Turning in my leased 2013 ILX soon, advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turning in my leased 2013 ILX soon, advice?

It's been fun with my Tech packed ILX but it's going to need to be turned in six weeks, this is my first lease, so I'm just trying not to get dinged on anything.

Some initial questions:
1. I have brought the car in twice to the dealer for warranty work but it's never had a dealership service and they constant email me saying it needs an inspection...If I don't get one will I be penalized in any way?

2. Had oil changes at a few local place and had a friend do one as well, do they require invoices/receipts?

3. I put on non-OEM brand (but same size) tires, will I be penalized?

Any other advice is appreciated
Old 07-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When i turned in my TSX, i told them i was interested in buying another Acura. My dealership forgave all the wear and tear which was minimal, some body damage on the passenger side rear ( about an inch long deep scratch and a small dent), needed new tires was probably due for a new battery and i was 3k miles over my lease and still had about 5 or 6 months left. The dealership ate all the payments and whatever other costs associated with the car. I got into a 2015 ILX for 25$ a month less with all that in mind. My old TSX also had oil changes and maintenance done at a local shop not the dealership and they didn't really ask.

best bet is to go over to your dealership for the inspection before you turn in the car, don't think the tires should be an issue as long as they have a good amount of tread left and all four are the same. They will tell you what your car needs to have fixed (if anything does) before you turn it in so there aren't any headaches when you do.

If you decide you want a new Acura I wouldn't worry about anything if you want to jump ship and just get out of the car, might want to do that inspection
Old 08-02-2015, 12:55 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Depends on where you are, your relationship with the dealer and who does their lease turn in inspections.

The tires could be an issue. Are they the load and speed rating as the OE? Are they a "real" brand? If you replaced Michelins with Goodyears then you are probably fine but if you used no-names or really bad tires like Longlife then you might have issues.

Find a cheap detailer and have them give your car the $39.95 special inside and out. The car needs to look like it was well taken care of - perhaps they won't be looking for service records then.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:19 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice...I'll fill you in...

Per K24's advice I bought the car in service requesting the maintain multi-point inspection, one awesome thing was they did wash and vacuum it...I did some more research and got some additional info I'll share but overall I have way more questions than answers since this was an Acura service inspection not a lease turn in...

So Acura corporate has a pull ahead lease program, like anything, terms are always subject to change but they have for years stuck with a 90 days turn in period...So if go for the pull ahead program, you can get out of your lease 90 days, remaining payments are waived and the damage waiver is increased along and overage mileage can be forgiving...Other than being told it's by a case by case basis, I can't find the solid details by how much wear and tear increases or how much more excessive mileage can be forgiving...One thing I did find is one acura rep said it varies by how much more the new car costs...

I want to point out, this is covered by Acura corporate, not the dealer...The dealer may offer their own early turn in package, but they are paying your last 3 payments and which will be a factor for the total price of your new lease...This will cost more so you need to ensure your salemans and sale manager are familiar with the pull ahead program...

So no one would tell me about how much wear and tear it'll cost me...I do have cheap tires, the service center told me I need to change tranny fluid, cabin filter and the air filter...

Best deal I was offered including CA tax at 9.25% percent was $3K down & $400/mo for a $47K TLX SH w/advanced...I passed, think I'm going a STI...Yet I took a pic of the paperwork, PM me if you'd like and send you a pic of it in case you want to use the paperwork for leverage...