Well got my wheels installed, but dealer fucked up my paint by washing, now i need to

Old 09-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Well got my wheels installed, but dealer fucked up my paint by washing, now i need to

have professionally buffed and polished to bring out swirl scratches. Why are people so incompetent.

Well I nailed the offsets and tire sizes, thats for sure. It will look a lot better once it gets professionally buffed polished and waxed. Well enough BS'ing, here are the pics:

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  220.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0399.jpg
Views: 2091
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0398.jpg
Views: 2410
Size:  131.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0397.jpg
Views: 2119
Size:  131.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  220.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 2012
Size:  303.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0394.jpg
Views: 1969
Size:  289.5 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0396.jpg (220.8 KB, 190 views)
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (09-25-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Damn, that's why I hate dealership/gas station/automatic car washes. The Infiniti dealership that I work at just got a new car wash and I would never put my car in there seeing how the automatic brushes work and it would just scratch up my paint. Hand washing is the only way to go and that'll be done only by me lol.

Did they give you a choice if you wanted them to wash your TLX or did they just go ahead and do it without asking you?

Your wheel setup looks badass though!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Atlas_Gen
Damn, that's why I hate dealership/gas station/automatic car washes. The Infiniti dealership that I work at just got a new car wash and I would never put my car in there seeing how the automatic brushes work and it would just scratch up my paint. Hand washing is the only way to go and that'll be done only by me lol.

Did they give you a choice if you wanted them to wash your TLX or did they just go ahead and do it without asking you?

Your wheel setup looks badass though!
I told them not too and they did it anyways
Old 09-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sincitytsx
Man, that freaking sucks. They really are idiots. I would have them pay for restoring your paint back professionally to the way it was before they ran it through, especially if you have before and after pictures of your car prior to them washing it.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
If you asked them not to I would return and show them the picture of it all straky and gross and say that is exactly why you asked them NOT to do it and now you have to go out and get the paint corrected so it doesnt look like this and tell them they have a simple option... have the paint corrected on their dime or you will be taking your Acura to the honda dealership down the street for all future maintenance needs... minus free warranty work of course.

They probably wont give two fucks but maybe next time they wont wash the next dudes car that asks them not to.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Pro

Man, that freaking sucks. They really are idiots. I would have them pay for restoring your paint back professionally to the way it was before they ran it through, especially if you have before and after pictures of your car prior to them washing it.
Bet your ass that is what I am going to do, however do I trust their guys or am I better off having a real place do it right.
Atlas_Gen (09-25-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Pro

Here is a good shot in front of my office:

Name:  IMG_0402.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  231.7 KB
Old 09-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Car is looking good!
Old 09-25-2015, 03:09 PM
Pro

Thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
If any of my cars ever have to go to a dealership, I always specifically ask that they NOT wash them. Sometimes they still do. And it pisses me off to no end. Mine have never come out looking like your TLX though. I'd lose my shit on them.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:32 PM
TL-S

Received 412 Likes on 365 Posts
make them fucking have it detailed,
Old 09-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
adams hang tag saying DO NOT WASH.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:38 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Just telling the service people not to wash your car won't work. They'll forget or won't bother to read the service write up

You need to do this

and maybe even hang this on the rear view mirror

Old 09-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by AZuser
Just telling the service people not to wash your car won't work. They'll forget or won't bother to read the service write up

You need to do this

LOL....Funny thing is, my name is Adam
Old 09-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Here is a good shot in front of my office:

OH GOD this deserves to be posted in the "I cant park" thread.

Please tell me you dont park like this regularly in other parking lots. Those spots look plenty big. Id dream of spots that large at my place of work.

Just asking for

Last edited by usdmJON; 09-25-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by usdmJON
OH GOD this deserves to be posted in the "I cant park" thread.

Please tell me you dont park like this regularly in other parking lots. Those spots look plenty big. Id dream of spots that large at my place of work.

