Multiple Electrical Issues, No Memory, no lights no power unless car is on

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiple Electrical Issues, No Memory, no lights no power unless car is on

so today i was working on my side skirts when i went to turn the car on, i noticed that the hvac system was on and the buttons weren't working. At first the radio was working but then later on it stopped and the security light would come on. The lights on the radio actually do work ONLY when i turn the car on not when i switch it to parking light or headlights on when the car is not on. The car has no problem starting but it has no memory, no power locks, trunk wont work and the whole car is basically dead unless i turn the car on and everything functions as normal besides nav buttons and the A/C wont shut off so i pulled off the fuses from the hood fuse box and it won't turn on. ive checked all the fuses i can related to these issues and they all work. i even took the battery off for about 5 minutes and nothing works. my battery might be a shitty but it does start the car.

i've searched and read alot but nobody has had the same issues i have just some combinations.

any suggestions?

THANKS!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
I'd check the battery (and while at it the alternator) with a multimeter.
The following users liked this post:
cipher9878 (12-20-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 152 Posts
the only thing I can think of that is common to that many components is the MICU which is in the driver's side fuse box

was anything else done to this car before this started happening or did this just randomly pop up? odd because there is no wiring near the side skirts, I'm assuming you're referring to the exterior A-SPEC or stock side skirts? not even working inside the car at all with that
The following users liked this post:
cipher9878 (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mzilvar
the only thing I can think of that is common to that many components is the MICU which is in the driver's side fuse box

was anything else done to this car before this started happening or did this just randomly pop up? odd because there is no wiring near the side skirts, I'm assuming you're referring to the exterior A-SPEC or stock side skirts? not even working inside the car at all with that
i finally found out what was wrong with it. the back up fuse was shot but it wasn't blown. i bought a fuse tester and tested every single one of the fuses on the footwell and one of them was off and once i replaced it everything went back to normal. i also did a battery test and my negative ground was bad so i fixed it with a better terminal and i have no issues now everything works like a charm. btw im planning on doing the joycon tomorrow i will program it using the media control buttons because i dont wanna run wires from the steering wheel id rather run them from the back of the radio to my center console.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by polobunny
I'd check the battery (and while at it the alternator) with a multimeter.
it was an internally disconnected fuse on the back up slot and a faulty ground terminal. thanks though!