3GTL/2GRL Bluetooth Phones Compatibility...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to change the ring tone in the car when a call comes in or are we stuck with the generic ring ring?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Samsung D357

Thinking of changing to a different Bluetooth phone, Samsung D357...for the "Push To Talk" feature. Are there any know problems I need to be aware of?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

The Nokia 8801 works... no signal or battery though
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
'06 Acura TL

My LG9800 works.

But it is quirky. If someone calls you, it always works. But sometimes when you try to tell it a number to dial the sound doesn't go through to the speakers.

Plus, you can't hangup properly. You have to rely on the person on the other end to hangup and then it shuts off the bluetooth.

It gets battery and signal just fine. Just a few quirks so you could add it to the list.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 PM
05 TL Silver, 6spd, Navi

My v3 razor with cingular sucks with the HFL. My old phone rocked, fully functional . This thing is horrible, I highly discourage people from getting it. If I'm on the phone and someone calls it knocks both calls offline regardless of whether or not I answer the incoming call. I apologize if this has already been mentioned, just sharing.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Safety Car

Nextel Blackberry 7100i is only good when you receive calls, 75% of time when your dialing out, it will echo like crazy.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My unlocked treo 650 works great with the HFL. I just updated the treo with the latest update from Palm. The Signal Strength displays, caller ID works but no battery meter...

Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Instructor

I'm due for a $100.00 credit towards a new phone from Verizon, which i'll be using for my first Bluetooth phone.
I've heard the E815 is good. Does anyone recommend a better choice for Verizon customers?
Not sure if this was posted on the previous 9 pages, but sorry if it was.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Moto E815

I have the Moto E815 and it works very well but I do get some dropped calls occasionally that I didn't get with Cingular and a Moto V600.

No apparent reason... strong signal and then it just drops!

All functions appear on MID.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtgrad95
Is there a way to change the ring tone in the car when a call comes in or are we stuck with the generic ring ring?
You can't change the ringtone but you can get rid of it and have the HFL say "Incoming Call" or you can have it do neither and you need to see the incoming call on the display
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Advanced

Motorola SLVR L7 works (but I have an issue)

Just paired it last night, all seems to work except the battery level doesn't show on the display. I think others have said the same.

I have an issue though, it was real easy to pair this phone. After I deleted my old phone from the system i couldn't get the new phone to link up anymore. If i try to pair it again it finds it but won't"connect" to it. So i should have just left the old phone on the system. Anyone with any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciaed.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BlueSkyzz
Anyone try the Motorola V3i?
any updates on the motorola v3i bt compatibility for an 05 TL?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear

Moto SLVR7 - Compatability

How well does the motorola SLVR7 work with HFL in the TL?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYFENIXTL
Just paired it last night, all seems to work except the battery level doesn't show on the display. I think others have said the same.

I have an issue though, it was real easy to pair this phone. After I deleted my old phone from the system i couldn't get the new phone to link up anymore. If i try to pair it again it finds it but won't"connect" to it. So i should have just left the old phone on the system. Anyone with any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciaed.
Before I reset the HFL and/or disconnect the battery, I tried something. I paired my old phone up again and then tried to pair the SLVR. All went well and it paired up quickly. I don't know why i had issues once i deleted my old phone, but since it works now i will leave both paired, but obviously my old phone won't exist anymore.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mickyg
How well does the motorola SLVR7 work with HFL in the TL?
The SLVR L7 works well in the TL. The only thing I have notice and somebody else mentioned it is that the battery level indicator does not show up on the display. All else works great.
I noticed that the SLVR activates with the HFL a lot faster than my old phone. I also seem to always have 5 bars lit, good reception and no dropped calls yet. The cingular commercials really work, Ha Ha.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mle724
Got my new Blackberry 8700 2 days ago, upgrading from a Blackberry 7290. Pairs fine with my 2004 TL/ HFL, but toggles back and forth between having a connection and a lost connection. Never had this problem with the 7290. Contacted HFL Tech Support and they were no help; just gave me a bunch of standard replies. (Carrier for both is Cingular). Had to have my HFL module replaced just a week ago. Thought that may be the problem, but other phones paired and worked fine.

Dealership wasn't any help either.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks
ME
Update finally....

My 8700c via cCingular is working great with my '04 TL now. There was a problem with Bluetooth in the phone. Cingular replaced it and all is well!

