Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)

Old 06-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Firing a rifle anywhere near a highway has to be a crime. You would think the officer has probable cause of a crime occurring and would arrest these guys pending the outcome of an investigation.

Something doesn't seem right.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Maybe they were under surveillance and the police were ordered to let them go so that they can lead us to their leader :ibken:
Old 06-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm just reading this for the first time and i absolutely cannot believe that some of you guys believe this. if anything....he has MOST if not all the facts mixed up. I bet you anything, when the real story emerges, we find no less than 95% of the facts totally inaccurate and blown out of proportion.

You know like, ok there were actually two white hunters. They didn't admit to shooting anything and the rifle was actually a .22....and it was the driver's rifle, found in his trunk, the police ran it...clean...they gave it BACK to him, sent the innocent hunters on their way....yadda yadda yadda.

You are a terrible BSers and especially lame with the details. I can't believe you guys bought this, Ron should be banned permanently. You don't know if it was an AK47 unless you heard automatic gunfire. Sure an AK47 will fire on semi-automatic but the only way you would know is if you read the stamping on the rifle...sometimes even the cops don't know what model weapon they see. A full-auto AK47 is >$1000, probably closer to $2k. If you have the weapon, give us a partial serial number and if it is an AK-47 you will be able to tell us the one key item stamped on there that will let us all know "yes, that's an AK-47 alright." Better yet, a pic of the weapon's receiver will do just fine.

And the bullet hole, let's see it. Nothing unusual about the penetration at a distance and the path it took, even the secondary missile....do you have the bullet, did you recover it or fragments?

We won't even get into what happened with LEO. I know you weren't compensated on the spot, that's lame. You can't transfer a class III weapon to anyone on the street without a transfer tax and a background, not even in Florida....that's Federal. Law Whoever has that weapon in their possession right now and the LEO who ordered that transfer could/would go straight to jail for that sometime tomorrow, no questions.

What else...this is silly, why can't you tell us what really happened without all the embellishment?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Race Director

AK47 is an illegal weapon in Canada. You cannot buy them there, you cannot own them there. You certainly cannot cross the border with one. You cannot buy an AK47 or legally own one anywhere in the US while holding a Canadian passport. Therefore the AK47 is illegal and would be conficated because such a weapon would never "check out" as ok. His name couldn't possibly be listed as the owner. Impossible.

You are so totally wrong it is ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by kensteele
i'm just reading this for the first time and i absolutely cannot believe that some of you guys believe this. if anything....he has MOST if not all the facts mixed up. I bet you anything, when the real story emerges, we find no less than 95% of the facts totally inaccurate and blown out of proportion.

You know like, ok there were actually two white hunters. They didn't admit to shooting anything and the rifle was actually a .22....and it was the driver's rifle, found in his trunk, the police ran it...clean...they gave it BACK to him, sent the innocent hunters on their way....yadda yadda yadda.

You are a terrible BSers and especially lame with the details. I can't believe you guys bought this, Ron should be banned permanently. You don't know if it was an AK47 unless you heard automatic gunfire. Sure an AK47 will fire on semi-automatic but the only way you would know is if you read the stamping on the rifle...sometimes even the cops don't know what model weapon they see. A full-auto AK47 is >$1000, probably closer to $2k. If you have the weapon, give us a partial serial number and if it is an AK-47 you will be able to tell us the one key item stamped on there that will let us all know "yes, that's an AK-47 alright." Better yet, a pic of the weapon's receiver will do just fine.

And the bullet hole, let's see it. Nothing unusual about the penetration at a distance and the path it took, even the secondary missile....do you have the bullet, did you recover it or fragments?

We won't even get into what happened with LEO. I know you weren't compensated on the spot, that's lame. You can't transfer a class III weapon to anyone on the street without a transfer tax and a background, not even in Florida....that's Federal. Law Whoever has that weapon in their possession right now and the LEO who ordered that transfer could/would go straight to jail for that sometime tomorrow, no questions.

What else...this is silly, why can't you tell us what really happened without all the embellishment?

Ken I would have thought that you of all people would be aware that it is standard law enforcement practice in small hick towns in central Florida to let the foreign black and middle eastern Muslim men go after they discharge assault rifles along busy Florida highways striking passing cars. And last year the Florida legislature approved an addendum to thelaw that allows the party struck by said assault rifle fire to take the weapon in lieu of formal compensation

Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Race Director

also, so let me get this straight. the people who shot at you, from the triangle patch of grass, you were driving along going around the curve, preparing to go eastbound when you took a shot in the driver's side door. with the shooter behind you (west of you), you pulled over facing east, you meet a westbound warden who has to do a u-turn and is now heading east, just like you. he then takes off, heading east, to pull over the perpetrators a mile ahead, which is east of you....i guess they guys drove right past you AFTER they shot you, huh?

you can only see a mile ahead of you, if the warden caught them that fast, he had to have seen them pass you and him both. Your story seems to say that the warden saw this guys leave the woods and blow past him (and you) before he made the u-turn....to come back and stop to talk to you....and then jump back in his car and pull them over within a mile? this after you first made a call to regular LEO first? how far down the road from that triangle patch were you when you pulled over? after you got show, how long did it take you to pull over? i'm wondering how the warden knew who to pull over unless you were close enough to see that patch from where you were stopped. How far down did the warden go before he made the u-turn to come back to you? how did you recognize the warden from the other side of a divided highway?

just questions, trying to fill in the story with the "details."
Old 06-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Maybe the police officer in question used to work for the Taliban. I believe this is SOP for accidental shootings in the backhills of Afghanistan.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Pics or BS!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Who am I?

