Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 12:18 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
only 1000 mile on speedo and already 15k discount on asking price. fully certified. Your competing against the money losing V8 business without SUV to support it like Lexus LX/GX/Land Cruiser.

Certified: 2015 Hyundai Equus 4D Sedan Signature
Certified: 2015 Hyundai Equus 4D Sedan Signature - $48999 (For sale at San Jose on Jun 28)
Only 4,872 miles and already $15K discount on asking price. Fully certified.

So much for "Best in class resale value"

--> 2015 Acura RLX Technology 4D Sedan

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-avnabmh.jpg
Old 07-04-2015, 01:31 AM
2G TLX-S

Received 1,133 Likes on 813 Posts
^^^^^

In addition, just last year when the RLX production line was still running, but the RLX sales tanked; unsold RLX sedans were jam packing dealership lots.

Acura dealerships had been offering up to $10K discount/incentive as a desperate measure to move all these dust-covered FWD RLX out of their storage yards, and these are brand new (0 mileage) vehicles.

So much for the RLX resale value even at 0 mileage.

Now, the FWD RLX are manufactured in stop-and-go batches to prevent excessive inventory that few customers want to purchase.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
Only 4,872 miles and already $15K discount on asking price. Fully certified.

So much for "Best in class resale value"

--> 2015 Acura RLX Technology 4D Sedan

You do realize RLX was introduced when Yen to dollar was at 78 now its 125. so there were big discounts on price. the car has 5000 miles.

now Hyundai at 10k miles have $30k depreciation as its ultimate version. the point is for ever 10k miles. Equus is depreciating $20k.
2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate we text - 650.445.0890 (21)
2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate we text - 650.445.0890 (21) - $40800 (haight ashbury)
I highly doubt you can find 10k miles RLX Advance package for $40k. even Advance package is priced bit lower than Equus Ultimate when new.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:36 AM
_

I highly doubt you can find 10k miles RLX Advance package for $40k. even Advance package is priced bit lower than Equus Ultimate when new.
Name:  dTlnceQ.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  6.1 KB

Actually, I can do better than that.

RLX Advance with 7 miles for $35,995. MSRP is ~ $61,000. That's a 41% discount. Car is practically brand new.

RLX at 7 miles have $25k depreciation. the point is for only 7 miles! RLX is depreciating $25k. That's a depreciation of $3,571 per mile.

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-c6xitl0.jpg

How about this one? 2014 RLX Advance with 3,238 miles for $41,988

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-m2vq3xg.jpg

Or this one? 2014 RLX Advance with 4,230 miles for $39,998

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-lph9i5l.jpg

Want one that's closer to your 10,000 miles? Okay, here you go. 2014 RLX Advance with 8,395 miles for $41,800

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-vctwb35.jpg

Here's another one. 2014 RLX Advance with 11,653 miles for $35,850

Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-pntyya2.jpg

Why do I keep feeding the troll?

Last edited by AZuser; 07-04-2015 at 04:39 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by AZuser:
neuronbob (07-15-2015), TacoBello (07-07-2015), ttribe (07-04-2015), YEH (07-05-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Not even sure why this is a debate. The RLX is an unmitigated failure. I've seen a couple of these things on the road and I think "why?" Most of the variants are FWD which is a deal killer in that segment and price. It has a very vanilla looking body. The new Accords look better. Acura needs to start from scratch. To Acura's credit it seems like they are on the right path. The RDX is getting better and better looking which each model refresh. The new TLX is a good looking car. The ILX is getting better. The MDX has always been decent looking and they are keeping it that way.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:21 PM
_

Originally Posted by JAB00
Not even sure why this is a debate. The RLX is an unmitigated failure. I've seen a couple of these things on the road and I think "why?" Most of the variants are FWD which is a deal killer in that segment and price. It has a very vanilla looking body. The new Accords look better. Acura needs to start from scratch.
Funny thing is troll boy has admitted as such too.

it is 2014 and even such basic things that are available in other brands are missing. There is no 3D google navigation system like Audi A4. There is no AWD system. there is no sport suspension option. No ventilated seats. TSX needed Advance package. BMW 3, Audi A4, IS, G37 all has AWD along with alot of options.

