4th Gen TL Navigation "lockpick" anything available yet?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4th Gen TL Navigation "lockpick" anything available yet?

been searching online, and haven't come up with anything..

maybe someone here knows.

coastalEtech and tvandnav2go both make units that unlock varrious features of the GPS systems of different makes and models of cars..

some allow you to enter addresses, make phone calls, etc while in-motion, others add DVD video playback ability (thru an aftermarket DVD player) on the GPS screen, some add camera inputs for front and rear cameras etc..

I am looking for something that does this for the TL.

I would like to have a rear entertainment system added to the car for my kid and have the ability to view the DVD on the front Nav Screen (makes controlling what my kid watches and setting the movie into play mode easier)

additionally I want to add a front camera and DVR to the vehicle and record while the car is in motion, and have the ability to view the camera if needed on the screen.

anyone have any clues if this exists for the 2009? I know it does for the 2006-2008 TL, and it may work if the wiring is the same..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Instructor

bump--- for the night crowd..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I am a bullet proof tiger

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/navigation-video-interface-group-buy-720944/

Check out this thread, they offer a Nav to DVD unit, not sure it will support everything your looking for, but it will allow you to play DVD's via an additional DVD player on your nav screen while in motion. It is available for the 09TL however you would have to cut some wires, most of their models are plug and play. I messaged this guy a while back to question whether or not they would be producing a plug and play version for the 4G, and I was told its in the works. I hope this helps.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by buckvegas
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720944

Check out this thread, they offer a Nav to DVD unit, not sure it will support everything your looking for, but it will allow you to play DVD's via an additional DVD player on your nav screen while in motion. It is available for the 09TL however you would have to cut some wires, most of their models are plug and play. I messaged this guy a while back to question whether or not they would be producing a plug and play version for the 4G, and I was told its in the works. I hope this helps.

well that helps a great deal..

the dude that owns Navtool as I recall is a former employee of Nav2go (gee both are in Brooklyn go figure) and he ripped off Dom's (owner of Nav to go) designs, as I recall the story..

so if he has it Dom has it..

I got an Email from Dom earlier today after asking him, and he said that if it has the 20 pin connector on the nav it is plug and play and works fine..

so does anyone know if it is a 20pin connector or something different?