Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:16 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted

What's up AZ TLXers!

This past week I was lucky enough to get my ride, 2015 2.4L Tech, test fitted for Pro-Kit springs and camber kit at Eibach.

Going in, Eibach informed me that they'll test the OEM spring rate and overall specs to see if it any existing springs (Accord) would fit. Then they'd install the Pro-Kit, align, and test drive to see how it fits and performs. They stressed that Pro-Kit's goal is to provide lower center of gravity for better handling without sacrificing the OEM’s ride quality. The typical drop on the car around 1-1.5 inch, but they were expecting closer to 1.3 inch.

What they did:
Installed current gen Accord Pro-Kit. All specs met and didn’t need any adjustments
Aligned the car, but found -0.5 degree camber (this is within normal range when lowering)
Test fitted Eibach’s Rear Alignment Kit for Accord. A 3 piece set, but only used 2 rods b/c 3rd piece would mess with P-AWS. (Eibach didn’t have to do this, and -0.5 deg camber doesn’t warrant an alignment/camber kit IMO)
Aligned the TLX back to OE specs

I’ve had the TLX back since Wednesday night and I’m really impressed by it. I’ve had Eibach Pro-Kit before, but not since 1998. Hahaha. The car definitely maintains the OE ride quality. It adds nice firmness to the overall ride and steering is more direct/crisp. On freeways it hugs the road and when going over bumps, slight elevation drop, etc. it feels identical to stock. However, on low speeds, it’s slightly more bouncy than stock, but it’s not annoying. It’s mostly felt when going over bumps at a shopping mall.

I haven’t received the official numbers from them because they want to use the numbers for their PR announcement first. I’ll share it with you all when I get it. However, I did measure 27 1/4 in. front and 27 3/4 in. rear from ground to fender. My apologies in advance for the lack of and poor qualities of pics that I’ve attached. I’ll take better pics when my car is washed.

Not sure if everyone is aware, but Eibach has their own tooling and have been making their own parts for a long time. I’m not sure about RS*R, but I know H&R makes their own springs too. Generally speaking, the difference between Eibach and H&R is that H&R is slightly lower drop with higher spring rates, which make the ride firmer than Eibach. I’m not implying one set-up is better than the other, but just simply laying out characteristics. Everyone has their own driving characteristics and should make decisions based on what they want.

Overall, I really like this spring and I highly recommend it. The ride height is perfect (similar to RS*R and H&R) and the ride quality is perfect for daily. Would it be the best set-up for track, definitely not. This spring is meant to lower your car without sacrificing the ride quality and Eibach definitely delivered. I seriously cannot stress enough on the quality of the ride, it really maintains the OE characteristics.

Hope you found this useful and let me know if you have any questions. My guess is that Eibach will start selling this officially for the TLX in the next several weeks, but for those that need it now, you can order the current gen Accord Pro-Kit.

Last edited by emailnatec; 09-27-2015 at 01:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_D (10-14-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 05:42 AM
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Which 2 of the 3 arms did they use? Toe and Camber? I need a rear camber kit, my camber in the rear is -2.4, I'm on RSR Coil Overs. I've been waiting for a kit from SPC, but if the Accord one fits, i'll get it and just use the camber arm. I believe Eibach uses SPC for there alignment kits.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Dude. Make with the pictures!!!!

Rear camber was the only thing making me pause on lowering springs, I want everything within OEM specs. I was sold on the H&R's but would definitely like to see the PK installed before I decide.

I've had pro kits before and they never disappoint in the ride quality dept.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:16 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but this:

Originally Posted by emailnatec
It adds nice firmness to the overall ride and steering is more direct/crisp. On freeways it hugs the road and when going over bumps, slight elevation drop, etc. it feels identical to stock. However, on low speeds, it’s slightly more bouncy than stock, but it’s not annoying. It’s mostly felt when going over bumps at a shopping mall.
contradicts this:

I’ve had the TLX back since Wednesday night and I’m really impressed by it. The car definitely maintains the OE ride quality.

This spring is meant to lower your car without sacrificing the ride quality and Eibach definitely delivered.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:54 PM
Advanced

Sorry fellas. I guess the pics disappeared when I was editing the post.

