For those that have sold.....do you regret it?

Old 01-15-2016, 03:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
For those that have sold.....do you regret it?

Hello....I've been here since the beginning as the first ZDX owner in Colorado.
My 2010 ZDX is mint with only 19k miles...and I've been obsessed since the start with keeping it perfect. In the last year I've only driven it once. I'm a bachelor with several cars....and this one...I'm the only one who has even sat in it...leaving three seats Never used.
With the car sitting.....I'm considering selling it....but I hate regret. I've sold cars before without a tear.......and I've sold some with tears.
If you have sold your ZDX......did/do you regret that decision? Do you think its a bad idea to let it go?

I met with Acura US at Pebble Beach motor week in August...and they told me so many people still inquire about the ZDX and told me not to sell.

what are your thoughts...... H
Old 01-17-2016, 06:59 AM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my 2010 ZDX in white almost 6 years ago and still love it as much as when I first bought it. I only drive mine on weekends and have less than 10k miles. There have been lots of car manufacturers that have built similar cars in this class like the BMW X6 and X4, Mercedes GLE Coupe and others. I think some of those look pretty ugly, but the fastback design of the ZDX just has that wow factor of being sleek, futuristic looking and sexy. Last time I stopped to fill up at a gas station, a guy asked me if that was a brand new car. Had to smile since it does look new, but it's a rare car and Acura only built about 6,100 of them from 2010-2013. Acura built this as a niche car for singles or empty nesters that want more of a luxury car even though it's not as practical as an MDX or other crossover.

I guess you have to decide why you want to sell it. And why not drive it at least once a month even if it's for a few miles? I have 3 cars and still manage to drive all of them. If you're looking just to cut down on the number of cars or buy something else that has wowed you, I'm sure you'll make the right decision. I bought a Range Rover Evoque last year which also has that sleek modern look. But since I usually keep my cars at least 10 years, I personally would keep the ZDX and its one of the best cars I've ever owned.

Last edited by se92692; 01-17-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:10 AM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm very happy that the couple that originally owned my 2010 AWP/Sumatra ZDX Tech decided to trade. They traded it on 11/14/16 with 59,603 miles. I was blessed to find it the day it hit the lot for sale on 11/26/16 with 59,638 miles. I've already put 1200 miles on it. It's my daily driver and I am totally enamored with this Acura.

Old 06-06-2017, 02:03 PM
El Chulo...

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ZDXROCKSTAR
Hello....I've been here since the beginning as the first ZDX owner in Colorado.
My 2010 ZDX is mint with only 19k miles...and I've been obsessed since the start with keeping it perfect. In the last year I've only driven it once. I'm a bachelor with several cars....and this one...I'm the only one who has even sat in it...leaving three seats Never used.
With the car sitting.....I'm considering selling it....but I hate regret. I've sold cars before without a tear.......and I've sold some with tears.
If you have sold your ZDX......did/do you regret that decision? Do you think its a bad idea to let it go?

I met with Acura US at Pebble Beach motor week in August...and they told me so many people still inquire about the ZDX and told me not to sell.

what are your thoughts...... H
If you still want to sell it let me know ...
Old 06-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're just asking for opinions, I'll chime in. Unless it's something you must do, then I wouldn't sell. These are great cars and something to be said for exclusivity.... they're totally unique. I've only seen one other in Charlotte where I live. And I've had so many people ask about it- definitely a conversation starter. Since there were so few made, I vote keep it. Mine is also the 2010, but has 52k miles. I drive as my main car but work from home, and just drive to sales appts mainly. I have the pearl white, running boards, mud guards and a few other add ons....and after seeing a photo...saved to my album, I'm considering switching out the back spoiler for the painted one while I can still get it.

Last edited by Tiki; 06-07-2017 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Tried to paste photo
Old 06-15-2017, 11:37 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

I joined this forum only 6 months ago, and I have sold mine.
Do I regret it? Yes, but I had to due to things like rust and other electrical problems. All in all, for the price I was paying, I didn't feel gratified by the fact that I could've gotten a newer car with everything working instead of having to bear the pain to fix so many things.
In the short 6 months, I have driven A LOT, maybe 20k miles? LOL

Loved the ZDX to death, it was my first car and I'm still in love with it. Like others said, if you HAVE to change it due to your own GOOD reasons, we have no say. But I truly miss it.
FYI, I switched to a 2016 Lexus IS, but if someday Acura decides to make another SUV Coupe, i'll be the first one to jump back in.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:57 AM
J37A5

I am coming up on the 70,000 mile mark on my 2010. That will be 10,000 miles that I've driven since obtaining it on 11/26/16. My wife said the other day after driving it to the store: You can trade away any of our cars, but not this one.
It's now 7.5 years old and just had the timing belt service done. A few weeks ago, at the store again, she said a lady was waiting in the parking lot next to the ZDX because she wanted to talk to the owner of the car that she'd never, ever seen before. One of the pleasures of driving the ZDX for me is that I never see another one on the road. I've seen a grand total of 2 in Omaha in all my years.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I see 200,000 (or more) miles in your future.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:57 PM
J37A5

If the ZDX stays clear of obstacles and other vehicles, so do I......!!!!
Old 07-16-2017, 03:00 PM
J37A5

There's a first Gen NSX owner in the NSX forum with over 225K on his NSX. I figure the ZDX is capable of that number, too, under the watchful eye of a true zealot.....

Last edited by HondaOwnerForLife; 07-16-2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts
My sister has driven three Integras over 300,000 miles each, so Acuras are absolutely capable of it. And given that the ZDX was the only vehicle produced as part of Acura's aborted effort to launch itself into "Tier 1" luxury territory, I suspect that the material and build quality were higher than the average Acura of late. The ZDX should definitely last for a good, long while.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I still have it.......22k miles....do you guys think it will have any collectability?

Search this Thread