CL: 1st Gen CL Alarm Siren...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st Gen CL Alarm Siren...

Hey folks...

I need help in confirming which part is the actual alarm siren that makes the 'chirp chirp' sound when unlocking and locking the car.

I'm running the assumption that the siren is also the same component that makes the chirp sound when locking/unlocking the car.

That being said, acurapartsnow.com... shows that the siren is number 17 on this diagram:
SIREN ASSY., SECURITY - 1997 ACURA CL (38390-SS8-A02) can be found as reference #17 in illustration

However, I remember the siren to actually be located on the lower left of the front bumper, #4 on this diagram on acurapartsoem.com

acurapartsoem is the only site i can find that lists this as an actual part, item 4 for sale... all the other sites use the same diagram as the first one in the thread, from acurapartsnow.com and doesn't seem to list the item as a part for sale with an item number, but suggests that the siren is actually located at the top of the engine bay, again number 17.

so can anyone confirm which one of the two actually makes the chirp sound?

If it is part 4 from acurapartsoem.com, can someone help me find an actual part number? acurapartsoem.com doesn't list part numbers. just allows you to buy it...

thanks in advance folks

on another note, if anyone has one used for sale that they dont need after installing an aftermarket alarm or something please let me know as I'm looking to buy one ASAP... again looking for the item that makes the chirping sound incase it is different from the siren that makes noise after the alarm has been triggered.

Last edited by 97AcuraCL; 01-28-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM

43 views? someone must know or be willing to walk up to thier car and push the button and try to tell where the sound is coming from... anyone willing to take a min outta their day and check this for me? please?

its one of two locations, up by the wiper blades, or down at the drivers side behind the bumper.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:55 PM

Well never got any help on this.

However, I did go to a u-pull yard this weekend to pick up a few things for my Prelude Project and found a 98 2.3 CL that was smacked in the passenger side door.

Found the siren behind the driverside area of the front bumper.

So pulled the siren and got it for cheap.

Got home and wired it up and heres the end result...

Old 10-05-2015, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing aftermarket alarm

Ok so i got the lights wired up and they flash an all that when i press the lock button on new alarm now in trying to figure out the door lock process any tips or anyone know what to do

Also im tapping new alarm into box under passenger seat using diagram from modifiedlifes website