'16 ILX A-Spec badge (location?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
'16 ILX A-Spec badge (location?)

So temptation finally bit me when I saw a brand new A-Spec badge floating around on eBay. So I ended up paying about double the original retail value (they are discontinued after all) and bought it. (still being shipped... so no photos yet).

I figure since I had a fully Aero'd Catalina Blue Pearl ILX, it was only fitting to give it 'some' distinction above the other 16 ILX's I'm beginning to see here in California. (note i've only seen white ones... Haven't seen a local blue one yet)

Since the A-Spec badge never came on the '16, I'm looking for feedback as to where I should place it for the best esthetic look.

Depending on what model you got in the past (TL, TSX, RSX) the A-Spec badges were in different locations.

Right now I'm fixed between two spots. Either under the ILX logo on the upper right corner (though space is tight, and it might not look so good being so close to the ILX logo) or in the lower right corner (like the TSX A-Spec).

Feedback?

Pics Related:

RSX A-Spec

TSX A-Spec

I'm more inclined to put it on the lower right in similar off set and orientation as the TSX as there really isn't much space below the '16's ILX logo before it runs into the rear tail light assembly.

Just don't want to be another one of 'those guys' putting fake badges in the wrong spot on the wrong car. But I feel my vehicle is deserving of a little bit more badge-age

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Buy another A-Spec badge and put one on each side on the lower door like how the Civic has the i-VTEC DOHC stickers.

Or put on the side skirt like BMW.

Last edited by AZuser; 07-30-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:17 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never realised the A-spec badge wasnt on the U.S models. Should order them from Canada if possible.

Last edited by mannysRL; 07-31-2015 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:34 AM
Racer

Nor is it on the Canadian models.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:22 AM
Advanced

Yes they do, i have them on the front fenders.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:45 PM
Racer

Never seen that on any of the car reviews over the past several months or press photos.

Though I Stand corrected, its even a unique looking badge. Anyone got a part number on that?

This just adds insult to injury now. Why no love for the US A-Spec trim

Last edited by Thmanx; 07-31-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Racer

So I called a dealership in Toronto. He said the badge didn't show up in his parts list either. He's going to call Acura of Canada and see if he can track it down for me.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Yea it was like the RL Aspec in Canada it recieved the badging, but from what i have heard the U.S didn't.
Bright side is the aero kit is allot cheaper in the states
But i also see chrome mirror covers are only a accessory option in Canada aswell.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
I like how that above ad claims people called it a tarted up civix due to its lack of power yet it gained no additional power over the 2.4 ilx.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:25 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Just noticed a couple of them on eBay for $100.00. Little steep for me although I'd love to have one. Sounds like these were from a prior model Acura. Look nice.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Place on the pass and driver fender
Old 08-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
On the trunk: do so under the taillight as level as possible and a tad off centered to the corner of the trunk like so (TL-S Quad tips are a plus)

On the rear doors: Right where the "Acura Design" badge goes on the concept car.

And for another badge mod, front grill: for the grill, as long as it doesn't screw with the radar if equipped, I think it looks nice. Might want to get that one badge for the grill shaved down some so it's not so thick and doesn't look like its stuck on. Maybe even cut out a shallow rectangular notch for the badge to sit in so it's all flush?

And Front door "ILX" badges:

I like them all. I'd do ALL the Aspec badges, or just the front and rear ones with the "ILX" on the doors. You'd get like +50HP for each badge though, FYI.

My two cents!
The following users liked this post:
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18
On the trunk: do so under the taillight as level as possible and a tad off centered to the corner of the trunk like so (TL-S Quad tips are a plus)
OH MY DAMN!!! that is quite possibly the sexiest thing EVER. Those exhaust tips inside the bumper and that subtle A-SPEC badge... DAMN!
The following 3 users liked this post by Waldo87:
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015), silverTL6 (08-02-2015), Timmy18 (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Racer

I'd feel it need a serious motor transplant then.

Or at least some good turbo action. I believe the European spec CTR has a quad exhaust like that.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Thmanx
I'd feel it need a serious motor transplant then.

Or at least some good turbo action. I believe the European spec CTR has a quad exhaust like that.
It does, and I hope to god we can get some K20C1 + 8DCT or 6-Speeds in a ILX some day.

