Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
I head it directly from the Homeland security officer.

What is a Homeland Security officer?

What specific agency was he with?
Old 06-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
Who said that? Did the "FBI" say that, or did you just throw that in there for effect?

I'm just trying to figure out why 1.) Someone involved in something serious would be shooting rounds off for fun down in florida 2.) would stick around after shooting a car 3.) wouldn't kill you 4.) would give real information to you/police 5.) would honestly try to get their gun back 6.) would wait around for you and/or police to call/find them a week after the fact.

Your story as you tell it just doesn't add up. Just because you lick Robb's ass clean doesn't mean I'm inclined to believe you.

Obviously, as you've proven, something out of the ordinary happened here. I'm still going, and I'll be bashed for this now, with Ken in his theory that 95% of the facts are twisted and you're telling a tale.
It isn't my desire to dispute the validity of the story or not, but the above point raises a few questions for me. Specifically in the area of the claimed Canadian and his ownership of the gun in question. Assault rifles, such as the one pictured, is a prohibited weapon in Canada. And as such is subject to very stringent laws regarding ownership and transportation. Obtaining such a gun in Canada is only lawful if the gun is "grandfathered", meaning it was owned by the individual before our current gun laws came into effect in the 90's. Even before ownership can be realized the individual must complete a training course AND is subject to an extensive background check. This check includes, but not limited to, having contact with a spouse. Referrals must be supplied as well. If ANY illegal activity or criminal record is discovered the guns MUST be surrendered. The application is so detailed even questions such as employment and bankruptcy concerns are addressed.

If the applicant passes the screening stage, he or she may purchase both restricted and non restricted weapons. If the applicant already posses a prohibited weapon he or she may purchase another. Upon purchase then the guns MUST be properly stored in a locked case/closet and trigger locked as well. The gun can ONLY be transported to the range and back for target practice. A separate permit is needed for this, and is subject to may restrictions. Assault weapons, for the most part, cannot be shot at regular range. In short gun ownership in Canada is highly regulated and enforced.

If this story is true, and again it is not my desire to agree or dispute this incident, the claimed Canadian is absolutely violating EVERY law in regards to gun ownership and transportation. I read earlier he has a prior convictions, and if such would not be entitled to own this, or any other weapon, in any way whatsoever. If he is Canadian and posses it then it is done so illegally and may have been stolen from a legitimate collector, and must be turned back to him or her. Not turned over to a third party. I can't even begin to go into the transportation laws he is violating. If this story is true, then perhaps there is more detail involved, such as being a citizen of another country and using a stolen Canadian passport.

Terry
Old 06-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver™

Exactly. There are many agencies that make up the homeland security dept. No such thing as "Homeland securtiy officer/agent"
Old 06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver™

This story is so bogus.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
The pictures go a long way...but wouldn't this be on the news regardless of whether Ron Burgundy wants it to be or not?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not ready to give in yet, sorry you just gotta hang in there a little longer with me. Like I said, I do believe something happened, that is a weapon, not an AK-47, but just another firearm ok so we know there are firearms in FL, and that is a bullet hole. That's about all we know for sure.

With that, you guys are willing to believe those are Federal agents, that the weapon was properly registered to a Canadian citizen, that the shooter is felon, that the LEO on the scene forced the suspect to pay for damages on the spot using a firearm, that the LEO transfered a weapon to the victim who's background wasn't even checked out could be a criminal, that transfer was made on the side of the highway out of his trunk?

do you believe the shooter was linked to terrorism but carried a passport with him on the street? do you believe the evidence, the weapon, that was used for maybe even a possible crime, chain of custody of that evidence was lost by giving the weapon to the victim?

are you guys ready to believe all this or just some of this? I'm not quite ready to believe everything it so sorry if I'm still a doubter but I need more time...and more proof. I haven't seen the proof of everything yet. Maybe it will come, maybe it won't since this appears to have turned the corner. But somehow I get the feeling we are being hoodwinked. Maybe when the newspaper article or press come out....

I just think he got his facts all mixed up. For example, when he says the weapon checked out, what he probably meant was the system didn't show anything unusual on that weapon's serial number. But the way Ron says it, the serial number comes back properly registered to the shooter, who holds a Canadian passport.

