ZDX Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 08:25 AM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
ZDX Seat Covers

The seats in the 2010 ZDX are in great condition, but a few areas of wear starting to show on the driver's seat. Would like to slow the wear in these areas, but seat covers for the ZDX are rare and yet to find anything that would work for the driver's seat. Any suggestions from the ZDX "brain trust" here?
Old 12-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
This thread has my attention. My 2012 is low mileage, but whoever leased it obviously made a LOT of short trips, since the drivers seat leather is already cracking (Fla. heat, plus people who lease seldom apply leather preservative on a regular basis). I'm wondering what an auto upholsterer would charge to swap the driver's side seat covers with the passenger side (assuming that is feasible) before the leather is past saving? Would a wrecking yard sell only the upholstery, or hold out for the price of the entire seat assembly? Does Acura even stock replacement seat covers (or complete seats, for that matter) for such a low volume model? What are the chances of a custom leather dye lot matching the aged OEM upholstery? Would an aftermarket protective cover offer any real advantage, since likely only regular application of preservative will keep the leather from deteriorating?
Just thinking ahead.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:56 AM
J37A5

I am hoping to find a universal seat back cover that will work, and that I can remove easily to clean and condition the leather. The wear is on the left "pillar" of the driver's seat back. The area that gets "touched" seemingly every time the vehicle is entered and exited. I'll snap a pic and post it here. It's minimal at this point and want to keep it that way as long as possible. I really like the look of the Sumatra. Very cool but for some it's an odd color, but I think it looks great.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:03 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Wouldn’t the addition of a seat cover defeat the purpose of the ventilated seat not to mention take away from the great looking interior?
If you can, just purchase a new drivers side upper seat cover.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:48 PM
J37A5

Don't have the ventilated seats, just heated ones. Not sure how to even go about having the seat back leather replaced. My guess is pretty spendy, if I could even find someone to do it. Valid point about the temperature-controlled seats. Heated seats in the '16 RDX and they heat up just fine, but takes a bit longer to "feel" the warmth through the leather GT covers.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
For aftermarket seat covers, you should check out Coverking. Custom fitted to your exact preference of materials and color... My seats aren't badly cracking yet, but I would love to do two tone leather...
Old 12-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
@Dragon27, off topic but what are those raised white pieces on your front bumper (directly under the headlight)? I've seen them on other ZDXs but did not know what they were.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:17 AM
J37A5

I love the GT covers on the RDX. GT won't custom-make for the ZDX. I wanna know what the bumps are as well. Never seen them before, but I've only seen two on the road so far. Three if you count me watching my wife drive away from the house.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
off topic

Originally Posted by con5tant
@Dragon27, off topic but what are those raised white pieces on your front bumper (directly under the headlight)? I've seen them on other ZDXs but did not know what they were.
Headlight washers. I believe they were only available on Canadian Acura's. You can YouTube if unfamiliar.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
zdx have headlight washers in the tech package, which is the top model in canada. at the time we were looking to buy the zdx, we were looking at a us zdx with the advance package with the tech goodies but it was in rough condition for a used car. man i would trade the headlight washers for the advance package any day. too bad they didn't offer the advance package to canadians...