RDX: Infotainment Reviews in July 16 Consumers Report

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 05:09 PM
Bobz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infotainment Reviews in July 16 Consumers Report

When I picked up my new 2016 Acura RDX Advance, the salesman gave me a rudimentary explanation of how the infotainment system worked. When I complained a few days later how unintuitive the system seemed to be, he told me to come in and he would give me a more thorough education session. That helped but not much. In particular I thought the voice command was particulary bad. It turns out I was not alone. It wasn't me, it is the system. Here is the capusule Consumber Reports review:

"Rated Average. Honda and Acura infotainment systems come in several designs, none of which make owners happy. Many were dissatisfied with voice command quality - the lowest ranked among all brands. One owner found it very difficult to use the commands because they must be said in Acura speak, not commonly used English words. Our tests found the onscreen buttons and menus to be unintuitive. "

I have to agree on all counts. After three months I still find the system hard to use without consulting the owners manual and even that is not great either. Honda/Acura need to go back to the drawing board. The only systems rated worse were from Toyota and Cadillac.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a new owner of a 2017 RDX I totally agree.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CU did not have much good to say about any of the auto infotainment systems; most were dinged for being hard to use.

dAlmost makes me glad I have an old dinosaur of a 2002 TL... Low tech but easy to use!

-Tom in SoCal