Help me think this through logically - BT streaming audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Help me think this through logically - BT streaming audio

I have a BB 9930. Earlier today I tried (for the first time) to stream Pandora from the phone. It is paired and it looks like the audio portion is paired as well.

When I fire up Pandora it plays on the phone but doesn't transfer the audio to the car - however - pressing "pause/resume" pauses (mutes) the cell and another press unmutes it. Accordingly, it seems like the BT Audio portion is paired as well.

Is my only choice to go back to the BB Audio Gateway? Any logical explanation?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Membered Register

Received 161 Likes on 113 Posts
first i'd make sure i did all the steps listed in this post over at crackberry

then i'd double check the firmware that i was running to make sure i'm not on one of these two problematic builds (listed here and here).

if everything checked out at that point, i'd probably toss the BB in the river.

all kidding aside, your device clearly has A2DP support and if it can stream over the BB music gateway there's not reason why it wouldn't stream to the car's BT. i would bet that it's some sort of setting that needs to be switched to explicitly tell the phone to route the audio over BT. here's a word from the first link:

If your headset is compatible all you would have to do is click the menu button while in the music application and select the option to activate your headset (it will show the model). In this case my Plantronics Voyager Pro+, which is A2DP compatible, appears in the menu. If all you see is the option to "Activate Speakerphone" or "Activate Handset" then it's probably not able to stream media stored on your device.
also

There's a little box that should pop up each time your accessory connects that says whether or not you've made the connection with your headset. For example, it should say "Connection to Voyager Succeeded." Below that line it lists all the features or profiles that headset supports. As some manufacturers use the word "Stereo" to describe the A2DP Bluetooth profile that is what we'll be looking for. If only "Handsfree" appears then you do not have the ability to stream music but only answer phone calls.
were you already familiar with this info or is any of if new/valuable? good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Thanks, I hadn't seen that article which prompted me to delve deeper into the Pandora settings, just to find an "enable headset" checkbox - D'oh

I'll check it later on today and report back. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

OK, so for Pandora you need to enable headset in order for it to play through the car.

Thanks! I wouldn't have even thought to look there because the XM app doesn't have that setting.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Membered Register

Received 161 Likes on 113 Posts
sounds good my man enjoy that streaming!