But the 8DCT can't handle all that torque (says Honda) and the FWD limitations make it useless. Which is why any higher powered ILX needs to be SH-AWD.

Don't think the 8DCT even has the AWD capability. At least not yet. Likely won't unless used in Europe in a AWD Accord. Which is unlikely. CR-V won't get it either.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Racer

Well I decided on a location, based of the TSX's position.

The following 3 users liked this post by Thmanx:
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015), siblue (08-07-2015), Timmy18 (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Looks Great!
What kind of bulb you using for turn signals?
Old 08-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Perfect!! I'll buy you three more for the grill idea and rear doors to make myself happy lol
Old 08-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Suzuka Master

100x no to the rear door emblems. Only vtec decals go there on Hondas/Acuras. No emblems.

If anything they should go on the fender where the Canadian Aspec badges are like thmanx posted before.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Racer

Yeah only VTEC emblems go there. And quite frankly, those are mad played out (Untill the TurboVTEC side decals that is haha)

Now just gotta get those front fender ones and I'll be happy lol.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
This. This is what Acura needs to build.

They can even tame down the pipes a bit for something similar to what the TL-S had. Very nice.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Burning Brakes

I don't see the issue for the door ASPEC emblems. they aren't ricey like how the Civic Si VTEC stickers would be. They're fine on the Si but a $35K+ Acura?

Saying the doors are for VTEC only stickers is extremely closed minded. Just because that's the only place you've ever seen stickers on a Honda from factory and never seen badges placed there doesn't mean that's the only thing that can go there, even on the newer 'classier' Acura.

Do what you want O.P. �� I just thought placing badges in a similar pleace to the concepts would make it pop better and look cleaner than having them stuck on the fenders. They just seem out of place there.

Last edited by Timmy18; 08-07-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Suzuka Master

I don't see the issue for the door ASPEC emblems. they aren't ricey like how the Civic Si VTEC stickers would be. They're fine on the Si but a $35K+ Acura?
The issue OP and I share is that putting the emblems there does not in any way reflect how the car comes from the factory. As is OP is adding a badge that wasnt put on his car stock; which explains why he had worries about where to put it so that it didnt come off as anything other than OEM.

Saying it is ricey is a matter of opinion. You are welcome to having one but obviously we dont all agree. The Integra, Civic, RSX, and more all have Vtec decals in the location mentioned so it makes sense to put them there as that is where they would go if they had them.

We know where the badges would go so why put them somewhere completely different? That would scream not OEM.

And the price comparison doesnt change anything. Plenty of nice cars have decals some would call gaudy. Its a matter of opinion.

And I guess you find the turbo vtec ILX rice because they threw a Vtec decal in the same location.

Saying the doors are for VTEC only stickers is extremely closed minded. Just because that's the only place you've ever seen stickers on a Honda from factory and never seen badges placed there doesn't mean that's the only thing that can go there, even on the newer 'classier' Acura.
It is not close minded unless you are calling acura closed minded for tending to always put that decal i that location. The point is to try and look OEM. Putting the badges on the fenders would look OEM. Putting them on the door seems like a Pepboy chrome sticker emblem.

Do what you want O.P. �� I just thought placing badges in a similar pleace to the concepts would make it pop better and look cleaner than having them stuck on the fenders. They just seem out of place there.

I dont understand how it "seems out of place" when literally THAT IS WHERE THEY GO.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Just because that's where they go doesn't make them look great there. I see more pepboy fake vents on fenders than I do anything on a door so tell you tell me how that levels out.

Like the hybrid ILX badge on the fenders.. It looks like it was just randomly dropped on. At least with the doors it sits low enough and is parallel with the door edge like the concepts and like some other makes. Not sitting between two highly visible body lines and disrupting the smooth flow on the sheet metal (visual bumps not talking about aero).

I was just a personal fan of the lower door badges on the concepts. But if you're not than that's just one less follower for all I care. Makes me and whoever else agrees more unique which is desperately what the Acura scene needs other than respect and common sense (not referring to this particular thread).

And no, it's the person who is closed minded for thinking only VTEC stickers can go on the doors. If it was impossible to put anything else on the doors it wouldn't be closed minded, it would Just be impossible. But because you can put other things on the door but choose not to because you think only the VTEC sticker can go there, it is closed minded. Don't take it odfensively because it does come down to a taste, but it's my 100x's taste. A user above even thought of it.

