I am leaving Acurazine (Major Drama wha wha post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am leaving Acurazine (Major Drama wha wha post)

Well guys, I've made the tough decision to leave this forum. Its been good to me for the past few years, but nonetheless, its time to go.

The main reason is for the constant accusations of using the Donation Thread money for reasons other than it was intended for. I am not going to post threads about things that I either want to buy, or places to visit, or things to do with the constant snide remarks about this subject. I've made it very clear in previous threads about this, and I feel its come to a head.

The Donation Thread was a very good thing. I didnt ask for it, but Brad (rodxx) offered up the idea, and at the time, I really could have used a few extra bucks. So he went ahead with it, and it became a sticky for a little while. I sincerely appreciated everyone who donated, and thanked them all via PM and offered my help if they were ever in the Orlando area. That offer still stands.

So for once and for all, I am going to disclose the amount of the donations, and what the money went to. I will not disclose any of the people who donated. I feel that should remain private.

Total Donation = $274.50

$150 of that went towards bandages, gauze pads, and burn cream.
$75 went towards my utilities bill
$25 to fill up my gas tank
$25 for misc. items, like lunch, and whatever other little things I needed.

Thats it. The money was used exactly what was intended for. Nothing else. Again, I am extremely grateful towards the people who donated. Thank you.

Moving on, I am no longer in any financial trouble. Many of you just assume I am. Dont accuse unless you know the whole story. I post a lot of things, but not everything.

The hospital and I have settled on an amount, and I am currently paying monthly to get my bill taken care of. I am not going to file bankruptcy for this.
I also came into quite a bit of money. When I started working again, I got a nice sign on bonus. I also cashed in some stocks that I had been given to me when I was 18, and I also cashed in all my savings bonds from when I was in the Army.

I am also making a very decent salary and can now easily again afford all the things that just a few short months ago, I couldnt.

In many threads, it has been said that I am a 'shame' or 'idiot' or 'need to get my priorities straight'. Just like I'm sure you guys dont disclose everything that goes on in your life, neither do I. I've taken care of everything I've need to, and if that makes me an 'idiot' or a 'shame', then so be it.

You know, having those comments said to you does hurt. I post things that happen to me which are interesting. I'm sure all of us here do some messed up stuff, but most dont post it. I do. Its just an internet forum.

About the whole 'grow up' and 'get priorities straight' issue, what can I say to that? I've never been in jail, never been arrested, served a tour overseas in the Army, have single handedly taken care of my sister since she was 15, and have been supporting myself since I was 18. In my eyes, I feel as though I've done alright. Might not be the richest guy around, but I'm happy.

As for the Poker thing, what can I say. In high school, I was always playing sports. After that, I was really into my car, and spent thousands on that. Then I was really into my bike, spent money on that, and now thats done. Now the poker. I spend money on that, and have fun. So what. It'll probably pass like everything else.

On the closing note, I do not really want to leave, but I'm not gonna deal with comments and remarks on every thread, like has been happening. You could ask any of the people who have met me, including Killer, Minch, Rodxx, dzuy, and dabuda, among others, how I am. I'm sure most of them would say I'm an alright guy.

I'll stick around for a little while, read the responses, answer some, and take it from there.

Eric
Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i bet you come back
Old 02-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
oh boo hoo Eric.

can't take the criticism, then think about the things you say.

you'll be back.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
whoring drama queen!

Ahhh I'm kidding... you're all right.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Just the facts...

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I bet 274.50 that he makes a new name or views the pages w/o signing in
Old 02-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who cares what others say... If it's not one thing it's another.. Fuck it..
Old 02-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I have no idea what the problem is, I haven't noticed all the stuff you are talking about. With that said, I think this post will just bring people to post "i told you so's" and stuff like that. I guess you asked people of this forum for donations, which some people took offense to. Now you have said that you have since cashed in bonds that you have had for a while and sold stocks which you have had for years. Don't you think these people will ask why didn't you do that before asking others for their money? Anyway, good luck with whatever you do, whether you stick around here or not.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

btw, nobody said you're not an alright guy, but accepting donations 1 month, and gambling away the same amount 2 months later is pretty fucking hypocritical!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
man dont leave...just take a break and cool off...i know how it is...i just take a break and its cool later..

chillax
Old 02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Astroboy
oh boo hoo Eric.

can't take the criticism, then think about the things you say.

you'll be back.