instead Acura wasted time on dead on arrival cars like ILX/RLX/ZDX (market is simply non existent for such cars). what is that nonsesne ILX hybrid. losing 10K value in months at used car lot.
4G TL is biggest failure considering car that was maintream in sales is now at the bottom despite extensive MMC and deep discounts.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JAB00
Not even sure why this is a debate. The RLX is an unmitigated failure. I've seen a couple of these things on the road and I think "why?" Most of the variants are FWD which is a deal killer in that segment and price. It has a very vanilla looking body. The new Accords look better. Acura needs to start from scratch. To Acura's credit it seems like they are on the right path. The RDX is getting better and better looking which each model refresh. The new TLX is a good looking car. The ILX is getting better. The MDX has always been decent looking and they are keeping it that way.
RLX is not disaster in sense its using same V6 and old 6speed auto from Hondas with FWD platform. and Hybrid is testing for NSX. there is nothing unique about V8/RWD in RLX.

Hyundai Equus under $18k. Hyundai Equus depreciate much bigger.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Safety Car

If Honda launch city. it will take 40k sales in month from rio/accent/forte/corolla/versa.
where ever City is launched in world its among the top in its segment. Civic can go upmarket like start at $20k.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:38 PM
2G TLX-S

If Honda launch city. it will take 40k sales in month from rio/accent/forte/corolla/versa.
where ever City is launched in world its among the top in its segment. Civic can go upmarket like start at $20k.

Why is SSFTSX changing the topic ?

Aren't we still talking about the dismay resale value of the RLX sedan ?
Old 07-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
!!!!

Actually, I can do better than that.

RLX Advance with 7 miles for $35,995. MSRP is ~ $61,000. That's a 41% discount. Car is practically brand new.

RLX at 7 miles have $25k depreciation. the point is for only 7 miles! RLX is depreciating $25k. That's a depreciation of $3,571 per mile.

WOW!!!! When you think about it though that's a great deal. A fully loaded Acura for the price of a fully loaded Honda Accord. The dealer must be paying mad interest on the car and just want it gone. If I wanted a fully loaded Accord and found this I'd probably get this instead.

I am curious what the lease deal on this would be? $100 a month?

I think it's a great deal if someone actually wants to pick it up, but it clearly shows how much Acura is struggling with the RLX.

That's still shocking it depreciated $25,000, and it basically hasn't even left the dealers lot yet.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
RLX is not disaster in sense its using same V6 and old 6speed auto from Hondas with FWD platform. and Hybrid is testing for NSX. there is nothing unique about V8/RWD in RLX.

Hyundai Equus under $18k. Hyundai Equus depreciate much bigger.
While I agree it's bad you can now get a $70,000+ car for $18,000 with only 32k on it that doesn't make the RLX a success. While Honda might have rolled over the V6 with FWD platform it doesn't necessarily mean they're making money. It takes A LOT of R&D to make a car.

However, like the RLX posted earlier that Hyundai is a great deal! 5.0L V8 for only $18k? That's a deal of a lifetime if someone wants it.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
Why is SSFTSX changing the topic ?

Aren't we still talking about the dismay resale value of the RLX sedan ?
RLX resale value is nothing different than BMW/Audi/MB. Some of these German gives you 4 year maintaince and Run flat tires with much more customization. The point is RLX is not some thing not fundamentally new than previous TL/Accord which was called Honda Inspire in Japan. Honda will not lose value on RLX project and Stock market is reflecting it.
Hyundai Equus is total loser. There is no place for Equus when you can get Tesla for similar price with rebates.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
WOW!!!! When you think about it though that's a great deal. A fully loaded Acura for the price of a fully loaded Honda Accord. The dealer must be paying mad interest on the car and just want it gone. If I wanted a fully loaded Accord and found this I'd probably get this instead.

I am curious what the lease deal on this would be? $100 a month?

I think it's a great deal if someone actually wants to pick it up, but it clearly shows how much Acura is struggling with the RLX.

That's still shocking it depreciated $25,000, and it basically hasn't even left the dealers lot yet.
The mileage must be typo. It was offered for sale in August 2013. It was registered as commercial vehicle two year later. Any car that sit in dealer lot for two years is going to depreciate. It is not some some one owner garaged parked. Check the car fax.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
While I agree it's bad you can now get a $70,000+ car for $18,000 with only 32k on it that doesn't make the RLX a success. While Honda might have rolled over the V6 with FWD platform it doesn't necessarily mean they're making money. It takes A LOT of R&D to make a car.