I did post the question in an AK forum to get some feedback for those more knowledgeable about firearms than me (but it appears we have a lot of experts here).

We don't just have one or two laws violated here. There are at least a dozen violations across two country, not only by the police but by the shooter AND the victim (accepting ownership of a firearm not registered to you is a crime, I wouldn't have touched that weapon no matter what). Normally I would give in, but at this point I can't sign up to saying all those facts are "facts"....not yet.

Ron shot his truck and got in a little trouble. You answered all of Adam's questions, how about a couple of mine...but if you don't I understand since you guys think I'm being unfair to Ron.

And if you see all most posts disappear when the true indictments come down and this story breaks, I promise to wear one of those shirts and post my apology in it's place.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
The pictures go a long way...but wouldn't this be on the news regardless of whether Ron Burgundy wants it to be or not?

I would say it would be on the news if these guys actually make an arrest or find out that they put a stop to something that was in the works
Old 06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Yeehaw

^ I still think it's
Old 06-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If someone emais this link to a few big stations which are always quick to jump to conclusions I am sure it would easily make the news.

So... No such thing as a homeland security officer. Maybe Al Quada tapped the police line and sent their own men over

And I wanted to take a road trip down to florida

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

http://www.local6.com/news/9251962/detail.html

Police in Orlando, Fla., are searching for three men who went on an early-morning crime spree armed with an AK-47 assault rifle, shooting one person, according to a Local 6 News report.

Investigators said the men first shot and apparently robbed a man at the Palms Apartments on Mercy Drive early Monday.

The group then apparently traveled about two miles down the road and approached Damon Christopher and robbed him of money and a cell phone, Local 6 News reported.

"The guy with the AK was like, 'Shoot him,'" Christopher said. "When I ran back to the house, I told my wife to call the police."

Officers canvassed the area and there were no other reports of crimes.

The men are considered armed and dangerous and may be traveling in a Dodge Stratus sedan.

Police said they will attempt to track the men using the cell phones they stole from both victims.

The man shot at the Palms Apartments was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Anyone with information concerning these crimes is urged to call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Ron, were they in a Stratus
Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Yes, we got there just as the Police picked it up and talked to the...

but The driver is getting the weapon back...there was an agreement made at teh scene that the gun would be to cover the damages

it was a legit trade per the officers tonight..although they may be saying that to cover their 'brothers' but never less we have 3 witnesses + 2 officers all understanding that the weapon will be back to the driver.

What kind of real proof are you looking for?
Omicron? Is that you?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by pebecl97
Police said they will attempt to track the men using the cell phones they stole from both victims.
wtf?

why the fuck would they publish that
Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Thriller

Interesting. I'm done eating crow so I can't swing back to b.s. side of the issue. Ron this better be your story!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Race Director

i should also add you guys shouldn't be so quick to say the facts are all in, not just yet. but i will admit this. i thought there wasn't even a shooting but turns out i was wrong, can't dispute the weapon and the bullet hole. so if that is your truck, sorry to see it take on that kind of damage. and you're probably still a bit shaken, if that bullet had even struck you in the leg, there's a good chance it could have caused some serious damage, could have even been fatal. this is not some 22 bullet or a handgun bullet, you could have easily died from someone else's stupidity. so i apologize if i have in any way minizimed the pain and shock that you could be feeling from such a traumatic incident. i am being sincere here.

but i'd like more proof about the other stuff please. i can eat a little bit more crow yet but damn this one is going down a little hard.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
The Creator

This makes "Ron's" story even more implausible.

So Orlando police have been actively seeking out men who shot someone with what was or looked like an AK-47 a few weeks ago...

... then they find 2 random guys with what looked like an AK-47, and they let them go?

WTF?!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Race Director

Police in Orlando, Fla., are searching for three men who went on an early-morning crime spree armed with an AK-47 assault rifle, shooting one person, according to a Local 6 News report.

Investigators said the men first shot and apparently robbed a man at the Palms Apartments on Mercy Drive early Monday.

The group then apparently traveled about two miles down the road and approached Damon Christopher and robbed him of money and a cell phone, Local 6 News reported.

"The guy with the AK was like, 'Shoot him,'" Christopher said. "When I ran back to the house, I told my wife to call the police."

The men are considered armed and dangerous and may be traveling in a Dodge Stratus sedan.