Just asking for

When you own the building any only 4!people work for you you can park how you wish )
Old 09-25-2015, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

When you own the building any only 4!people work for you you can park how you wish )
As I said... please tell me you dont park like this regularly in other parking lots.

Clearly that was in an empty parking lot. Just hoping you dont do shit like that regularly in other parking lots.

Frankly I dont even see the point of doing it even in your lot but thats on you. Just hope youre not that special type of person that feels entitled to do that everywhere just because you have a new car.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Jon, chill your tits...
The following 5 users liked this post by Flipster23:
Morrissey25 (09-27-2015), Mr Hyde (09-30-2015), pnoi521 (09-26-2015), rossv1 (10-11-2015), thoiboi (10-06-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Pro

As I said... please tell me you dont park like this regularly in other parking lots.

Clearly that was in an empty parking lot. Just hoping you dont do shit like that regularly in other parking lots.

Frankly I dont even see the point of doing it even in your lot but thats on you. Just hope youre not that special type of person that feels entitled to do that everywhere just because you have a new car.
Lol, youngins. First of all I can park how I wish, but no oil don't park like in lots I don't own, I do park out in the north 40 however where dipshits aren't as likely to get near me. Second I certainly wouldn't feel "entitled" in a sub $40000 Acura. It's a rather conservative modest car for anyone who has an "entitled temperament". It was that statement that let me know you were an immature 20 something or teenager as no one in their right mind who is an adult would think they are king of world in an Acura. Acura is a car to buy to be UNDERSTATED.
TacoBello (09-26-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 06:00 PM
Pro

Lol. I'm done venting
Old 09-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Instructor

You need to do this

Hahaha, that is fucking genius!!

Originally Posted by TacoBello
If any of my cars ever have to go to a dealership, I always specifically ask that they NOT wash them. Sometimes they still do. And it pisses me off to no end. Mine have never come out looking like your TLX though. I'd lose my shit on them.
That's like how one of the service reps at my job is, he prints out the work order and it states "NO" for the car wash option and when I ask him if they said they didn't want it to be washed, he says EVERY customer car gets a car wash unless stated - Then you SHOULD HAVE written YES on the work order dumbass!!! He's a real fucking retard.

Last edited by Atlas_Gen; 09-25-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Pro

Well the service manager is not wanting to call me back to address the issue, my next point of contact will be the General manager of the dealership. If he does not want to be accommodating, then I will get the work done myself and sue them in small claims court for the $800 it will cost to have a professional detailer cut the paint down and polish it back to a mirror.

I have taken a million pics and have documented everything, so they are drawing dead if they want to win a small claims case.
Atlas_Gen (09-25-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 01:35 AM
_

If he does not want to be accommodating, then I will get the work done myself and sue them in small claims court for the $800 it will cost to have a professional detailer cut the paint down and polish it back to a mirror.
That $800 is in East Caribbean dollars, right? Because for an exterior detail to just correct that paint, it shouldn't be more than $300 U.S. dollar.

I'd put that at 6, maybe 8, hours. 8 hrs x $30 = $240.

$800 is a rip off.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Pro

The only place I know that knows what they are doing to correct paint defects charges that much. They normally only do high end cars.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:02 PM
_

$800 for high end cars is expected. But for a Honda? Damn.

Personally, I would ask around for other qualified but more reasonable priced detailers. They're out there. Check on some of the various detailing forums, or maybe even in the Wash & Wax section here .

Example: Wanted: Pro detailer in Las Vegas - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Just a thought.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Team Owner

$800 for high end cars is expected. But for a Honda? Damn.

Personally, I would ask around for other qualified but more reasonable priced detailers. They're out there. Check on some of the various detailing forums, or maybe even in the Wash & Wax section here .

Example: Wanted: Pro detailer in Las Vegas - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Just a thought.
Yes, but ultimately, he's not paying.

I wouldn't trust any shop that charges $30/hr. What are they paying the detailer then? $12-15/hr? No thanks. Might as well take it back to that dealership and have them detail the paint

Or are you talking about a guy who just works on his own, out of his garage? Does he have insurance? Does he have a business license? What if he burns through the paint? Who's paying then? Etc, etc, etc...