However, like the RLX posted earlier that Hyundai is a great deal! 5.0L V8 for only $18k? That's a deal of a lifetime if someone wants it.
You can find used Equus at TSX prices every where. infact once yo pass 50k miles on Equus it is cheaper than TSX.
Equus comes with 3 year maintaince. Valet service. It is alot more costly to sell Equus than RLX.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Safety Car

25% production cut. Why dont they export to US according to Yeh. Stock market is not stupid.
With sales down, Hyundai Motor lowers production in South Korea
The companies issued a joint statement saying the Hyundai brand lowered production at its Asan factory in South Korea by 25 percent on May 28 and 29, while Kia cut the working hours at its Chinese business unit, but without being more specific on Kia’s cutting
Profits are dropping twice as sales.

Losing Grip: Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Slips in Bloomberg Billionaires Index | BusinessKorea
In the meantime, Hyundai Motor Company sold 389,299 cars around the world last month, to show a 6.4 percent decline from a year ago. Its operating profits for the second quarter of this year are estimated at 1.871 trillion won (US$1.692 billion), 12.0 percent lower than the forecast at the beginning of this year. - See more at: Losing Grip: Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Slips in Bloomberg Billionaires Index | BusinessKorea
Old 07-05-2015, 02:01 PM
_

RLX resale value is nothing different than BMW/Audi/MB. Some of these German gives you 4 year maintaince and Run flat tires with much more customization. The point is RLX is not some thing not fundamentally new than previous TL/Accord which was called Honda Inspire in Japan. Honda will not lose value on RLX project and Stock market is reflecting it.
So now you admit the RLX is just a dressed up Accord. Why'd you deny this before?

10-25-2013:

Didn't we say the RLX was just a dressed up and overpriced Accord?
I am not sure what consumer reports are measuring it.
You cannot dress up Accord to make RLX. Accord is simply not designed for 19inch wheels. Its NVH levels are higher. material quality is low.
RLX is faster & handle better than LS460 V8. Put 19inch All season tire setup on LS460 and see how it handles.
RLX has better NVH than Equus. so i dont know how it is lesser car.
Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News-8byl4vf.jpg
Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 PM

Received 5,883 Likes on 2,899 Posts
It's just like old times in this thread...I feel like shedding a tear of joy!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

So now you admit the RLX is just a dressed up Accord. Why'd you deny this before?

10-25-2013:

it is not dressed up Accord. Dressed up means rebadging. TSX/Accord Euro.
It is upgrade of Accord.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
^ Nothing but a typical troll...

Flip-flops and changes his arguments all the time - if he loses out on the sales argument, he'll bring up price, if he loses out on that, he'll bring up reviews, if he loses out on that, he'll bring up stuff like better rearview mirrors.

25% production cut. Why dont they export to US according to Yeh. Stock market is not stupid.

Profits are dropping twice as sales.
Oh, wow - they cut production 25% at a plant in Korea for 2 days (oh, the horror!).

Geeze, not only are you a troll, but a totally clueless one that.

The profit drop is primarily due to 2 things - the Won continuing to rise against the Yen and both H/K investing in new production facilities.

Hyundai cut production of small cars - why would they be able to export them to the US (much less other markets) which have spurned cars for CUVs?

Honda is on track to sell 311,490 Accords this year; last year they sold over 388k.

And the production reduction for Honda due to the California port slowdown earlier in the year was a blessing in disguise for models like the Civic.

Conrad says those plants were running just a few days shy of full production as of last week and reportedly will return to full speed this week.

Honda can stand to lose some Civic output, as days’ supply of the car – and cars in general in the U.S. – remains higher than normal as Americans increasingly embrace CUVs and other light trucks.

WardsAuto January inventory data put U.S. days’ supply of the Civic at 117, up from 76 in December and 80 year-ago. The industry average days’ supply for cars last month was 85, up from 64 in December, but down from 94 in late January 2014.
Honda Expects to Make Up Lost Output; OK With February Sales Results | Plants & Production content from WardsAuto

Low gas prices sapped demand for the fuel-efficient compact, and sales fell 14.3 percent in January. Honda began February with a 118-day supply of Civics on dealer lots or in the pipeline — way more than the industry's 82-day average. The glut continues today: Cars.com lists some 62,000 new Civics on dealer lots, or about as much inventory as the Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus combined.