My friend that knows Ron personally said he got picked up by the feds a little earlier

I'm lying by the way.........
Old 06-13-2006, 02:10 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by thatguy
My friend that knows Ron personally said he got picked up by the feds a little earlier

I'm lying by the way.........[/COLOR]

Yeah seein that he was posting late at night I am sure the FBI didn't come to his house at 1 am
Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kensteele

If this story isn't true, it begs the question, why would he make this up and post here? I personally have smelled from the get go...but the one thing that keeps a question mark in my head is why would someone come on here and make this crap up? you would have to be some sort of pathetic attention whore liar.

If this turns out to be false, which I think is very very likely, this guy should be perma banned IMHO.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:00 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver
Did you get to keep the truck?

Ken ownz this thread.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
the story makes absolutely no sense, but I have faith in Ron. Can't see any reason for him to make this crap up and post about it.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Make an mp3 recording of the call

FBI Jacksonville
Suite 200
7820 Arlington Expressway
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-7499
jacksonville.fbi.gov
(904) 721-1211
this building must be very low key or plain.. this is just a minute from my house and ive never seen the thing before.

omg the FBI are near me
Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Astroboy
the story makes absolutely no sense, but I have faith in Ron. Can't see any reason for him to make this crap up and post about it.

Disclaimer: Robb & "Big Nasty", as he was named, used too butt fuck in Halo 2.

That doesn't change the fact that "Ron" is an idiot and the fact that this story is either COMPLETE 100% BULLSHIT, or Ken hit the nail on the head. The facts are probably 95% fantasy. I'm with Ken in betting there were two white guys out hunting too close to the highway.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I was wondering why Robb has so much faith in Ron.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:41 AM
#include

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it were anywhere besides Florida I'd jump on the bs bandwagon. With all the other oddball stuff that seems to go on there this might fall well in line.

Too bad the killdozer didn't happen in Florida.

He said he would post pics, so I figure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until those are posted.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:43 AM
The Creator

Originally Posted by Nykor
If it were anywhere besides Florida I'd jump on the bs bandwagon. With all the other oddball stuff that seems to go on there this might fall well in line.

Too bad the killdozer didn't happen in Florida.

He said he would post pics, so I figure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until those are posted.
They all say they'll post pics.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Team Owner

I'm going to go with believing the story as well, not so much because I actually believe it but because I want to avoid taking the same side as the majority of you meatheads. Oh, and I've always like taking risks on longshots.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Race Director

while the story isnt plausible, this IS florida, and well, stupid shit happens here.

Ive had a fair share of stupid police officers and I live in a large metropolitan area, so I can only imagine what those backwood hick officers are like.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Pre 9/11 (a very, very rare chance this would be true as stated)

Post 9/11:

Old 06-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by eclipse23

Post 9/11:

Old 06-13-2006, 09:39 AM
The Creator

fucking ernie.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Old 06-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Race Director

@ ernie
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by soopa
That doesn't change the fact that "Ron" is an idiot and the fact that this story is either COMPLETE 100% BULLSHIT, or Ken hit the nail on the head. The facts are probably 95% fantasy.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story Soopa
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
The Bearwok

I am totally late in the game here but when i was 13 i "accidentally" shot at a car with a BB gun. I had 3 counts charged against me and had to go through all sorts of juvenile diversion, probation, written apologies, and community service type stuff.

And i am a citizen. Either those cops are idoits, or i am calling
Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Once more into the breach

Why make it up is my question?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
old school

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by eclipse23

Post 9/11:

Nice.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

So where is/has Ron been since last posting on this thread yesterday morning???
Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by t_in_maine

Hopefully not tied up in his basement
Old 06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by t_in_maine
Al Qaeda came to his house and took him to Dirka Dirkastan.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Race Director

Maybe he forgot he was supposed to post pics.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by zeroday
Maybe he forgot he was supposed to post pics.

Or he's having a hard time locating a AK that he can take pics of to validate his story.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
call homeland security
Old 06-13-2006, 12:33 PM
On the way!

Maybe he got stopped for a speeding ticket with the AK in the back seat and is now in lock-up????
Old 06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Or he's having a hard time locating a AK that he can take pics of to validate his story.
If so, he can PM me for some..
Old 06-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dom

What, the computer rendered one wasn't sufficient?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

EXCLUSIVE first pic of the man that shot at Ron and who the police let go as well as the AK-47 that was given to Ron's friend in compensation for getting shot:

Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

I thought Ron said he was a Canadian? That man is clearly a US citizen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)