I can deal with one thread full of critiscims. But damn, every freakin thread I go to, or post on, its the same shit. Not trying to deal with that.

Originally Posted by justinx73

See, thats what I'm talking about. Oh well. Come meet me in Orlando sometime, and I'll show you what I spent the money on.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Suzuka Master

I've always kept quiet on your threads but I just want to say that it was in poor taste on your part accepting money from forum members recently and then posting about your gambling habits. Even though you did not use the money donated from members on your gambling habit, it was of poor taste and a slap to the face of those that donated. I personally would have kept quiet for some time, but again, its your decision.

Anyway, you will be back.. Almost everyone comes back. This place is like crack.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Just the facts...

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Katana18
see thats talking about. Oh well. Come meet me in Orlando sometime, and I'll show you what I spent the money on.
I do live in orlando, and uhh...its a joke man

don't take everything so serious, exsp. certain people
Old 02-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

btw, nobody said you're not an alright guy, but accepting donations 1 month, and gambling away the same amount 2 months later is pretty fucking hypocritical!

Well, the stocks were less than I paid for them, and the bonds werent fully matured yet, so I lost either way. I never though about the donation stuff, Brad did, and I thought it wasnt a bad idea. Looking back, I wish I would have said no.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:10 PM

Jerky, justinx73, GreenMonster, 2001AudiS4, mattg, SG81, jack_n_coke, 6mtV6

watching
Old 02-27-2005, 12:11 PM

katana...if you leave...can i have your post count?

hahah just kidding...just relax man...go for a run...why do you want to break up with us? we'll be better...we promise to leave the toliet seat down!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

i dunno Eric, i kinda see it like this...

the people who donated to you, did so under the impression you were upon hard times, and needed the money....If you came into the "large sum of money" that you suggest you did, why not send a thank you card, a small gift, or something...heck, even all the money back to those who donated...do you not think they could use the money themselves? wouldn't the good feeling that would leave with you, be even better than the momentary thrill of throwing it away on a single hand of POKER?

If that's not fair, or understandable to you, then good riddance mang.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Eric, just ignore the comments, i'm sure they'll disappear. you know no one wants to see you leave.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

spend a little $, buy mod title from
and ban those
Old 02-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

the people who donated to you, did so under the impression you were upon hard times, and needed the money....If you came into the "large sum of money" that you suggest you did, why not send a thank you card, a small gift, or something...heck, even all the money back to those who donated...do you not think they could use the money themselves? wouldn't the good feeling that would leave with you, be even better than the momentary thrill of throwing it away on a single hand of POKER?

I don't mean to keep adding my but I just wanted to comment that I agree 110% with the statement above. I couldn't have said it better myself. I really do think you need to take these comments to heart.

I'm done commenting. I like your posts here and I think you are a great member of the AZ community. I just think this needs to be resolved and we can all move on.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Banned

It wasnt an impression that I was upon hard times, I was on upon hard times. Like I said, I sent PMs to all that donated and offered my sincere thanks along with any help if they were ever in the Orlando area. If they would like me to send the money back, I will do that. PM me, and I'll send the money back.

But on that same logic, if you donated to, say, a tsunami victim, would you ask for the money back once they got on their feet?
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by matelot
spend a little $, buy mod title from
and ban those
so you think eric is the victim here? i think he made some poor choices.

maybe he isn't completely wrong, but he certainly isn't completely right either.
Contagious

Well, the stocks were less than I paid for them, and the bonds werent fully matured yet, so I lost either way. I never though about the donation stuff, Brad did, and I thought it wasnt a bad idea. Looking back, I wish I would have said no.

Wait, wait, wait. You said in the first post that the stocks were given to you. Then you say here that they are worth less than what you paid for them.

