful drivetrain, exceptionally well-balanced dynamic dexterity and the quality of braking that characterizes every Porsche vehicle, the performance by the Cayman S on Germany’s most demanding closed circuit resulted in lap times that not only challenged the 911, but at the same time were considerably faster than its rivals in the two-seater coupe category.

But the 2007 Porsche Cayman S isn’t just fast and quick around the road course. Thanks to careful engineering to optimize weight and to a design that provides outstanding aerodynamics, this Porsche coupe established standards on the Nürburgring’s famous Northern Circuit for efficiency by turning the fastest lap while using the least amount of fuel.

And yet the 2007 Porsche Cayman S is more than a high-performance sports car. It was designed to be comfortable with a particularly well-appointed passenger compartment designed for long-distance driving -- whether on two-lane mountain roads, wide-open stretches of Interstate highway or even the congestion of urban freeways.

While the Cayman S chassis and suspension are based on the Boxster’s, the coupe is slightly larger and gains rigidity from its fixed-roof architecture. This stiffer structure allows Porsche engineers to optimize the coupe’s suspension for exceptional dynamic capabilities. Compared to Porsche’s own outstanding roadster, the body of the Cayman S offers 100 percent more resistance to flex and its torsional stiffness nearly matches that of the heralded Porsche 911 Carrera.

The 2007 Porsche Cayman S features the latest generation of Porsche Stability Management (PSM), a unique vehicle control technology that comprises anti-lock braking, anti-slip (traction) control, engine drag control and automatic brake differential functions to intervene when necessary in driving situations that approach the limits of adhesion. In such instances, PSM can apply the brakes to individual wheels to help maintain the car’s stability.

However, unlike intrusive vehicle control systems available from other automakers, PSM is designed not to interfere with sporty performance but to enhance the experience for the enthusiast driver.
For drivers who want to experience the ultimate expression of vehicle dynamics, the 2007 Porsche Cayman S can be equipped with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and the Sports Chrono Package.

PASM, in effect, provides two suspension setups in a single vehicle – one for comfortable cruising and everyday driving and the other for track-day or autocross exercises.

The Sports Chrono Package does not only include a dash-mounted stopwatch gauge that records lap times on track days or in autocross events, but it enhances the vehicle’s performance in such an environment by allowing the driver to engage more aggressive electronic control maps for the Motronic engine management system, Porsche Stability Management (PSM), Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and Tiptronic S transmission (on vehicles equipped with these options).
In Porsche’s testing at the Nurburgring, a Cayman S equipped with the Sports Chrono Package was some three seconds per lap faster around the test track.

To deal with such dynamic forces, the Cayman S uses the same braking system components as the 911 Carrera, and rides on standard 18-inch wheels and tires, with four 19-inch wheel designs as optional equipment.

To try to classify the Cayman S as merely the coupe version of the Boxster does disservice to both vehicles, each of which is unique with its own special characteristics. The 2007 Cayman S presents a new face for Porsche with a more pronounced lower lip and with the fog lamps mounted on bars that extend across the air intakes – with their unique vertical slats -- on either side of that lap. The hood sweeps up between the front fenders to a steeply raked windshield.

Overall, the 2007 Porsche Cayman S body is 172.1 inches (4372 mm) long, which makes it not quite half an inch longer than the Boxster and 3.5 inches (88.9 mm) shorter than the 911 Carrera. The Cayman S also is half-an-inch taller (at 51.4 inches or 1305 mm) than the Boxster, though the cars share their width (70.9 inches or 1801 mm) and their 95.1-incn (2415 mm) wheelbase dimensions.
The interior of the 2007 Porsche Cayman S combines luxury-class materials with the controls and seat bolstering required by the enthusiast driver and thus provides a fitting environment whether traveling across the country or around a racetrack.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga, and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne® sport utility vehicles for the United States and Canada. A wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, PCNA employs approximately 250 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 214 U.S. and Canadian dealers. They, in turn, provide Porsche owners with best-in-class service.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

I really like that car...
Old 04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by aesir11
I really like that car...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1 announced...

I think it's a stupid question, but WYHI...?

From Top Gear...

ock 'n' roll, vegetarianism, fly fishing... you name it, at some point it'll have been declared the new black.

But Porsche obviously reckons it's time for black to be the new black, because there's a pronounced noirish theme to its special edition Cayman S Porsche Design Edition 1.

For starters, every one of the 777 Edition 1 Caymans will be painted black. Black, black, black.

Porsche hasn't bothered to mention why it needs a special edition of its junior super-coupe, but we're guessing there was a job lot of black paint left over from an international Goth convention that was going cheap.

On the inside, there's a ream of black leather and Alcantara trim - also in black. The centre console, fascia console and door trims are black too, as is the inside of the glovebox when the light's off.

