Imported Phonebook Sort Order

Old 03-26-2015, 01:20 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Imported Phonebook Sort Order

Does anyone know how to change the sort order of your import phone contacts? Currently my contacts are ordered and show LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME. Is there are way to change this to order and show by firstname first?

I have tried to find this option in the settings and have searched this forum, so sorry if I have missed it somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:56 PM
4th Gear

Followup - I called Acura client relations and was transferred to technical support. They stated that the contacts are pulled directly from how they are stored on the phone and sorting is not an option on the TLX.

Additional info - I am running an Android Nexus 5 updated to version 5.1. When i was on 5.0 the contacts imported as FRISTNAME LASTNAME, but since i updated to 5.1 and resyncing with the car, now the import goes to the 'last, first' ordering even though the phone is set as first last.

At this time I believe it is an issue with Android 5.1. Has anyone experienced the same or found a solution?
The following users liked this post:
tlxsteve (03-26-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 05:09 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Yep, exactly same problem for me.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:10 PM
a77
Racer

Originally Posted by a77
Yep, exactly same problem for me.
Using speed dials for time being.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:35 AM
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Probably doesn't matter, but thought I'd chime in. Mine started doing the same thing after I updated my Nexus 6 to 5.1. I'm gonna poke around on XDA and see if I can get some better developers to figure out what happened
Old 03-31-2015, 10:53 AM
4th Gear

Thank you for chiming in. It is interesting to know it is happening to others and also on the Nexus 6. I posted this same question on XDA, but have only received one reply saying it was not an issue for that user (not sure what vehicle/stereo they were using).

Also, side note - When I called Acura client relations, they did say that the TLX will be upgradable to Android Auto when released. The rep also stated that they currently have no information on a timeframe, and there would have to be a hardware add-on purchased, as bluetooth would not support it.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Saw a post somewhere with a link that said Acura showed off a TLX with Android Auto, so hopefully it'll come soon. I'm more than willing to pay for a hardware add-on, and I'd even consider a subscription fee considering how much additional functionality I'd see out of it.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Apparently I can't edit, so time for a double post...

Found the link:
Android News | Androidheadlines.com

Hopefully we'll see some movement on this soon.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Advanced

So it appears that Google Contacts has changed the way it works entirely and that's what's causing the problem. I still don't know how to fix it, but I have found a workaround. Unfortunately, it means you have to go through each individual contact and make some adjustments.

First, you need to go to Google Contacts on the web (contacts DOT google DOT com) and make sure you're on the OLD Google Contacts. On the left side, click More... and select "Leave the Contacts preview". I don't know if everyone will have to do this, but I had to.

Second, click on a contact, hover over their name, then click the three dots that show up to the right of the name. An edit window will appear. Change the data so that the entire name is in the Last Name field.

Third, repeat this step for every single contact you have.

I have no other solutions at this time.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:21 AM
a77
Racer

Originally Posted by audioxbliss
So it appears that Google Contacts has changed the way it works entirely and that's what's causing the problem. I still don't know how to fix it, but I have found a workaround. Unfortunately, it means you have to go through each individual contact and make some adjustments.

First, you need to go to Google Contacts on the web (contacts DOT google DOT com) and make sure you're on the OLD Google Contacts. On the left side, click More... and select "Leave the Contacts preview". I don't know if everyone will have to do this, but I had to.

Second, click on a contact, hover over their name, then click the three dots that show up to the right of the name. An edit window will appear. Change the data so that the entire name is in the Last Name field.

Third, repeat this step for every single contact you have.

I have no other solutions at this time.
Thanks - good for you to work this out. But a lot of work as you say. I have grown to really, really like using the speed dial or recent calls option in the dash MID, only found since the 5.1 debacle. Shame on me. But it is so convenient fast and more reliable than voice dialling by name.

I notice the new pilot boasts an android run display and garmin Navi. Be interesting to see how much of this is upgradable to. Going to get even more confusing I fear.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Advanced

Well, just got off the phone with Honda Technology Support, and they just blamed the phone as I expected. So, our only hope is that they get their collective heads out of their asses and fix the issue on their end or deploy Android Auto.

Can't believe the idiot rep tried to claim that the way the contact list displays on the phone is the same as the way it sends via Bluetooth...