Production cuts should trim Honda's current oversupply, and if shortages occur, the automaker can make it up later this year. After all, Honda's North American factories churned out 418,315 Civics in 2014, according to Automotive News.
https://www.cars.com/articles/2015/0...d-dealer-glut/

Honda can build abut 40k more of just the Civic than Hyundai can build at its lone NA plant - which has to run 3 shifts to get to 380k/yr.

Civic and Accord sales slow, Honda can just maximize production of its CUVs.

Hyundai can't do that.

Hyundai management certainly isn't perfect - as I had stated all along, they have concentrated too much on the BRIC markets (Hyundai is building 2 more plants in China right now which is a bit risky considering the glut of production in China as a whole and should have built another NA plant dedicated to CUVs a few years ago).

Like VW and Cadillac, Hyundai has been too slow to expand its CUV lineup, much less production; the US will finally see Tucson supply increased to around 60k annually, as they got the union in Korea to agree to switch over from building small cars to more crossovers, but 60k isn't enough if sales in Korea and early first drive reviews are any indication.

Kia is in better shape as the new Mexico plant will be finished sometime next year - which should allow them to have plenty of the new Sportage and likely adding on to Soul lineup (Trail'ster variant with an e-AWD system).

And while a subcompact CUV for the US/Europe is still 1.5-2 yrs away, Kia will be adding a new CUV to its lineup relatively soon with its new dedicated hybrid.

But I'm sure Kia can't wait until Hyundai builds its 2nd US plant so that it wouldn't have to build the Santa Fe Sport for Hyundai and this increase both Sorento and Optima production.

Anyway, this is all neither here or there, as this discussion was about RLX sales or Acura luxury sedan sales vs. H/K luxury sedan sales.

There is absolutely no spinning that RLX sales have been a complete and utter disaster.

Can't use the just wait until the RLX hybrid arrives excuse as that has been possibly an even bigger flop (if such a thing is possible) with 119 in sales YTD.

We all know how you like to use the lame excuse that Honda is just limiting supply to increase exclusivity - but the RLX is on track to sell only 2,400 for the year, which would place it not only beneath the CR-Z , but less than the top selling months for the S Class last year (the S Class broke 2,800 in sales twice last year and 2,600 3 times).

Don't think Honda ever intended the RLX to be that exclusive, esp. for a sedan that starts at $51k.

And speaking of which, compared to 3-4 yrs ago - Acura has rejiggered the pricing strategy of its sedan lineup, lowering the entry price.

Instead of the TSX, TL and RL, Acura now has the ILX, TLX and RLX.

Instead of the TSX at $30.6k, it has the ILX for $27k.

Instead of the TL at $36k, it now has the TLX for $31k.

Meanwhile, Hyundai is going in the opposite direction, increasing prices - the Genesis having gone from $32k at its launch to its present starting price of $38k.

The 3G model should pass the $40k mark.

The saving grace for Acura has been its CUVs, the RDX and MDX, and as I had stated before, luxury auto brands which heavily rely on FWD-based models do much better with FWD-based CUVs than sedans as there is less of a stigma and many FWD-based lux CUVs come with AWD as standard.

But things will get tougher as competition increases.

On the compact end, Lexus and Lincoln have already jumped aboard w/ the NX and MKC and Buick will soon get the Envision and Infiniti its new small CUV.

Cadillac, Jag and Volvo will all get one within a few years.

On the mid-size front, Volvo now has the very well reviewed new XC90 and Jag will soon get the F-Pace; Cadillac and Lexus will not only be adding the tweeners (new RX and XT5) but also have plans for larger 3-row CUVs (as will BMW and Audi) and Infiniti getting a much improved JX and Lincoln the new MKX.

Last edited by YEH; 07-05-2015 at 08:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (07-07-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 08:20 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

^ And that's not even counting the 2 new CUVs that Alfa has planned and presumably 1 (probably 2) luxury CUVs for Hyundai and 1 for Kia, not to mention the new Lambdas for GMC and Buick, Jeep adding the new Grand Wagoneer, Land Rover adding to its new Discovery lineup and launching a new Defender series of SUVs.

In 5-6 years, the luxury crossover/SUV market will be a bloody one.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Safety Car

There is absolutely no spinning that RLX sales have been a complete and utter disaster.
It depend on level of investment. RLX is certainly not disaster that's why they added Honda legend in Japan. It is testing reliability technologies for NSX.

