TL: Options for doing upgraded Double din navi and amp.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 PM
Antonio Rivas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Options for doing upgraded Double din navi and amp.

Hey guys well first off I got an 03 tls current setup is 2 12s with random German amp and is hooked up to my stock amp I got this setup from a sticky here earlier on. But I have witnessed some problems with it one is that my car every now and then turns off just completely shorts out and battery dies alternator doesn't charge it nothing. I've got it checked out quite a few times both battery and alternator are good everytime I check it even with AutoZone testers and my job testers and I work at a dealership. I even had 2 blown radio fuses. I thought it was some connection I did wrong but when I had an asc certified tech look at it he said it might of been the amp blown which was also causing me to not here my subs because the amp would shut off. I knew it was something with the amp but want completely sure that's why I had it checked by professionals to see what they say. so with all that being said now I don't have anything hooked up until I get my new setup and I'm planning on going a double din GPS and radio with just one 12 and hopefully all 4 door speakers and of course a new amp. My only question is I don't see too much setups like this with this car I have seen a few setups that were custom done but besides that I'm not sure what specific brands are good and worth buying. Right now I'm looking at a Kenwood dnc771hd for 799.99 on sonicelectronix but I'm not quiet sure which amp to get yet that will have the head unit plus all 4 door speakers and the sub hooked to I know it doesn't really matter to some people and to sone it does but I just want a good quality not too expensive of an amp that will last. If anybody can give me some guidance on this would be nice and I have a guy already to install all this on so that's not a problem just if anyone seen anything like this on a tl or other cars of course and would know a good route to go and decent prices to spend thanks.