Oh and I said it could look OEM like it had came that way, like Acura started doing it that way, being new, not "that's exactly how it came." Silly, all I ever do is post edits and make adjustments and you still think I mean "exactly OEM" "this is 100% true factory look" when all I was representing is a realistic how it could of been.

Sorry O.P to junk up the thread. My 2 cents just bought more than I had expected.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:05 AM
Burning Brakes

But hey if you want to get really technical, O.Ps car just got less OEM being his didn't come with ASPEC badges from the factory and it's not a Canadian spec ILX so it doesn't have those badges to begin with.

The fender badges (assuming same placement on the Hybrid) were for the Hybrid ILX. These ASPEC ILXs aren't much of a hybrid if you asked me. So putting ASPEC badges in the HYBRID badge place isn't OEM or factory either.

But if these ILXs aren't the concepts than I guess a ASPEC badge in place of the Acura Deign badge is also not OEM either.

Darn.

See how silly it is when you get super technical and take everything literally? It's annoying.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Just because that's where they go doesn't make them look great there. I see more pepboy fake vents on fenders than I do anything on a door so tell you tell me how that levels out.
Its all a matter of opinion. What looks good to you may not look OEM to someone else. Seemed to me OP was looking for an OEM look, hence why I have responded to your suggestion.

Where you see people put pepboy vents doesnt change where Acura put the Aspec badges. It was just my opinion that putting the badges where they are on the concept looks more pepboys then putting it where acura actually put them. Just my opinion.

And no, it's the person who is closed minded for thinking only VTEC stickers can go on the doors. If it was impossible to put anything else on the doors it wouldn't be closed minded, it would Just be impossible. But because you can put other things on the door but choose not to because you think only the VTEC sticker can go there, it is closed minded. Don't take it offensively because it does come down to a taste, but it's my 100x's taste. A user above even thought of it.
You're close minded for not thinking your TSX would look great in Monster Green. What it could look good! Dont be so close minded! Having an opinion does not make one closed minded. Not being willing to consider the option in my opinion is what would be close minded. I have considered it, I understand where you are coming from, but I dont like it. That does not make me close minded my friend. Just means I have an opinion.

And no one is taking offense. Stop thinking I am offended by your opinion on an emblem. lol It's just an emblem on someone elses car.

Silly, all I ever do is post edits and make adjustments and you still think I mean "exactly OEM" "this is 100% true factory look" when all I was representing is a realistic how it could of been.
You have no idea what I mean my friend. I am simply telling you that OP is looking for a more OEM look than what you suggested. If you dont like my comment than my apologies but it was just an opinion. We are both entitled to it. I am not anywhere claiming what you post in youe edits are what you think is 100% true factory. Ive never once made a claim about what you do or say. Im just telling you your suggestion doesnt look OEM to me.

But hey if you want to get really technical, O.Ps car just got less OEM being his didn't come with ASPEC badges from the factory and it's not a Canadian spec ILX so it doesn't have those badges to begin with.
You are correct. But it looks 100% more OEM than putting it on the doors where no ILX aside from 1 maybe 2 concept cars have.

The fender badges (assuming same placement on the Hybrid) were for the Hybrid ILX. These ASPEC ILXs aren't much of a hybrid if you asked me. So putting ASPEC badges in the HYBRID badge place isn't OEM or factory either.
WTF are you even going on about? Like seriously. That made zero sense. Acura DID put them where the hybrid badges are. Just because the hybrid badges were there 3 years before they made the Aspec ILX doesnt make the Aspec badge location NOT OEM. The car isnt a hybrid so hybrid badges dont belong their either. Stop. Just stop. There is nothing to prove wrong here.

See how silly it is when you get super technical and take everything literally? It's annoying.
No one but you is taking things technical and literal. I simply said your idea did not look as OEM as the trunk location. Sorry you found that annoying. You should probably relax and maybe have a drink.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:19 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well this got out of hand quickly... way to go Thmanx hahaha

Badge looks great, get a shot of the whole rear though.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:43 AM
Racer

Received 434 Likes on 138 Posts
usdmJon strike again!