Presumably thanks to some glaring oversight, the 19-inch, Turbo-esque alloys aren't in black, but that's nothing that a marker pen can't sort.

And, just in case you weren't feeling monochrome enough, the individually numbered Edition 1 even comes with a briefcase, pocket knife, sunglasses, pen, key ring and watch by Porsche Design. Yes, they're all black.

At £49,890, the Edition 1 weighs in about three grand more than the standard Cayman S, meaning you'll have a nice big black hole in your wallet to complement your Porsche Noir.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

More pics...

Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Porsche Announces New Limited Edition Boxster

Press release...

Porsche’s all-new orange 2008 Limited Edition Boxster and Boxster S will soon be stirring excitement around the country with a stylish design and competitive pricing starting at $49,900 USD and $59,900 USD, respectively. With the first Limited Edition being displayed at a special sneak preview at the NY Auto this past spring where it received a rave reception, the 500 eagerly anticipated Orange Boxster and Boxster S models will go on sale in dealerships on September 28, 2007 throughout the U.S.

Clad in striking orange paint, a color previously featured only with the track ready Porsche 911 GT3 RS, the Limited Edition Boxster is as well-built as it is eye-catching and even includes a special “Limited Edition” plaque in the glove compartment. It touts a sport exhaust system and safety bars, designed to help protect occupants, are dressed in orange paint. And the SportDesign package that includes spoiler lips in the front, an automatically extending and redesigned rear spoiler, and modified rear trim with integrated diffuser provides a more stunning and sporty appearance.

Complementing the orange paint are several eye-catching elements in black including black painted alloy wheels—with large 18 inch standard on the Boxster and 19-inch standard on the Boxster S—striking black exterior side mirrors, black front and side air inlets, all of which tastefully compliment the car’s model designation in black on the rear deck and a black convertible top. Black carries over to the seats, carpet, dash, door panels and other surrounding soft surfaces. Adding to the performance theme is the use of Alcantara trim, a suede-like material used on performance Porsches like the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 RS. Alcantara is pleasant to touch, but it also helps occupants stay planted in the interior during sporty driving. Alcantara trim is used on seat inserts, the three-spoke steering wheel from the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 RS, and handbrake lever on vehicles with manual transmission.

To further tie the interior and exterior, Porsche designers added touches of bright orange to interior trim pieces such as the door lever surrounds and the trim panel that covers the dash-mounted cup holders. Even the shift pattern on the gear shift lever is orange.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Press release...

Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany, is to expand its mid-engine coupé model range with the launch, in November 2007, of the Cayman S “Porsche Design Edition 1”, a limited-edition special series. Porsche has incorporated various design disciplines into this very special mid-engine coupé: the black exterior emphasizes the purist nature of the 295-bhp sports car and, at the same time, is a nod to Porsche Design and the famous Chronograph 1s designed by Ferdinand Alexander Porsche precisely 35 years previously.

This look, cultivated by Porsche Design, imparts additional luxury and class on the Cayman S: the black leather and Alcantara upholstery harmonizes with refined details such as the instrument dials, the layout of which reflects that of all Porsche Design chronographs. Even the center console, dashboard, and door trims glisten in black, while the three-spoke sports steering wheel, the gear lever, the handbrake grip, and the roof lining are clothed in non-slip black Alcantara. The Porsche logo (crest) is embossed on the headrests.

The vehicle’s technical features are equally sophisticated: beneath the ten-millimeter-lower body, standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) actively controls the hardness of the shock absorbers and it features a special Sport mode that can be activated at the touch of a button for a really dynamic driving feel. Five-millimeter spacers together with 19-inch turbo wheels give the Cayman S “Porsche Design Edition 1” a presence that is reinforced yet further by the 235/35 ZR 19 tires at the front axle and the 265/35 ZR 19 tires at the rear.

The Porsche Design Studio, created by Ferdinand Alexander Porsche 35 years ago, has rapidly become a top international name for industrial design, luxury items, and consumer goods. Top-class functionality and esthetics glisten in the new “Porsche Design Edition 1” collection – in black or black matt, of course.

The Cayman S “Porsche Design Edition 1” standard equipment thus includes an elegant briefcase containing the Flat Six Chronograph, a pocket knife, a pair of sunglasses, a pen, and a key ring – all in black, even the knife blade, in keeping with the vehicle’s styling. The number of Cayman S “Porsche Design Edition 1” units is to be as exclusive as this series-production luxury package: only 777 are being built, and each will be identifiable from a badge on the lid of the glove box.

The market launch of this black Cayman with exclusive Porsche Design equipment, including briefcase, will begin in Germany in November 2007 and in the United States in January 2008. The base price is 58,600 Euros and, factoring in 19 percent value-added tax, the price in Germany will be 69,942 Euros.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 PM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Daddy Like.....ALOT!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Hawt!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Alcantara suede like in the GT2 = sex

Search this Thread