It also comes down to the products they are applying to the paint. I'd venture a guess that a place that deals with exotics and charges such a price, likely doesn't rely on the Meguiars stuff available at any department store. You pay more for higher carnauba content, and overall better products. You get what you pay for.

Last edited by TacoBello; 09-26-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:23 PM
_

Yes, but ultimately, he's not paying.
The dealer will pay only if they agree to it. But if you read what the OP wrote, they have not returned any calls, so unless the dealer agrees, the OP will be paying out of pocket for it. OP could take them to small claims court as stated, but that's not a 100% guarantee.

I wouldn't trust any shop that charges $30/hr. What are they paying the detailer then? $12-15/hr? No thanks. Might as well take it back to that dealership and have them detail the paint

Or are you talking about a guy who just works on his own, out of his garage? Does he have insurance? Does he have a business license? What if he burns through the paint? Who's paying then? Etc, etc, etc...
A "shop" which hires other people to be detailers will likely have higher overhead costs. I'm referring to independent detailers, a 1 or 2 man operation. Many are mobile detailers.

What if he burns through the paint? That's why I suggested the OP ask for recommendations. People who've been detailing for a while will have good reviews/feedback on the detailing sites. Plus, they'd be smart enough to not use a rotary on soft Honda paint. They'd most likely use a dual action which will not burn through paint.

It also comes down to the products they are applying to the paint. I'd venture a guess that a place that deals with exotics and charges such a price, likely doesn't rely on the Meguiars stuff available at any department store. You pay more for higher carnauba content, and overall better products. You get what you pay for.
There's nothing wrong with Meguiar's products. They have some quality stuff (professional line), though you won't find many of them at your chain store. Don't get hung up on brand names.

Your technique and the steps and process used is more important than the name on the product. You can have 1 person using the most expensive products out there, but if his technique and steps are poor, then the results can be worse than someone who knows what they're doing and is using Meguiar's products.

Meguiar's microfiber correction system would easily correct the OP's paint.

- Product Review: Meguiar?s DA Microfiber Correction System | Ask a Pro Blog
- Cinnamon Acura CL Meguiar's MF System - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Pro

The dealer will pay only if they agree to it. But if you read what the OP wrote, they have not returned any calls, so unless the dealer agrees, the OP will be paying out of pocket for it. OP could take them to small claims court as stated, but that's not a 100% guarantee.

A "shop" which hires other people to be detailers will likely have higher overhead costs. I'm referring to independent detailers, a 1 or 2 man operation. Many are mobile detailers.

What if he burns through the paint? That's why I suggested the OP ask for recommendations. People who've been detailing for a while will have good reviews/feedback on the detailing sites. Plus, they'd be smart enough to not use a rotary on soft Honda paint. They'd most likely use a dual action which will not burn through paint.

There's nothing wrong with Meguiar's products. They have some quality stuff (professional line), though you won't find many of them at your chain store. Don't get hung up on brand names.

Your technique and the steps and process used is more important than the name on the product. You can have 1 person using the most expensive products out there, but if his technique and steps are poor, then the results can be worse than someone who knows what they're doing and is using Meguiar's products.

Meguiar's microfiber correction system would easily correct the OP's paint.

- Product Review: Meguiar?s DA Microfiber Correction System | Ask a Pro Blog
- Cinnamon Acura CL Meguiar's MF System - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