Which is it? It would seem to me if you were given some stocks, then you didn't lose anything at all. Am I wrong on this assumption? And if you did buy them, then why would you say they were given to you.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CCns24
Wait, wait, wait. You said in the first post that the stocks were given to you. Then you say here that they are worth less than what you paid for them.

Which is it? It would seem to me if you were given some stocks, then you didn't lose anything at all. Am I wrong on this assumption? And if you did buy them, then why would you say they were given to you.

Hold on, let me get my personal finance book, just for you. They were given to me by my grandfather. He paid for them. Sorry if I mistyped. Lot goin on in this thread.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Katana...dude...chillax dont leave

ur so drama....

Old 02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Unhappy

If they would like me to send the money back, I will do that. PM me, and I'll send the money back.

Are you for REAL?

it's their responsibility to ASK for the money back?

You quite obviously don't get it, that's too bad, I always thought that you were a cool dude. :surrender
Old 02-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok everyone get it out of your systems..
Old 02-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If they would like me to send the money back, I will do that. PM me, and I'll send the money back.

I think thats the only way to get over this. Pay everyone back (although, are any of the people who are bitching at you the ones who donated? I mean, the people who donated may not even give a shit, but whatever), then continue doing whatever the fuck you want to do. The money you recieved was a donation, but it seems alot of people are viewing it as a loan, and that you are somehow in debt to these people. So pay them back, and people will no longer be able to play the "you took money from people and now you are spending it carelessly/gambling it away" card. As far as your gambling goes, I don't know enough about you to say whether its a problem or not, just be careful.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Go B's Go

Originally Posted by Jerky
man dont leave...just take a break and cool off...i know how it is...i just take a break and its cool later..

chillax
maybe take a month off or something
Old 02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hold on, let me get my personal finance book, just for you. They were given to me by my grandfather. He paid for them. Sorry if I mistyped. Lot goin on in this thread.

So you mistyped the fact that the Stocks were given to you rathr than being worth less than waht you paid for them. Your personal finances are none of my business but at least keep your story straight.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you for REAL?

it's their responsibility to ASK for the money back?

You quite obviously don't get it, that's too bad, I always thought that you were a cool dude. :surrender
Astro is right, they shouldn't have to ask, you should just sit down and start righting out the checks and send the money back asap, or you will continute to get flamed anytime you talk about anything having to do with money.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I'm sorry, but I just cannot feel bad for you in this situation. Not trying to sound harsh or anything. I have fallen on hard times before. Probably worse off then you. Lost my house and more as a matter of fact. I didn't ask anyone for help. I didn't have others ask for help on my behalf. I just worked through it and am doing the best I can. You did come here after all this and then posted some stuff that was in poor judgement on your behalf. All that is done with, but now you have become extremely defensive when people take offense to some of these actions. What is it that you do for a living that has allowed you to go from completely broke, considering bankruptcy and asking for help from others to being "well off" and able to blow money on card games?
Old 02-27-2005, 12:40 PM
Contagious

Look asswipe, I was just trying to figure out how you lost out again (which obviously you didn't).

You try to get some sympathy saying you sold something for a loss, when you didn't. You didn't lose jack shit. And I'll bet you didn't lose out on the bonds either.

Grow the fuck up
Old 02-27-2005, 12:41 PM
Go B's Go

i dont think this thread is solving anything, only making things worse

Old 02-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Other then personal attacks this thread could be productive..
Old 02-27-2005, 12:45 PM

wow big audience

Jerky, Shadzilla, soopa, Chief F1 Fan, Jonesi, synth19, justinx73, badboy, Katana18, O-Town_TypeS, haiduc, TypeSAddict
Old 02-27-2005, 12:45 PM

im sure soopa is crafting a very meaninful and well thought out email right now...
Old 02-27-2005, 12:46 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by justinx73
He's not going anywhere.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Contagious

Soopa's just deciding when to pull the plug on this one.....
Old 02-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

I think Jerky has become the Official Acurazine Commentator
Old 02-27-2005, 12:48 PM
is Pretty Much a Moron

:quickly seeks out drama llama picture:

Quick Reply: I am leaving Acurazine (Major Drama wha wha post)