And speaking of which, compared to 3-4 yrs ago - Acura has rejiggered the pricing strategy of its sedan lineup, lowering the entry price.

Instead of the TSX, TL and RL, Acura now has the ILX, TLX and RLX.

Instead of the TSX at $30.6k, it has the ILX for $27k.

Instead of the TL at $36k, it now has the TLX for $31k
You do realize that TSX and ILX different vehicles. one comes with Double wishbone suspension and other not. same for rim/tire size and leather difference.
TLX is non leather non double wishbone 4 cylinder vehicle compared to Premium TL. TLX don't even have chrome handles like TSX.

Meanwhile, Hyundai is going in the opposite direction, increasing prices - the Genesis having gone from $32k at its launch to its present starting price of $38k.
It does not matter as it is discounted and is giving much larger and luxurios vehicle. it is not generating profits. that's bottom line. Less profits mean less money left for developing SUVs.
what happen to Equus sales? and K900. both are worst flop.

The bottom line is all your posts are mumbo jumbo of all the rest of vehicle manufacturers. It has practically nothing to do with utter failure that H/K group has become. and they will be even bigger failure with there Mexico plant.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:32 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
......and in other news......

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...m-capacity-use

Honda Motor Co.’s new CEO, Takahiro Hachigo, aims to reboot the ailing automaker by rekindling development of more exciting cars, steering clear of numerical targets and maximizing use of the company’s overseas production to soak up global overcapacity.

Speaking today in his first news conference since taking office last month, Hachigo also said Honda will be more open to alliances and joint ventures with rival carmakers in the pursuit of cost sharing and next-generation technologies.

“I plan to create a new Honda,” Hachigo told reporters at the company’s global headquarters, adding that he will not revive his predecessor’s goal of chasing annual sales to 6 million vehicles globally in the year ending March 2017. “Rather than focusing on numbers, it is important to come up with products that carry dreams and satisfy our customers,” he said. “We will focus on the development of innovative products.”

Hachigo inherits a company in recovery mode from outgoing CEO Takanobu Ito, who stepped down to be an advisor following a rash of quality problems and a derailed global sales drive to reach the 6 million units, which critics called overly ambitious.

Last month, Honda restated its earnings to notch a 19 percent drop in operating profit for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. Honda took the hit after booking bigger than expected quality costs to handle expanding recalls of Takata airbags.

A veteran product-development engineer with extensive overseas experience, Hachigo, 56, said his years spent working in regions such as North America, Europe and China gives him unique understanding of Honda’s needs in key growth markets.

“I have always been working on the front lines,” Hachigo said. “That is the significance of my becoming president.”

Marshaling those resources and making more efficient use of its overseas plants will be key to Honda’s recovery, he said.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Race Director

and

Under Ito’s initiative, Honda rapidly expanded international production capacity under a plan to create six regional assembly and product-development hubs – even as sales failed to keep up.

“As a result, on a global basis, we’ve come to hold excessive production capacity, with impact on our profitability as well,” Hachigo said. That means Honda will increasingly use production sites outside Japan as global export hubs, he said.

For example, Honda will ship the five-door Honda Civic hatchback and high performance Civic Type R from its assembly plant in England to global markets. It will also ship the CR-V crossover to new markets from its plant in Canada. Finally, instead of sourcing the European-spec Jazz compact locally, those cars will come from Japan.

“We want to make best use of these sited on a global basis,” Hachigo said. “That is the next step.”

Honda needs to better integrate its far-flung regional production footprint especially given slowing sales in Europe and Southeast Asia, some analysts said. “While Honda tried to be regional in the past, they became too regional,” said Chris Richter, an auto analyst at CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets. “There was a lack of coordination.”

Honda, the first Japanese carmaker to build vehicles in the United States, now makes 81 percent of its vehicles outside Japan. In the first five months, Honda’s exports from Japan plunged 27 percent to just 9,620 vehicles. North America alone accounts for 40 percent of its global sales.

Ito, who keeps a seat on Honda’s board, led the company through a tumultuous period marked by the financial crisis, the 2011 Japanese earthquake-tsunami, a period of profit-eroding exchange rates and extended flooding that shut down Thailand operations.