I assure you I won't be paying for he repair. The dealership won't want to have to pay for an attorney to defend them as that would cost more than my professional detail shop, which is highly proven and definitely has high insurance as he is in a high end district. However if the dealer does want to pay an attorney, I am one as well and I am confident I would be able to crush this case without and reasonable doubt that they are the ones who caused the damage as he dealer signed that the car was flawless when I dropped it off with only 340 miles on the odo. I have notes of my complaints and insisted it be recorded with Acura corporate as well. I am fairly certain it's a 3 minute slam dunk in front of any small claims judge.
TacoBello (10-06-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Lol, youngins. First of all I can park how I wish, but no oil don't park like in lots I don't own, I do park out in the north 40 however where dipshits aren't as likely to get near me. Second I certainly wouldn't feel "entitled" in a sub $40000 Acura. It's a rather conservative modest car for anyone who has an "entitled temperament". It was that statement that let me know you were an immature 20 something or teenager as no one in their right mind who is an adult would think they are king of world in an Acura. Acura is a car to buy to be UNDERSTATED.
Lmao

I dont think anything entitles someone to park like that in public parking. I was asking if it made you feel entitled.

Owning the place makes you feel you can park like that. I get it. If you own the business then by all means.

I was just questioning why anyone would park like that.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Pro

Lmao

I dont think anything entitles someone to park like that in public parking. I was asking if it made you feel entitled.

Owning the place makes you feel you can park like that. I get it. If you own the business then by all means.

I was just questioning why anyone would park like that.
It's all good. I know I think the same thing when I see some douche bag in a vette take up 2-3 spots and think they're cool. However just a bad read on my situation as I hardly think I'm cool driving an Acura as the reason I bought it was to be conservative and have a nice car. Hell I wouldn't feel like I was cooler if I drove a rolls Royce, we all put our pants on one leg at a time 😜
Old 09-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Suzuka Master

It's all good. I know I think the same thing when I see some douche bag in a vette take up 2-3 spots and think they're cool. However just a bad read on my situation as I hardly think I'm cool driving an Acura as the reason I bought it was to be conservative and have a nice car. Hell I wouldn't feel like I was cooler if I drove a rolls Royce, we all put our pants on one leg at a time 😜
Speak for yourself! I jump in that shit. Saves me time. /red text
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The dealer scratched mine up without me knowing as soon as I signed the papers by giving me a complimentary wash. I didn't even get to enjoy it w/o swirls.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
looks like someone who didn't know what they were doing went at it with a variable speed polisher. i do detailing on the side/hobby and i did a clients vette that had the same thing happen, some shit place left swirls and buffer trails all over.

luckily you can get rid of these with a DA polisher, some lake country pads and a few products and it will come out looking beautiful. i would be looking over every pannel to see if that guy burned through the paint anywhere. here's the vette i did:

before:

after:

Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Thats why I went with gray on my new TLX. My old car was an 01 TL that was black and I learned my lesson on keeping an older black car clean, practically impossible.

Your new rim set up looks great! love the pics!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I hope the dealer owns up to this for you. Car looks very nice with those wheels, you must be lowered I assume? If so what springs are you using?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
read all 35 post and didnt see specs of wheels, especially since you nailed it....

i'm in disappoint
Old 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM
shenanigans

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
Can we get the details on the rims/tires/offsets?
Old 10-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by justnspace
read all 35 post and didnt see specs of wheels, especially since you nailed it....

i'm in disappoint
I was gonna say, the wheel figment does look pretty damn good!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Team Owner

I assure you I won't be paying for he repair. The dealership won't want to have to pay for an attorney to defend them as that would cost more than my professional detail shop, which is highly proven and definitely has high insurance as he is in a high end district. However if the dealer does want to pay an attorney, I am one as well and I am confident I would be able to crush this case without and reasonable doubt that they are the ones who caused the damage as he dealer signed that the car was flawless when I dropped it off with only 340 miles on the odo. I have notes of my complaints and insisted it be recorded with Acura corporate as well. I am fairly certain it's a 3 minute slam dunk in front of any small claims judge.
Lol, this made me laugh. sounds like a bitch slap is coming to that dealership. Any updates? Any resolutions?
Old 10-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Pro

I was gonna say, the wheel figment does look pretty damn good!
I posted the specs, maybe in another post they are:

20x8.5 et 35mm and 20x10 et 40mm with 245/35/20 and 275/30/20 Nitto Motivos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well got my wheels installed, but dealer fucked up my paint by washing, now i need to