I am leaving Acurazine (Major Drama wha wha post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 01:12 PM
i souport publik edekason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I think this is just a cry for attention... I don't know you that well Katana but if this was such a big deal and you really wanted to leave then you would have just left...

I'm always weary of ppl who have to post what they are going to do... If you were dedicated to your plight and cause then you would have just tipped the fuck out the door...

But posting this shit is a desperate cry for attention and pity...

What do you care what ppl think... Too many ppl put way too much stock in that shit...

Anyway if you truely decided to leave then I wish you the best in all that you do...
Best of luck
Ciao
Old 02-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Miss th 3.0

Originally Posted by r0dxx
the guy over "wakeboardfusion" looks just like DustBuster4!!!!

i was just thinkin that
Old 02-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jerky

cob3683 has potential
Old 02-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Race Director

Old 02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
ah crap i didn't see my self in there til now
Old 02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by mattg
you're groping steve
It's called a reach around....LEARN THE LINGO
Old 02-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
don't ruin this thread whores.

zero tolerance.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLover
Katana, you're not understanding why some people are upset. No one is saying that the money you received wasn't used properly. But if you receive money donated because of the goodwill of some Acurazine members, and then two months later post a thread about online poker and other money-spending events, people are going to wonder how badly you really needed the money in the first place. So people are wondering whether you accepted money that you really did not need. Get it?

I don't know about you, but if my life became so bad that I need money from people on here, there's no way I'd be able to get back on my feet and have the disposable income to play online poker two months later.

No, I do understand. EVERYONE said the money wasnt used properly, which is why this thread was started in the first place.

Let me ask you this.

You read a story in the newspaper about a guy who lost everything. There is a donation option. Lets say you decide to donate $100. The guy sends a thank you note. 2 months later, the guy is in the paper again. This time, his great great grandfather passed away, leaving the guy 1 million dollars. It also says since he's got the money, he's bought a Mercedes, a house, and a big screen TV.

Would you be super pissed at this guy for using the money to buy that stuff after he got back on this feet? Would you be pissed he didnt wait the proper time to buy it? Would you want your donation money back? Or would you be happy for the guy?
Old 02-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Astroboy
don't ruin this thread whores.

zero tolerance.

ok sorry.....
Old 02-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Go B's Go

so Katana what are you gonna do?
Suzuka Master

Basically I started it because I have no money to give to him, I'm a poor college student without a job. So I figured I could start a donation to help...Ahh looking back now guess it wasn't such a bright idea...

I guess the gambling post on his part was kinda bad timing but it wasn't intended to show that he's wasting away donated money. He was on the borderline of claiming bankruptcy, but luckily he got out of it. I think you guys gotta realize that he has to move on. Is he alowed to get his hair cut? Can he go to a bar and spend a few bucks on some beers?

At the time of the donation, Eric was scrubbing for a meal. I can see where you guys are coming from about the whole gambling thing. I personally think maybe he shoulda kept that to himself atleast.

Anyways it's over and he's back up on his feet. I got nothing but respect for Eric, if you ever met him you would feel the same. I knew him for a total of 10 minutes when I first talked to him and he offered to have me stay at his house instead of getting a hotel room. He's very giving and respectful...

If I were him I'd get off this forum also... Random posts by people that don't even know him, who didn't give a dime to him, complaining about things he does. Is there a special time period until he's allowed to use disposable income?

When you donate money, you should give it because you want to give it. He spent the money on things he needed and now he is doing good. And im still confused about the fact to offer the money back? He didnt get a loan with 0% apr he got a donation.

ahahah I hope you guys don't get mad at me now... I love this forum and I aint leaving until this p3 450 im on blows up. Soopa I got nothing but respect for you and this forum, and I'm just expressing how I feel.
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Katana18
No, I do understand. EVERYONE said the money wasnt used properly, which is why this thread was started in the first place.

Let me ask you this.

You read a story in the newspaper about a guy who lost everything. There is a donation option. Lets say you decide to donate $100. The guy sends a thank you note. 2 months later, the guy is in the paper again. This time, his great great grandfather passed away, leaving the guy 1 million dollars. It also says since he's got the money, he's bought a Mercedes, a house, and a big screen TV.

Would you be super pissed at this guy for using the money to buy that stuff after he got back on this feet? Would you be pissed he didnt wait the proper time to buy it? Would you want your donation money back? Or would you be happy for the guy?

You don t get it.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Banned

Let me ask you this.

Personally, I would've paid everyone back if I landed a windfall like that. At the very least, I would've asked the mods/admins to leave a sticky on the forum explaining your situation. The people who donated money at least deserve to know your story.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by jts1207
You don t get it.

can you send me the full size picture of you avatar....that thing is awesome

alright continue on
Old 02-27-2005, 01:25 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Good question.

Answer: It depends.

The difference would be whether or not the guy knew he would be getting that money, the timeline, or whether he could use that rich grandfather for a loan while he was down and out.

In your case, you got a signing bonus for going back to work... I don't think the rest of us realized you could go back to work in less than a month after the donations...

Then you cashed in shit you KNEW you had.

See, in your case you did have an alternate means of getting cash other than asking for donations here.

Usually, when someone knows they can get the money elsewhere, but it will take some time... they ask people to LOAN them money... not DONATE money.

If there is reasonable expectation on your part that you would in the near future have an equal amount of funds to WASTE (and that expectation was there) you should have noted that in your donation thread and simply asked to BORROW money.