More recently, the company has been broadsided by the global recall of millions of vehicles to replace faulty Takata airbags that have been linked to six deaths. And a string of embarrassing recalls in Japan forced Ito to delay several product launches and overhaul its r&d strategy.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Race Director

also

Hachigo said the company would spend more time on r&d to develop better products more attuned to market trends. The guiding principle, he said, would be products that deploy innovative technology that has yet to be marketed.

He cited the S660 mini sports roadster, sold only in Japan, and the Honda’s commuter Jet business as examples of new spirit.

Also on tap: A new Civic small car arriving this autumn that will get a new platform and downsized turbocharged engine. Those technologies will be deployed to other nameplates, Hachigo said.

Ito’s departure came with many of his reforms just underway, and Hachigo has pledged to continue much of the strategy.

Ito’s retooling of the r&d division, for example, to slow development, add extra quality checks and reduce the onerous workload, was announced just last year. Meanwhile, the plan to delegate power and responsibility to six global hubs for local production and r&d is also still a work in progress.

Hachigo joined Honda in 1982, beginning his career in its automobile r&d unit as a chassis design engineer.

In contrast to Ito, who logged just two years overseas at Honda’s Ohio r&d center, Hachigo is a veritable globetrotter. Hachigo has served stints on three continents. And until he was called back this year to president, the veteran engineer had been working overseas since 2012, most recently in China.

Hachigo played a key role in Ito's single-biggest initiative: a still-unfinished realignment of Honda's global operations around six regional hubs, each wielding its own r&d and production power. Hachigo helped set up those regional centers as president of Honda's European r&d operation in 2012 and then as head of purchasing, production and development in China from 2013.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:24 AM
YEH
Burning Brakes

It depend on level of investment. RLX is certainly not disaster that's why they added Honda legend in Japan. It is testing reliability technologies for NSX.
No Honda exec would dare to be as delusional as you.

No matter how much the RLX shares in components with other models, it still cost at around half a billion to develop, maybe more considering the RLX hybrid (which you had been so bullish about).

Sorry, but 2,600/yr in sales (of which 238 would be for the hybrid) is not conducive to recovering costs, much less making a tidy profit.

And you really think Legend sales are much better? lol

Domestic luxury sedan sales in Japan are dominated by Lexus and Toyotas like the Crown Majesta.

For the previous 4G RL, Honda targeted 6k in annual sales for Japan and 20k annually for the US, so probably around those figures for the RLX.

The RLX is on track to do 13% of the 20k target for the US.
Even if the Legend hits the 6k target (highly doubtful, at best, probably looking at 3k and that's being generous considerig its only being sold in hybrid form and the increase in consumption tax causing a crimp in auto sales) for the JDM, the RLX would still be a flop.

You do realize that TSX and ILX different vehicles. one comes with Double wishbone suspension and other not. same for rim/tire size and leather difference.
TLX is non leather non double wishbone 4 cylinder vehicle compared to Premium TL. TLX don't even have chrome handles like TSX.
Uggh - you're even more obtuse if what you (mis)took from my previous post was me not understanding that the TSX and ILX are different models (or the TLX from either the TL or TSX).

Of course, I'm well aware that they are different.

My whole point is that Acura went cheaper in their sedan lineup (TSX > ILX and TL > TLX) and yet, sales are down.

In 2010, Acura sold 68,172 of the TSX, TL and RL.

For this year, Acura is on track to sell 63,686 of the ILX, TLX and RLX.

Not only are the ILX and TLX cheaper, back in 2010, the economy was still clawing back from the Great Recession whereas today, luxury auto sales are booming.

So despite a much better environment for luxury auto sales, Acura is selling LESS and at a lower price point.

It does not matter as it is discounted and is giving much larger and luxurios vehicle. it is not generating profits. that's bottom line. Less profits mean less money left for developing SUVs.
They are generating profits - Hyundai has a wider profit margin built in since they don't have the expense of a separate lux brand and dealer network.

what happen to Equus sales? and K900. both are worst flop.
Not as much as the RLX, and esp. when counting sales back in Asia.

The bottom line is all your posts are mumbo jumbo of all the rest of vehicle manufacturers. It has practically nothing to do with utter failure that H/K group has become. and they will be even bigger failure with there Mexico plant.
You know what they say about those who have zero ability to self-reflect...
Old 07-06-2015, 09:50 AM
_

TLX don't even have chrome handles like TSX.
Because that's what makes a vehicle premium/luxury
The following 2 users liked this post by AZuser:
04WDPSeDaN (07-07-2015), justnspace (07-06-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 01:35 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Does it mean the TLX, in current form, is falling behind the competition now ?
Yup it's falling behind the C Class, 3 series and ES.