I do like all of the emblem photos except the "ILX" one on the front passenger's door. Really digging the idea of the one at the lower right trunk area.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chan_Mike
usdmJon strike again!

I do like all of the emblem photos except the "ILX" one on the front passenger's door. Really digging the idea of the one at the lower right trunk area.
Two people have conflicting opinions and im the negative one eh? Go figure.

Yall can be too damn sensative sometimes.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
The VTEC stickers on the Civic Si, at least in my mind, look great where they are. Honda has solely used that location for their VTEC decals on their highest trimmed cars since back in the late 80s. Call it a tradition, if you will. Back then, having that decal on your car actually meant something though.

I guess if you weren't raised back in the day of extremely low powered and extremely fun to haul ass in Civics/Integras, you likely wouldn't understand.

Acura never had that going for them, besides the Type R badge on the Integra. I always find it hilarious when I see posers put on fake VTEC decals, or any other completely wrong decals in that location. I dunno. It just worked for Honda. Still does to this day.

Personally, I prefer the clean fenders of the A-Spec ILX, without the badges. I do like the badge on the trunk lid though. I also have never been a fan of Inifinity now putting "3.7" or whatever else on their fenders...

As far as modding goes, hey, if you like it, do it up. Afterall, it's your car and not everyone elses.
The following 2 users liked this post by TacoBello:
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015), usdmJON (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Id probably leave it how OP has it now with the trunk badge and just that if I was him.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 434 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Two people have conflicting opinions and im the negative one eh? Go figure.

Yall can be too damn sensative sometimes.
I didn't say you are negative at all but more just how you engaged to a conversation, that's all.

Everyone has opinion which make things interesting. You have great deal of knowledge and a lot of information. I am sure people appreciate that
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Racer

Such a debated issue here. Very interesting.

Reguardless I'm glad every approves of the rear trunk location. ^_^

Last edited by Thmanx; 08-07-2015 at 12:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Thmanx:
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015), silverTL6 (08-09-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Waldo87
OH MY DAMN!!! that is quite possibly the sexiest thing EVER. Those exhaust tips inside the bumper and that subtle A-SPEC badge... DAMN!
SO TEMPTED TO GET THIS DONE !

I'm so over not having exhaust tips showing on my bellanova white '16 ILX. I am going to a muffler shop in Fontana, CA on Saturday to get a quote on quad exhaust tips inside the bumper.

He said roughly around $450 +/- $50-$100 more for customizing the rear bumper.

Of course i will get a better quote when he actually checks it out this saturday.
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Chan_Mike
I didn't say you are negative at all but more just how you engaged to a conversation, that's all.
Noted. My bad guys. Didnt mean to upset anyone.
Chan_Mike (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jspangan
SO TEMPTED TO GET THIS DONE !

I'm so over not having exhaust tips showing on my bellanova white '16 ILX. I am going to a muffler shop in Fontana, CA on Saturday to get a quote on quad exhaust tips inside the bumper.

He said roughly around $450 +/- $50-$100 more for customizing the rear bumper.

Of course i will get a better quote when he actually checks it out this saturday.

Get some pics of their work before you hand the keys over. Id be scared as hell for a random muffler shop to cut into my bumper.

Very in to see this outcome!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Get some pics of their work before you hand the keys over. Id be scared as hell for a random muffler shop to cut into my bumper.

Very in to see this outcome!
Most definitely ! To be honest i really don't want any cutting done on my bumper. What do you all think of this ?

or it would be easiest with just one side where the exhaust is already located. Thanks to a pic by Thmanx in another thread.

I need some feedback ! I don't want to hurt my 16 ILX by any means, no cutting or removing parts for this upcoming exhaust system of mine. What do you all think ?
usdmJON (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Id honestly think they would want to cut the bumper for both options you posted. If the exhaust hangs under the bumper it may be a tad low. Also if you get too close you could start melting the bumper as a couple ILX owners have had happen with their 13-15.

If you do add a rear exit exhaust and you dont cut the bumper I would say go quad so it fills the lower area more than if its on the right only.

The first one you posted with the quad tips about half an inch under the bumper may work great.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:43 PM
Suzuka Master

I just chopped a random example of a dual outlet with a carbon fiber diffuser.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
Every time I see Catalina Blue, I fall more and more in love with it.

Quick Reply: '16 ILX A-Spec badge (location?)