Thanks
ME
Old 03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
2nd Gear

Audiovox XV6700

I was looking at the list of compatible phones with the TL which was quite helpful but was not ablet to locate the Audiovox XV6700. Has anyone tried pairing the phone with the car. It worlked for me initially, but my call dropped and I was unable to call or receive on the HFL. Can anyone help me out. I tried clearing all the phones on the TL and re-pairing the phone again and now my phone can't locate the car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
2nd Gear

Correction

The phone is the HTC6700. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Advanced

Samsung SCH- a950

Anybody have this phone? Just want to make sure it works before I get it. It is not listed in this trhread or on www.acura.com/handsfreelink. THANKS

Old 03-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Best Phone from T-Mobile

I think that I have waited long enough and I want to link a phone up with my '05 TL. I had tentatively selected the Razor but recently I have been thinking about the PEBL or t809. The PEBL is still listed on the HFL site as still under testing and nothing is said about the t809.

Any good news about either of these phones or should I stick with the Razor?

Finally, is there a great phone that might make me want to change carriers?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:49 AM
05 TL Silver, 6spd, Navi

Don't go with the razr, in my opinion its the biggest piece of SH*T on the market. Everyone I know has problems with the phone. When I use it in the TL, and someone calls in while I'm already on the line with someone (call waiting), it drops both calls regardless of whether or not I answer the new incoming call. When I answer a call it has about a 5-7 sec. delay to when I can hear them. Outside of the TL, not using bluetooth, it sucks. Drops calls, doesn't ring half the time, flip part is wobbly (had it since dec. and never abused), WONT CHARGE a lot of the time (says cannot charge), car charger doesn't work.. All around its a piece of junk.. I've had all kinds of phones and used to sell them too.... this is the worst. Just my opinion and my two cents.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by Austin219
Don't go with the razr, in my opinion its the biggest piece of SH*T on the market. Everyone I know has problems with the phone. When I use it in the TL, and someone calls in while I'm already on the line with someone (call waiting), it drops both calls regardless of whether or not I answer the new incoming call. When I answer a call it has about a 5-7 sec. delay to when I can hear them. Outside of the TL, not using bluetooth, it sucks. Drops calls, doesn't ring half the time, flip part is wobbly (had it since dec. and never abused), WONT CHARGE a lot of the time (says cannot charge), car charger doesn't work.. All around its a piece of junk.. I've had all kinds of phones and used to sell them too.... this is the worst. Just my opinion and my two cents.
Hey Austin...how do you really feel about the Razr???
Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Intermediate

I'm two weeks into my '06 TL. The salesperson helped me pair my Blackberry 7250 at the dealership and it worked great.

After a few days I started to notice that if I initiated the call from the handset, sometimes the TL wouldn't pick it up. And sometimes if I dialed from the HFL, the phone wouldn't respond. However, the phones paired, the dash indicated the phone was connected with several bars, etc.

Today I went to re-pair my phone with the car and when I got to the portion when you "name" you phone, the HFL just stopped, the LED went blank and the radio came back on.

Any suggestions?? So far I LOVE my TL, except for this one little frustration!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NCRider
I'm two weeks into my '06 TL. The salesperson helped me pair my Blackberry 7250 at the dealership and it worked great.

After a few days I started to notice that if I initiated the call from the handset, sometimes the TL wouldn't pick it up. And sometimes if I dialed from the HFL, the phone wouldn't respond. However, the phones paired, the dash indicated the phone was connected with several bars, etc.

Today I went to re-pair my phone with the car and when I got to the portion when you "name" you phone, the HFL just stopped, the LED went blank and the radio came back on.

Any suggestions?? So far I LOVE my TL, except for this one little frustration!

Some of the early blackberry handhelds didn't have great implementation of bluetooth. Most carriers have released updates to the original handheld software.

You can check your software version by clicking on "options" then "about". If the version is less than 4.0, you should consider updating the software. It's available from Verizon's website. Unfortunately it's not as up to date as the newer devices. Looks like Verizon isn't updating their older device's software as much as the new ones.

I've had real good performance with the bluetooth on blackberries running version 4.0.2.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt_Crunch
I think that I have waited long enough and I want to link a phone up with my '05 TL. I had tentatively selected the Razor but recently I have been thinking about the PEBL or t809. The PEBL is still listed on the HFL site as still under testing and nothing is said about the t809.

Any good news about either of these phones or should I stick with the Razor?

Finally, is there a great phone that might make me want to change carriers?

I've T809 and works well with HFL. No battery meter. Shows Signal meter but does not show strength (bars). Shows caller ID. Voice quality is good.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by StuartMMVITL
Some of the early blackberry handhelds didn't have great implementation of bluetooth. Most carriers have released updates to the original handheld software.