Cclass 8,316 +48.3%
3series 6,891 -9.7%
ES 4,742 -1.4%
TLX 3,986
IS 3,821 -6.7%
Q50 3,470 +43.2%
LaCrosse 2,972 -44.3%
A4 2,863 -14.9%
MKZ 2,543 -14.9%
ATS 2,211 -6.2%
Q40 748 -46.3%
Old 07-06-2015, 04:21 PM
2G TLX-S

^^^^^

The TLX is ahead of the IS/Q50/A4 though !
Old 07-06-2015, 05:14 PM
_

^^^^^

Only if you're looking at a particular month. If you look at the bigger picture, it's still behind... though it is catching up. I wonder if new 2.0t engine for IS 200t will help with sales #s?

Last edited by AZuser; 07-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
No Honda exec would dare to be as delusional as you.

No matter how much the RLX shares in components with other models, it still cost at around half a billion to develop, maybe more considering the RLX hybrid (which you had been so bullish about).
RLX hybrid technology going into NSX. It is not some waste of resources like on V8.
Sorry, but 2,600/yr in sales (of which 238 would be for the hybrid) is not conducive to recovering costs, much less making a tidy profit.

And you really think Legend sales are much better? lol

Domestic luxury sedan sales in Japan are dominated by Lexus and Toyotas like the Crown Majesta.
You are assuming there are too much cost involved. My predications and estimations always right.
For the previous 4G RL, Honda targeted 6k in annual sales for Japan and 20k annually for the US, so probably around those figures for the RLX.
You are not looking at big picture. that's your problem. There is nothing in RLX that is not present in other Hondas.
The RLX is on track to do 13% of the 20k target for the US.
Even if the Legend hits the 6k target (highly doubtful, at best, probably looking at 3k and that's being generous considerig its only being sold in hybrid form and the increase in consumption tax causing a crimp in auto sales) for the JDM, the RLX would still be a flop.
RLX cant be flop since its R&D and tech is going to used in NSX/TLX.

Uggh - you're even more obtuse if what you (mis)took from my previous post was me not understanding that the TSX and ILX are different models (or the TLX from either the TL or TSX).

Of course, I'm well aware that they are different.

My whole point is that Acura went cheaper in their sedan lineup (TSX > ILX and TL > TLX) and yet, sales are down.
have you ever look at return on investment concept. that's why They replace two expensive TSX/TL cars with two cheap one ILX/TLX.
In 2010, Acura sold 68,172 of the TSX, TL and RL.

For this year, Acura is on track to sell 63,686 of the ILX, TLX and RLX.
It does not tell the profitability this lack of profitability will bit H/K group hard.
Not only are the ILX and TLX cheaper, back in 2010, the economy was still clawing back from the Great Recession whereas today, luxury auto sales are booming.
Only SUV sales are booming not Auto. Auto sales only booming if you distribute cars like BMW with countless variations and free 4 year maintainance.
So despite a much better environment for luxury auto sales, Acura is selling LESS and at a lower price point.
Pre-MMC 4G TL was heavily discounted. so stop writing nonsense that Acura is selling at less selling point.

They are generating profits - Hyundai has a wider profit margin built in since they don't have the expense of a separate lux brand and dealer network.
That luxury brand and expensive real estate of Acura was built during cheaper times of 1980s-90s. your clueless person. dealership profit margins is in service and selling used Acuras. Acura have better resale values so they always some thing on dealer lot even 10 year old.

2015 Best Retained Value Awards
For 2015, Toyota won in the non-luxury division with a projected 52.4 percent residual value after five years, and Acura won the luxury crown with a projected five-year residual value of 46.9 percent

Not as much as the RLX, and esp. when counting sales back in Asia.
You know what they say about those who have zero ability to self-reflect...
Your Hyundai is in deep hole. They lucky that Honda hasn't brought City sedan otherwise the sales of H/K group will become half. This H/K group is even falling apart in BRICS countries.

