Passenger side foot well panel/cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 05:46 AM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Passenger side foot well panel/cover

Passenger side. Under and behind the glove box is a panel/cover that runs from the bottom of the glove box to the top of the floor board. Mine seems to have become "dislodged", but it is hard to tell. Seemed loose/dislodged, so I messed with it a bit and it seems to be a little better now, but there is a plastic fastener/rivet in the center of the cover, yet this fastener does not seem to attach to anything. You can't really see it, you have to feel for it.

Is this panel/cover meant to be "free" standing so to speak or is that rivet supposed to attach to the top of whatever is above that cover?

I was cleaning the passenger "cockpit" and noticed this panel seemed loose/not connected, so I thought I'd ask the experienced ZDX'ers.

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:55 AM
J37A5

Diagram

Old 01-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
If you are referring to #4 on the diagram then yes it is supposed to be loose like that. There are four fastener clips on the front and the back has two plastic pins that fit into a hole.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:33 PM
J37A5

Yep - #4. Thanks for the insight. It was the back pins that were not seated properly I suspect. Too damn cold here in Omaha to check, but will when it reaches 25 degrees again. BTW, I love my ZDX. Today I pushed her pretty hard through the "chicane" that leads to my office. That's was fun, pure and simple. Once you have SHAWD, hard to drive without it.