Pandora and Bluetooth audio issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Pandora and Bluetooth audio issues

I have an iPhone 6 and until 4 days ago (when my acuralink disappeared) I was able to use pandora via Bluetooth. Now it says no device connected and only works when I connect the phone with the cable. Usaully once I open the pandora app the phone goes into accessory mode. Now it only does that when connected with the cord. Can Apple owners confirm that you are still able to use pandora without connecting your phone to the car with the cable.

Also, I can't stream Apple music through Bluetooth, it says no device connected. It also says no device connected when it's attatched to the USB port. I can still make and receive phone calls though.

Can others please let me know if they can stream music without the phone being plugged into the car, thanks.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by nebula
I have an iPhone 6 and until 4 days ago (when my acuralink disappeared) I was able to use pandora via Bluetooth. Now it says no device connected and only works when I connect the phone with the cable. Usaully once I open the pandora app the phone goes into accessory mode. Now it only does that when connected with the cord. Can Apple owners confirm that you are still able to use pandora without connecting your phone to the car with the cable.

Also, I can't stream Apple music through Bluetooth, it says no device connected. It also says no device connected when it's attatched to the USB port. I can still make and receive phone calls though.

Can others please let me know if they can stream music without the phone being plugged into the car, thanks.
My iphone 6 updated with 8.4 firmware works fine on my TLX using the bluetooth. It worked fine on the 8.3 firmware also. Works using bluetooth and works if the phone is plugged into the car's usb also. Pandora, Spotify, handsfree calling all work 100%
Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Instructor

I too have the 8.4 update, ever since the acuralink disappeared the Bluetooth audio hasn't been working, I can only think there is a connection between the two.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Instructor

I too have the 8.4 update, ever since the acuralink disappeared the Bluetooth audio hasn't been working, I can only think there is a connection between the two.
Is this the Acuralink app on the iphone you are referring to? I don't use that and have my phone paired to the car via the bluetooth setting in the iphone. Once the phone is paired, I just open whatever app I want to use on my phone and it will play over the car's speakers via bluetooth. Sorry if I am getting confused about the acuralink
Old 07-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the actual acuralink pysical button on the headliner that has the green light next to it. My light is red indicating that it is not functioning, and the acuralink symbol on the I-mid has disappeared. Since that has happened my Bluetooth audio/pandora has not been working. I use to be able to Bluetooth any app on my phone now I can't, going to take the car in and have it checked out.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
I also get strange behavior if I try to use Pandora via BT. I select BT as source, then start Pandora on the iPhone without the lightning cable installed. It works as intended for a few minutes, then Pandora will go into Accessory mode on the Iphone and no music will come through.

Other times, the ihunes Music library will show a list of songs on the bottom half of the top screen while the top half shows Pandora.

I'm baffled, but for the time being, I only use Pandora when the Lightning cable is installed.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LAMike240
I also get strange behavior if I try to use Pandora via BT. I select BT as source, then start Pandora on the iPhone without the lightning cable installed. It works as intended for a few minutes, then Pandora will go into Accessory mode on the Iphone and no music will come through.

Other times, the ihunes Music library will show a list of songs on the bottom half of the top screen while the top half shows Pandora.

I'm baffled, but for the time being, I only use Pandora when the Lightning cable is installed.
When everything was working correctly I would have my pandora app on, start the car, choose pandora on the car radio. The iPhone goes into accessory mode and pandora would stream from the phone to car without the cable attached( Bluetooth). This doesn't happen anymore, it will only work with the cable, spotify works via Bluetooth option on the car radio without cable, again no more. I don't understand why I need the cable attatched now when for the last 6 months I didn't.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
In Settings on your phone, please check the Bluetooth is enabled. I don't have an iPhone having Bluetooth off on my Android phone causes the same symptoms.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Yes my Bluetooth is enabled I can make phone calls, however I noticed yesterday that the car won't download the contact list from my phone. Please remember everything was working fine about a week ago. Once the acuralink light went red the car started having problems. Hopefully I'll get he car checked out soon.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Yes my Bluetooth is enabled I can make phone calls, however I noticed yesterday that the car won't download the contact list from my phone. Please remember everything was working fine about a week ago. Once the acuralink light went red the car started having problems. Hopefully I'll get he car checked out soon.
Nebula, I don't have tech package in my V6 so I do not have acuralink in it. Yesterday I noticed that my phone was connected to my car via bluetooth, but it wouldn't let my music source connect to the car via bluetooth. I turned off the bluetooth setting on the iPhone it self and then turned it back on again, clicked on the HandsFreeLink under devices on the iPhone to connect to the car, and both the phone and the music source were working fine via bluetooth.

