Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea my windows sticker shows premium package..?? see attached
Attached Thumbnails 2016 ILX HDMI Input Hack-2015-05-08-13.39.34.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 01:44 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Originally Posted by john94si
Yea my windows sticker shows premium package..?? see attached
the technology package is above the premium package, therefore if you have the tech package then you have the premium package. But of course when referring to your car, you would say it has the tech package. It's easier to refer to the highest package it has so the lower packages are all implied.

In any case, that's the reason you aren't seeing the hdmi port in your car, because you have the tech package. acura designed the hdmi port for the premium package since premium doesn't have gps without using an iPhone. The tech package doesn't need the HDMI port since it has built in gps. Kinda tricky but that's how it works

Last edited by paperboy42190; 07-26-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that there is a very easy way to have the Top screen mirror your phone! All you have to do is jailbreak your iphone, (5+ or higher unfortunately).

Things you need:
HDMI cable
Lightning Cable (optional if you don't want to charge your phone)
Lighting to HDMI adapter
The Acura Link Navigation App

Super simple, all you have to do is jailbreak your phone, then download the tweak called watchdog lite (the lite version only allows 2 programs running in the foreground). Watchdog basically makes it so that your iphone runs apps that aren't actually in the foreground, in the foreground. Set the acura nav app so that it runs on the foreground. Plug in all the cables and click the APP button on your acura, or just open the acura nav app on your phone. Your phone should link up with the car by now and the NAV app should pop up on the top screen. All you have to do here now is double click the home button and voila mirror magic. You can choose whatever app or whateer and it will mirror on the top screen. This is a super simple method compared to the trick listed at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately for this mirroring to work you would need to purchase the Acura nav app for 60$, but it makes the mirror more simple. Please be reminded that your iphone needs to be jailbroken for this to work. Also this doesn't interfere with the sound at all.

Things I've mirrored:
Videos
Waze
Pictures

Old 08-30-2016, 04:08 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Petahhbread
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that there is a very easy way to have the Top screen mirror your phone! All you have to do is jailbreak your iphone, (5+ or higher unfortunately).

Things you need:
HDMI cable
Lightning Cable (optional if you don't want to charge your phone)
Lighting to HDMI adapter
The Acura Link Navigation App

Super simple, all you have to do is jailbreak your phone, then download the tweak called watchdog lite (the lite version only allows 2 programs running in the foreground). Watchdog basically makes it so that your iphone runs apps that aren't actually in the foreground, in the foreground. Set the acura nav app so that it runs on the foreground. Plug in all the cables and click the APP button on your acura, or just open the acura nav app on your phone. Your phone should link up with the car by now and the NAV app should pop up on the top screen. All you have to do here now is double click the home button and voila mirror magic. You can choose whatever app or whateer and it will mirror on the top screen. This is a super simple method compared to the trick listed at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately for this mirroring to work you would need to purchase the Acura nav app for 60$, but it makes the mirror more simple. Please be reminded that your iphone needs to be jailbroken for this to work. Also this doesn't interfere with the sound at all.

Things I've mirrored:
Videos
Waze
Pictures
is there video you can share of how this works?
Old 08-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by got23hops
is there video you can share of how this works?
Hey, a video of how to jailbreak or a video of how the plug in set up is?

Best,
P.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Cruisin'

Since I could jailbreak iPhone 6 Plus, I got NavTool to mirror it
Old 10-02-2016, 02:04 AM
6th Gear

Hi all
I have a 2017 ILX Premium pack with HDMI (Canadian Edition.) It would be great to have a write up for Android phones. At this moment, using a diagnosis mode is only way to access google map? Mine does not come with Navigation so I would like to have a google map.
Thank you in advance!

Originally Posted by haidarh
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have note 5 and similar operation is done. let me know if you want me to detail what you need to connect and how to mirror your phone via diagnosis mode wired/ wireless.

thanks
Old 10-02-2016, 02:56 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jumong69
Hi all
I have a 2017 ILX Premium pack with HDMI (Canadian Edition.) It would be great to have a write up for Android phones. At this moment, using a diagnosis mode is only way to access google map? Mine does not come with Navigation so I would like to have a google map.
Thank you in advance!
navtool would be the only way at this time to use your smartphone as it's supposed rep be . I got mine not too long ago and it's perfect
Old 10-02-2016, 01:09 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Levonotar
navtool would be the only way at this time to use your smartphone as it's supposed rep be . I got mine not too long ago and it's perfect
I read about Navtool products also. But that means I have to install a Navtool product and connect through their module instead of the original HDMI plug in the car. Also I see that Navtool has been banned fr this site bec of their unprofessional business conducts. Can not trust them. It would be nice to connect Android devices.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Cruisin'

Recent meetup that I attended had about 100 cars and almost all had Navtool in it. Who cares about HDMI android is wireless via miracast
Old 10-02-2016, 02:13 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Levonotar
Recent meetup that I attended had about 100 cars and almost all had Navtool in it. Who cares about HDMI android is wireless via miracast
Thank you for your info Levonotar.
I did not think about Miracast.
So, I guess for me to connect the android phone to the car, I need to:
1) Buy Navtool about $300 (on sale) and Microsoft's Wireless Display Adapter(miracast) for $60.
OR
Try to figure it out by using the Hack method.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Cruisin'

The hack was a good thing , but no one ever made it work. And it's pain in the ass to access
Old 10-04-2016, 09:53 PM
6th Gear

Android

I got it to work on my Android LG4 phone. It mirrors on the bottom screen. I still need to figure out the sound though. The process is same thing as IPhone. Goggle map works fine. It is not for a short commute.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Advanced

Or you could buy the shitty acura NAV app and either jailbreak (iphone) or root (androids). You'll need a mod to have the acura NAV app in the background to trick the car into thinking that the app is running in the foreground and then you can switch to whatever app you want.