The man shot at the Palms Apartments was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Anyone with information concerning these crimes is urged to call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS.

oh snap! i thought that was the story just now coming down the wire!

can't be ron's story, facts don't match up. could be related tho i guess.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kensteele
oh snap! i thought that was the story!

can't be ron's story, facts don't match up. could be related tho i guess.

No, just interesting to see how the AK 47 has become Florida's official automatic weapon of choice
Old 06-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by soopa
This makes "Ron's" story even more implausible.

So Orlando police have been actively seeking out men who shot someone with what was or looked like an AK-47 a few weeks ago...

... then they find 2 random guys with what looked like an AK-47, and they let them go?

WTF?!

Weird, huh?

They should have been all over them
Old 06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
old school

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Exactly. There are many agencies that make up the homeland security dept. No such thing as "Homeland securtiy officer/agent"

Old 06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
how handsome I am

holy dang. What's going on now? Ron speaks da troof?
Old 06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Team Owner

So tempting to email this link to the Sentinel...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
lol... or the herald.. if you do, I'll get a copy and clip the story + shoot pics for the board..
Old 06-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

I'm not sending anyone anything - this is Ron's show.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Always Dirty
doooooooooooo ittt!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
No, just interesting to see how the AK 47 has become Florida's official automatic weapon of choice
Damnit, I dont want to have anything in common with Florida
Old 06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

This thread reminds me of the horrible place which is called R&P. No matter how much proof you throw at people they just don't believe you, I can fully say I know why Bush is still in power and still has backers.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Looks like you need to find a less popular gun, AK's are a dime-a-dozen
Old 06-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Looks like you need to find a less popular gun, AK's are a dime-a-dozen

Its a great gun, its unfortunately the favorite of a lot of idiots worldwide. Sort of like Integras and ricers
Old 06-15-2006, 02:01 PM
GÜNnµ ˇĎ

This thread has kept me busy all day. I cant wait till everything developes and I see more info comming in. I think Ron is at school, so he might post more when he is out.

But that link with the police looking for men with AK-47 and then letting these 2 goon go is like WTF. Like others have said, the police should of been on these 2 guys by the dozen!!

Wierd Orlando police, giving the gun to someone who has probably not even been background checked before.

My brother has an Ak, he had to wait about 3-4 days till he was able to get ahold of his rifle.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Pit Stop?

I can assure you there are NO terrorists on Mercy Drive

It's too pop pop pop westsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide down there to let ANYONE else in.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Suzuka Master

It's unlikely a leg wound would have killed him... It could put him in a screwy situation if it was the femoral, but more than likely they would have made it to a hospital. However, if you manage to accidently discharge your weapon in public and hit a moving target I think you should probably not be allowed to posess or at the very least carry for a while.

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by crazymjb
It's unlikely a leg wound would have killed him... It could put him in a screwy situation if it was the femoral, but more than likely they would have made it to a hospital. However, if you manage to accidently discharge your weapon in public and hit a moving target I think you should probably not be allowed to posess or at the very least carry for a while.

Mike
I was thinking more along the lines of [massive] bleeding out.

Also I would have thought the bullet would fragment after going thru the metal door but Ron says the police recovered a [intact] bullet. Hmmmm......
Old 06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kensteele
I was thinking more along the lines of [massive] bleeding out.

Also I would have thought the bullet would fragment after going thru the metal door but Ron says the police recovered a [intact] bullet. Hmmmm......
He's lucky it wasnt an AK-74
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeehaw

He's even luckier that none of this really happened
Old 06-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
He's even luckier that none of this really happened
Old 06-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts

He's lucky they weren't professional terrorists like these guys:

Old 06-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Team Owner

He never said his friend took the bullet in the leg, just a shard of plastic from the door.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
On the way!

Ahhh - the "Back to the Future" reference!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:38 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by JJ4Short
This thread reminds me of the horrible place which is called R&P. No matter how much proof you throw at people they just don't believe you, I can fully say I know why Bush is still in power and still has backers.
there's yet to be proof of the details as the story was given.

if anything, most of what he said alongside his pictures contradicts the facts as presented.

like robb, you're another video gaming / im'ing pal of Big Dumbass...

i strike your opinion from the record

Quick Reply: Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)