Remote Starter - Factory Alarm Disarm/Arm Wires

Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Remote Starter - Factory Alarm Disarm/Arm Wires

I just installed a Crimestopper Rs7 remote starter in my 2004 Acura TL Auto. After 5 hours of pain I got everything to work except the factory alarm disarm. So at this point, if I start the car after locking it in with the OEM transmitter, the alarm goes off. If I lock it with the remote starter transmitter, it works fine.

Can someone tell me where I could find the Factory alarm disarm/arm wires and how to connect them to the remote starter.

I have two wires coming out of the RS

1. Factory alarm arm wire
2. Factory alarm disarm wire

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I found and read this thread but I am still not sure exactly how to connect the wires:
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...m-wire-589503/
Old 10-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
2004 acura tl alarm wiring

Or you could purchase a data module and avoid having to take off the door panel.
The following users liked this post:
acupower (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
2004 acura tl alarm wiring

Or you could purchase a data module and avoid having to take off the door panel.
Thanks for the reply! I took the door apart yesterday. There were two connectors going to the window/lock module right next to the door handle. One of them was a white connector with roughly 10-15 pins and the other one was a green connector with a lot more pins. There was a white/red wire coming out of both. So which one do I use?

Also, what does "blue/white to white/red" mean? Does the wire change colors at some point?
Old 10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by acupower
Thanks for the reply! I took the door apart yesterday. There were two connectors going to the window/lock module right next to the door handle. One of them was a white connector with roughly 10-15 pins and the other one was a green connector with a lot more pins. There was a white/red wire coming out of both. So which one do I use?

Also, what does "blue/white to white/red" mean? Does the wire change colors at some point?
white/red wire in the green connector is the arm wire
white wire in the green connector is the disarm wire
The following users liked this post:
acupower (10-02-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Instructor

I completed the remote starter install a couple of days ago. I just want to report my findings.

My remote starter has 2 outputs for "Power door lock" and "Power door unlock". I had connected them to the power door wires in the fuse box previously. However, my factory alarm would go off when I started the car or unlocked it with the RS remote.

The RS manual states that if the factory alarm goes off you also need to connect the other pair of output from the RS that Arm/Disarm the factory alarm. I did so but that did not fix the problem.

So after some trial and error I ended up doing the following:

I ran the Power door unlock/Lock wires from the RS to the driver's door. I was able to fish the wires through the OEM harness and through the connectors at the door. I then connected the RS power lock/unlock wires to the factory Arm/Disarm wires.

The Arm/Disarm wires also lock/unlock your doors at the same time so that's the only connection that is really needed. Now when I lock the car with the RS remote it also Arms the factory alarm. As soon as I hit unlock, the factory alarm is disabled.

Finally, I had to configure my RS to unlock the doors right before it starts the engine and then re-lock them after the engine is running. This prevents the factory alarm from going off during remote start.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by acupower
...Finally, I had to configure my RS to unlock the doors right before it starts the engine and then re-lock them after the engine is running. This prevents the factory alarm from going off during remote start.
And if you purchase an appropriate CANBUS door lock module, you will neither have to take off the door panel to install it nor unlock the doors before a remote start. Not all door lock modules support disarm without unlock, so buyer beware!!