I did this on my Jailbroken phone and it worked great. Didn't have to buy the NAVtools or mod the car at all, just the phone.

Best,
P.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Was about to purchase the app but I noticed that it does not support iOS 10.

Can anyone confirm if it does?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2016, 02:47 PM
Advanced

I've been using my app from time to time. I'm on ios 10. No jailbreak for ios 10 yet tho... so you cant mirror with the jailbreak yet.
The following users liked this post:
aksilx (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
^^^Thanks, yup it works just fine. The navi integration is pretty cool.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:21 PM
2nd Gear

It works better than I expected!

Thank you everyone in this thread.
I was able to mirror my LG G5 screen to lower Acura IlX 2017 screen. I was also able to change music input using wheel keys to use either car music or phone sounds with NO PROBLEM CHANGING VOLUME FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST.So it worked out even better than I expected.

I use this adapter https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Chromebook-Thunderbolt-Supports-3840x2160/dp/B01FIVSC6Y
Old 07-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mogger Rus
Thank you everyone in this thread.
I was able to mirror my LG G5 screen to lower Acura IlX 2017 screen. I was also able to change music input using wheel keys to use either car music or phone sounds with NO PROBLEM CHANGING VOLUME FROM LOWEST TO HIGHEST.So it worked out even better than I expected.

I use this adapter https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Chro.../dp/B01FIVSC6Y
How does this work? You just buy the adapter and plug it in and it works? How does it mirror your phone to the screen?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Petahhbread
How does this work? You just buy the adapter and plug it in and it works? How does it mirror your phone to the screen?
I did it by using info that I found in this thread. Please check it.
In short: Connect, enable hdmi debug, see it mirrored on both screens, go to maint. menu again, exit it, press info button and select wallpaper.

It works but it takes a minute to enable and you still have to click on your phone plus charge it somehow plus install app that keeps your screen in horizontal position plus put brightness to minimum...ugh
I never used since I was able to do it. I will rarely use it.

If you read this thread - don't do it, it is fun to make it work but you will never use it. I usually just put my phone beside top screen and use it this way
Old 10-25-2022, 09:33 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
Hello friends. Been a long time since I posted here, but something magic appears to have happened.

I’ve got one of those Amazon’s HDMI plugs on one end, with USB Power and and iPhone lightning adapter on the other thingys you see now. Cost like $25ish bucks.

they are designed as quick ways to link a phone to a TV, since I guess the hdmi port acts as a tv/device that the phone recognizes.

anyway long story short, the hack is dead to me because I now have zero lag, full control, top screen miring and video playback.

im not sure if it’s due to current iOS 16, or maybe a last update Acura did to the app to basically unlock the check screen, but for me now all I gotta do is

1) plug in iphone
2) hit app button on ilx
3) confirm launching prompt on iPhone for the Acura nav app
4) then just swipe up to say YouTube… and boom works great.

can even back out to any apps on the phone, audio plays in sync even on HDMI audio input or iPod mode. Everything just works like we wished. Idk how, but it does.

The following users liked this post:
rmccallister (02-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joshstrange
Well after a got of searching for ways around it I bought the app yesterday and when it works it's really neat... However I ran into both the freezing bug (killing and restarting the app doesn't fix it) and the blackout bug (same thing again). So within 24 hours of getting the car/app I ran into 2 show stoppers. I have to go back to the dealer to sign some final forms and I'm going to ask to speak to a tech to see if they will tell me. I found at least one of the debug menus but there was nothing in it of value (hold Menu + Back + Music).
Did I miss the name of the app?
Old 09-06-2023, 05:54 PM
'17 ILX Premium Tech

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thmanx
Hello friends. Been a long time since I posted here, but something magic appears to have happened.

I’ve got one of those Amazon’s HDMI plugs on one end, with USB Power and and iPhone lightning adapter on the other thingys you see now. Cost like $25ish bucks.

they are designed as quick ways to link a phone to a TV, since I guess the hdmi port acts as a tv/device that the phone recognizes.

anyway long story short, the hack is dead to me because I now have zero lag, full control, top screen miring and video playback.

im not sure if it’s due to current iOS 16, or maybe a last update Acura did to the app to basically unlock the check screen, but for me now all I gotta do is

1) plug in iphone
2) hit app button on ilx
3) confirm launching prompt on iPhone for the Acura nav app
4) then just swipe up to say YouTube… and boom works great.

can even back out to any apps on the phone, audio plays in sync even on HDMI audio input or iPod mode. Everything just works like we wished. Idk how, but it does.

I installed AcuraLink on my iPhone but when I plug in my phone and press App it says "The AcuraLink Navigation app is not installed Please download from the app store." Is this not the correct one? https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/acural...ct/id610964308
There's no other Acura apps on the app store and according to a few reddit posts, the Navigation app was discontinued a few years ago. I'm not sure how else I can get it to work on iPhone.

Last edited by SaugaMan; 09-06-2023 at 05:56 PM.