Hyundai Loses Traction in Fight to Lift Profit - WSJ
But analysts said the bigger picture for Hyundai—South Korea’s second-largest conglomerate, behind Samsung Electronics Co. —is bleak: Hyundai’s problem is that it has fallen behind the trend in consumer tastes, which favor crossover sport-utility vehicles. Instead, analysts said, the company remains overly dependent on sedans, which, while at the heart of its turnaround over the past decade, are seen as stodgy by many buyers.
Data released Wednesday showed that vehicles shipped from Hyundai’s Chinese factories for sale in China fell 31% to 60,000 in June from a year earlier. China’s auto-sales figures for June haven’t been released yet, but in May industry sales of passenger cars there rose 1.2% year-to-year, the slowest expansion since February 2013.
when is H/K entering into Scooter/motor bike business?

INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: JUNE 2015
At the launch event recently, Keita Muramatsu, president and CEO, HMSI and Honda Motor India, said: “India is a focus market for Honda and it is significant that Honda’s two-wheeler operations in India is the second largest contributor to Honda’s global sales. Today, one in every four two-wheelers sold by Honda worldwide is from India. I am confident that given our continued investment and growth, we will become No. 1 two-wheeler market for Honda globally within the next 2-3 years. Honda’s future growth in India will be co-driven by its scooter portfolio. Honda dominates this segment with every second scooter being sold today in India being a Honda. At the same time, Honda is expanding its production capacity foreseeing the future potential of automatic scooter demand. Our upcoming fourth plant will be the world’s largest only scooter plant and will start operation at Gujarat in early 2016.” - See more at: INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: JUNE 2015
Old 07-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Race Director

Old 07-07-2015, 01:20 AM
_

There is nothing in RLX that is not present in other Hondas.
There it is again... admitting the RLX is a dressed up Honda.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Safety Car

There it is again... admitting the RLX is a dressed up Honda.
Nope Engine and wheel base different. It is like Comparing MDX with Pilot. The performance difference between MDX and Pilot is more than difference between 328 and 335.

Dressed up cars like Avalon/Camry/ES350/RX350/Highlander. The engine power, wheel base, handling is completely identical between Lexus and Toyota. 80% of consumers buy dressed up cars as they like you don't understand automotives.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Guys, quit feeding the troll. This is the same guy who said (and I quote):

"Since Honda hp are much more than other company hp. NSX will easily compete with cars having 1000bhp."

You can't win an argument with a fool. Everything he says is simply his opinion. Opinions are like buttholes- everyone has one.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
A lot of anger coming from the guy who drives the lowest class Acura in 2009 the TSX.

A Genesis sedan is the perfect upgrade for you.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:20 AM

Received 5,883 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
Guys, quit feeding the troll. This is the same guy who said (and I quote):

"Since Honda hp are much more than other company hp. NSX will easily compete with cars having 1000bhp."

You can't win an argument with a fool. Everything he says is simply his opinion. Opinions are like buttholes- everyone has one.
On the contrary, please keep the discussion going. This is the most fun we've had in the Auto News section in a long time. I'm quaking with the excitement of knowing there will be a whole new batch of SSFTSX quotes for future use!

Last edited by ttribe; 07-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ttribe:
04WDPSeDaN (07-07-2015), TacoBello (07-07-2015), thoiboi (07-14-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Soooo what's his stance on the RLX anyway?

And lol at him saying the RLX is the test car for the NSX, using similar technology. While that may be true, the RLX makes Honda no money. The NSX won't be making honda money either, seeing as they want to cap sales to around 1000ish vehicles per year. I'm sure there was a massive investment in R&D for both of those cars and I don't expect honda to see much of a return on it. Call me impressed if they do. I don't even think they will share all that much in common, besides whatever is related to the sport hybrid drive system, and even then, I feel it'll be an apples to oranges comparison. I guess time will tell.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
have you ever look at return on investment concept. that's why They replace two expensive TSX/TL cars with two cheap one ILX/TLX.
and selling them at a higher price?

then RLX has the best ROI because it s $20k more than where it should have been.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
^^^^^

Only if you're looking at a particular month. If you look at the bigger picture, it's still behind... though it is catching up. I wonder if new 2.0t engine for IS 200t will help with sales #s?

I'd think the new A4 will do better! This current gen is like 6 years old??

Is the IS200T going to sit between IS250 and IS350, or it will simply replace IS250?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Last time i checked Lexus is keeping all 3, which i think is pointless.

I don't see how the 2.0T can be cheaper than the 250 or higher than 350. So in between i guess.

Quick Reply: Acura: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News