I can tell you how to remove the panel in a TL. Maybe the CL is similar? Tell me, is there a small plug behind your chrome door handle/opener? Also is there a hole at the bottom of your armrest? If so, here's what you do:
1) Carefully remove the plastic triangle inside of your side mirrors. You have to pry it out at the back then slowly pull it out. You won't break the tabs if you're careful.
2) Carefully pry the small plug behind your door latch. It is hinged and will not fall out - just pry with a small screwdriver from the fron side and remove the screw underneath.
3) Pulll the whole door latch assembly out and towards the dash just a little, and push away the small plastic thingy holding the door rod. Now you can remove the hanlde and cup it sits in.
4) Now use a long Philips screwdriver to remove the screw under your armrest.
5) Now you can slowly pull the door panel away from the door - there are about 8 "clips" that are holding it. Just start at the back of the door and work you way around to the fron popping the clips every 6 inches (or so).
6) Now that the clips are loose push up on the panel as it is being held by a large flange that is as long as your window (under the chrome strip). You may have to wiggle it a little.
7) Before you take the panel away from the car reach behind the panel and release all the wiring harnesses for your power window and door locks, etc.
8) The panel should be in your hands. Hope that works for the coupe?? I used this procedure outlined in my Helm Service manual for my '99 TL. Good luck.
Last edited by Jonesi; 11-23-2009 at 08:59 PM.