Trunk popping open

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:35 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trunk popping open

I have a 2016 ILX and recently the trunk appears to randomly open. I'll park my car at work, lock it, walk away and the trunk will be closed and then when I come back out after work, the trunk will be open. At first I thought I trunk release button on my FOB may have been accidentally being hit while in my pocket so I have been cognizant to make sure its not. I always take an extra look at the car before I get into the elevator and the trunk is closed. Anyone else have this problem or heard of this?
Old 12-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 115 Posts
Do you have a bag with your second set of keys that you put in the trunk? If so, the trunk will pop open when you close it. We learned this when we tried to lock my wife's purse in the trunk while I had my keys with me. The car won't let you lock a set of keys in the trunk. We had to take her keys out of her purse to lock her purse in the trunk.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:03 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the thought, but it happens when I am on my own and I have my FOB in my pocket, not in the trunk. I might call the dealer and see what they say.