Try this out if you haven't yet, it's worth a shot.

If you continue to have problems, I wonder if it is related to some issue such as this? http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-017.PDF
Old 07-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Instructor

h_dawg, I tried everything with no luck, making an appointment to bring the car in for service.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pandora is just very, very inconsistent. I can get it to work with or without the phone on, with or without it plugged in, and just like that, it will stop working. I get a phone call (iPhone 6P, 8.4), and it drops the connection when finished. OR, it wasn't working, and as soon as I finish the call, it connects. Disgustingly inconsistent.

(I don't know if I like Pandora anyway, live tracks and "album side" tracks are chopped off before they end anyway, at least on the stations I listen to. But I ramble.....)
Old 07-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Intermediate

Today, after a phone call, I had to do the "swipe it up and out", it then re-loaded after asking if I would allow it to use the HFL. Yep, Pandora on the TLX is not ready for prime time!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Well I can't make phone calls from the car anymore, my phonebook from the phone won't download to the car either. There is definitely something wrong with the Bluetooth, getting it looked at soon.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
You'll find that in many cases, the solution to these problems is simply to delete the phone from HFL and re-pair.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Instructor

All is well again with the car, they did a "battery reset" and it fixed all the issues I was having.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Intermediate

TLX Pandora

Seems terribly intermittent. Sometimes it will start just fine with the phone in my pocket. Sometimes, it puts that "wants to use the HFL" message after I plug it into the USB port. Sometimes, swiping the app out makes it work.

Sigh! Computers...

"The only working software is obsolete"
Old 08-13-2018, 03:58 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android also

I'm having the same problem in my 2016 MDX with my Samsung S8. It started about a week ago. I was able to stream pandora via BT without any problems now I get a message saying no data. I took the car to the dealer and they told me that I needed to connect it using a USB cable in order for it to work. I've never had this problem before and didn't need a cable, not sure why I would need to plug it in just out of the blue. They told me that so far with all their troubleshooting the only thing that works is using the cable to connect through the USB. I told them that I never had to that in the past. I didn't even think it was an option because I had a USB drive with music on it in the car. If anyone knows of a fix, please post it. I'll update once I get the car back.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Instructor

Still having pandora issues 2015 tlx 4 cyl. tech package, iPhone X with all software up to date. The only way to get pandora to work is to plug it in via the lightning cable, mind you this was not the case when I purchased the car. It always worked via Bluetooth.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:36 PM
4th Gear

Update...

So I got my MDX back from Acura today, they said the problem seems to be with the phone. They tried several phones iPhone and android. All of the iPhones needed to be connected with the USB. The androids were hit of miss. They did mention that they tried it in another MDX they had in the lot just to verify and the only phone that worked all the time without needing to be connected was a Motorola moto. So they're saying it's probably a software issue in the pandora app or from the phone itself.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Instructor

It’s been almost one year since this issue started, whether it Pandora, Acura, Honda or the cell phones nobody knows.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:10 PM
4th Gear

I think Pandora fixed it!!!

So I got in my car today and my pandora sent me a message saying that it was connected to my car. So just for shots and giggles I hit the Pandora app on the car and it loaded like it should!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 12:58 PM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
FYI: TMobile gave it's subscribers Pandora for free
In my 2018 TLX A-SPEC, connected through Apple CarPlay, it only loads from the IPhone SE, not the car
I've tried rebooting, deleting, & all the other options to no avail; seems like a handshake issue to me
Kind of odd, since it's through USB; Itunes, Amazon Music, & Google Music are all flawless
strange!
Old 03-03-2019, 07:54 AM
6th Gear

I found if you open Pandora on phone first then open in car, there are no connection issues. Also latest Pandora version seems to help...
Old 04-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Phone and Bluetooth Disconnect with two different phones

I have a Pixel 3XL with the latest April update and a Hauwei Mate 9 and both disconnect from the cars Bluetooth. I have the 19 TLX V6 Tech. Has anyone had this issue? I've removed the phone several times and re-added it with no luck. It would appear to be an Acura issue with two different phones losing connection.