Shit... if all you needed was $250 for a couple months... I would have given it to you out of my own pocket.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Banned

katana just give us'all free car wash and we will all drop the shit
Old 02-27-2005, 01:27 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Eric...lets not overlook one thing. You have a problem.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Personally, I would've paid everyone back if I landed a windfall like that. At the very least, I would've asked the mods/admins to leave a sticky on the forum explaining your situation. The people who donated money at least deserve to know your story.
Word.

When you came into EXCESS money less than a month after accepting donations... the first thing you should have done is at least OFFERED to pay back what you accepted as donations.

That's just common decency.

Like i keep saying... it's the timeline.
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Katana, you're not understanding why some people are upset. No one is saying that the money you received wasn't used properly. But if you receive money donated because of the goodwill of some Acurazine members, and then two months later post a thread about online poker and other money-spending events, people are going to wonder how badly you really needed the money in the first place. So people are wondering whether you accepted money that you really did not need. Get it?

I don't know about you, but if my life became so bad that I need money from people on here, there's no way I'd be able to get back on my feet and have the disposable income to play online poker two months later.
Ok, so what if he does understand that point. What do you guys what him to do about it?? Apoligize? Would that change anything??

Katana, just give the money back dude. Its only $270 or whatever.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
Katana, we are a community, a small, tightly knit one.

You didn't get donations from Random people who read your plight in the local paper...they read it here, a place you've resided for many years...with just this difference, your example is completely flawed.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Go B's Go

just play cards with friends on some designated night, 10 dollar buy in or something and thats all that you can loose.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Acurazine OG.

Well guys, I've made the tough decision to leave this forum. Its been good to me for the past few years, but nonetheless, its time to go.
That's fine... but, I wouldn't ask anyone on here to spring for your 'going away party.'
Senior Moderator

Received 6,862 Likes on 3,482 Posts

Christ, I'm a fat chick! WTF did I do to deserve this??
BTW Kats, I don't fault you for doing what you did, what are you supposed to do, live a life of poverty now that you took some donations in your time of need? Better judgment could have been used about posting on the poker thang but people here should be glad that you made a financial comeback of sorts instead of crucifying you. Hang out Eric, don't let the comments scare you away and think before you post!

Originally Posted by joerockt
Ok, so what if he does understand that point. What do you guys what him to do about it?? Apoligize? Would that change anything??

he should give back donations?
Old 02-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

If he understood my point, he wouldn't have started this dumb-ass "I'm leaving because everyone is giving me shit" thread, which, IMO, has made him look even worse.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:32 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
If he understood my point, he wouldn't have started this dumb-ass "I'm leaving because everyone is giving me shit" thread, which, IMO, has made him look even worse.
Most addicts alive in there addiction will run from critisism.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Just dial 1911

he should give back donations?
If he dosent want this apparent heat any more. Seems to me its the only way to save face since thats what in dispute. Either that or leave and dont come back like he's planning on doing. Which, I think, is a way out...
Old 02-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Just dial 1911

So again, my question to you (were you a donator?), WHAT do you what him to do?

If he dosent want this apparent heat any more. Seems to me its the only way to save face since thats what in dispute. Either that or leave and dont come back like he's planning on doing. Which, I think, is a way out...

if you were one of the people that donated, would you want the money back?
Keeping emos out of

Naw, i wouldn't want the money back, but i sure as hell wouldn't appreciate it if he spent it on gambling.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I just spent 15 minutes wasting my life away readin this....I think everybody should stop acting like overly sensitive women and get the fuck over it...What's up with all these overly dramatic "soap opera" like threads lately? I know I have the option to not read and/or reply, but this it a joke!
Old 02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Banned

So again, my question to you (were you a donator?), WHAT do you what him to do?
I already said that if I came across a large windfall like Katana said he did, I'd pay people back. But personally, I would have never accepted the money in the first place.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Just dial 1911

if you were one of the people that donated, would you want the money back?
I didnt donate, but its pretty obvious that people are pissed because they think their money went to gambling. So, if he gives it back, then no harm no foul...
Old 02-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoofin
I just spent 15 minutes wasting my life away readin this....I think everybody should stop acting like overly sensitive women and get the fuck over it...
take away this thread and the 2 gambling threads, and none of this would have happened.

i think Eric wanted to bring this to a head.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Keeping emos out of

Here Here Cosmo Kramer, the voice of reason. This thread is starting to sound like a bunch of whiny bitches at a cocktail party. If Katana wants to leave or take some time away from the board, he shouldn't have to start a thread about it, just leave. It's similiar to someone who's talking about suicide for attention. If they're serious about it, they go ahead and do it.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Just dial 1911

I already said that if I came across a large windfall like Katana said he did, I'd pay people back. But personally, I would have never accepted the money in the first place.
Ok, well there you go Katana...Thats your way out...

Originally Posted by mattg
take away this thread and the 2 gambling threads, and none of this would have happened.

i think Eric wanted to bring this to a head.

are you suggesting that eric (katana) is asking for help with his gambling addiction?

perhaps we should donate some money to pay for the gamblers announmous classes?
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoofin
I just spent 15 minutes wasting my life away readin this....I think everybody should stop acting like overly sensitive women and get the fuck over it...What's up with all these overly dramatic "soap opera" like threads lately? I know I have the option to not read and/or reply, but this it a joke!

like no one here ever spent discretionary money on shit when they could have saved it instead
Old 02-27-2005, 01:40 PM

Ok, well there you go Katana...Thats your way out...

but will his gambling addiction be cured?

will acurazine members have to read about future losses?

they way i see it, he has a bigger problem on hand...

Quick Reply: I am leaving Acurazine (Major Drama wha wha post)