You can check your software version by clicking on "options" then "about". If the version is less than 4.0, you should consider updating the software. It's available from Verizon's website. Unfortunately it's not as up to date as the newer devices. Looks like Verizon isn't updating their older device's software as much as the new ones.

I've had real good performance with the bluetooth on blackberries running version 4.0.2.

Thanks! I'll check that out.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Advanced

t809 It Is Then

Originally Posted by JoganJani
I've T809 and works well with HFL. No battery meter. Shows Signal meter but does not show strength (bars). Shows caller ID. Voice quality is good.
Thanks for the input JoganJani. Although it sounds like some things are not going to be displayed this is the phone I am going to go with. Now comes the real fun part, negotiating with T-Mobile for a decent price for the upgrade. I looked at the phone at a Kiosk to get a feel for it but they wouldn't deal on a "keeping an existing customer" basis. I'm going to try calling in and trying to get a customer retention representative and see what they might offer.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt_Crunch
Thanks for the input JoganJani. Although it sounds like some things are not going to be displayed this is the phone I am going to go with. Now comes the real fun part, negotiating with T-Mobile for a decent price for the upgrade. I looked at the phone at a Kiosk to get a feel for it but they wouldn't deal on a "keeping an existing customer" basis. I'm going to try calling in and trying to get a customer retention representative and see what they might offer.
Capt, if you are not hard pressed for retaining your no. go with new account with new no and this can be had for $50 nowadays.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Honeygrl28

i use the LG VX9800 and it work great ....luv it
Old 04-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow...

A Siq Tl,

The SE Z520a is on the currently testing list.I have this phone and it works great with the HFL. The MID displays caller I.D., battery status,and signal strength, and the car will find it automatically every time I turn the key
That's a relief. I just got two of these for free plus a $100 rebate provided I signed up for 2 years with Cingular. It would suck if they didn't work.

A-Train
Old 04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Advanced

t809

Well, I bit the bullet and picked up a t809 and I love the phone! Paired right up with my TL and once I "authorized" the TL in the t809's bluetooth it locks on everytime I get in the car.
Sound quality is great but said by JoganJani no battery or signal bars.
Here's to hoping that a software upgrade might come along to correct this although I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile It works...

A Siq Tl,

You're correct, it works great. Sony Ericsson Z250a works fine and it's a fairly easy install. I know NOTHING about BlueTooth and just enough to use my cell phone, yet I installed it and loaded the addy book up in about 2 hours total.

I did notice that when an incoming call came in, the TL nor my cell picked it up, it went straight to voice-mail. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

A-Train
Old 04-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by honeygrl28
i use the LG VX9800 and it work great ....luv it
Do you have any problem with hanging up, as some others have reported? What about CAller ID? Perhaps there's been a software update that fixed this.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Racer

Does anyone have an oppion on a phone from sprint that they like and works?? I have a 06 TL
Old 04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
8th Gear

Blackberry 7105t

Does anyone have the Blackberry 7105t from T-Mobile. My work is suppling one to me and I wanted to know if this will connect with our HFL. And if it does connect does the caller ID, battery level and signal strength show up?

Thanks in advance,
SRoye_98
Old 04-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Clutch DZ

Samsung A920

I purchased the Samsung A920 with Sprint and it works great with my '04 TL. No drops and I can put the phone anywhere in the car and the Bluetooth signal stays at full strength.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Honeygrl28

Originally Posted by redman042
Do you have any problem with hanging up, as some others have reported? What about CAller ID? Perhaps there's been a software update that fixed this.
i havnt had any problems with dropping calls and the caller id is working fine not sure if it matters i have the 06 tl. but i am happy with the Vx9800
Old 04-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Advanced

The new Sony W810i does not work.
I sold it on eBay and bought a Samsung D600, which works great!!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:05 PM
5th Gear

We're buying an 06 TL and have Cingular service. Does anyone have Motorola v557 or has anyone heard whether it is HFL compatible? Almost all of the phones listed on the acura handsfree site are outdated.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary96LT4
We're buying an 06 TL and have Cingular service. Does anyone have Motorola v557 or has anyone heard whether it is HFL compatible? Almost all of the phones listed on the acura handsfree site are outdated.
I believe that is a GSM phone (Cingular). I have the Verizon (CDMA) equivalent which is a Motorola 815e and it works superbly in the TL. It even shows the signal strength and battery condition on the MID.

The phones are not the same but are both state of the art for each system, IIRC.

I also have a 1.3 Megapixel camera which takes decent pictures with good resolution.

Quick Reply: 3GTL/2GRL Bluetooth Phones Compatibility...