Here it is. I still haven't gotten around to more pics tho. It'll come this week!
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-1.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-3.png   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-4.png   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-2.jpg  
Old 09-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AZuser
Maybe it's just me, but this:

contradicts this:

Springs can add firmness to the overall ride, but can feel bouncy when going over certain bumps. Not all springs are made out of same materials and they behave differently.

I was just being real nit picky as I try to share in detail. The ride quality isn't 100% OE, but it's probably the closest in the market. Let's just put it this way, if a driver or passenger were in the car without knowing it was dropped, most wouldn't think any of it and would think it as a sport model or something.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Silvaccordex01
Which 2 of the 3 arms did they use? Toe and Camber? I need a rear camber kit, my camber in the rear is -2.4, I'm on RSR Coil Overs. I've been waiting for a kit from SPC, but if the Accord one fits, i'll get it and just use the camber arm. I believe Eibach uses SPC for there alignment kits.
I don't know if Eibach uses SPC. My understanding was that they make all of their parts?...

I'm pretty sure they used the camber and toe arms, but I'll confirm and will let you know.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:18 AM
Pro

I don't know if Eibach uses SPC. My understanding was that they make all of their parts?...

I'm pretty sure they used the camber and toe arms, but I'll confirm and will let you know.
If you go to there website, and look at the Accord alignment kit, the photos clearly say SPC on the arms. I think they just used SPC parts for there branded alignment kit. Either way, SPC makes excellent alignment products, which is probably why Eibach uses them for there alignment correct kits.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-t700_ac260adaa974e40434d0ebac359b640e.jpg  
Old 09-28-2015, 01:44 AM
Advanced

If you go to there website, and look at the Accord alignment kit, the photos clearly say SPC on the arms. I think they just used SPC parts for there branded alignment kit. Either way, SPC makes excellent alignment products, which is probably why Eibach uses them for there alignment correct kits.
Thanks for the clarification. I know they make their own springs, coilovers, swaybars, and assumed they made the the kit too. I should have looked in the box, but I didn't. I can take a pic of the leftover bar and send it to you if you're interested.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
I hope swaybars and camber kit comes out soon.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
I find it so strange when companies go on about R&D yet they think it's fine to just throw some springs on from another car with totally different specs. I guess that shows the level of R&D being done haha.

Car looks nice with the drop btw.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I imagine it would be Camber and Castor since the All Wheel Steering must use the Toe portion to move the wheels in either direction, but I am just assuming what seemed obvious, but we all know it never is LOL
Old 09-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by advan031
I hope swaybars and camber kit comes out soon.
I'm not sure if they test fitted sway bars. Maybe they did and didn't give it to me. LOL. I wouldn't have taken it anyway tho.

Originally Posted by wreak
I find it so strange when companies go on about R&D yet they think it's fine to just throw some springs on from another car with totally different specs. I guess that shows the level of R&D being done haha.

Car looks nice with the drop btw.
Thanks, it's kind of tough to see with the tire wall being so dirty.

You'd be surprised by the number of shared parts that OEMs use. It's not a good business model to make specific springs for every car and honestly it's doesn't require it. Overall design of springs are identical. Companies differentiate through spring rates and height drop. This is usually achieved by the materials used.You can't satisfy all consumers because it's subjective. Companies will weigh and measure cars to see if any existing setup or combination of setups can work. Then they'll test fit and test drive. If vehicle dynamics meet companies' goal, then they'll release it to the market. For the cars they sponsor, I'd think they will make some parts for the teams and drivers, but not for general public. The general rule of thumb is +/-10% range of specs. Accord 4cyl and v6's weights are around 3,350 and 3,550, respectively. TLX 4 is around 3,500 and v6 ranges from 3,600 to 3,775. I'm assuming the Accord springs were designed for higher weight because Eibach informed me that test fitted spring will support all V6 too.

Originally Posted by sincitytsx
I imagine it would be Camber and Castor since the All Wheel Steering must use the Toe portion to move the wheels in either direction, but I am just assuming what seemed obvious, but we all know it never is LOL
Now that you point that out, that sounds more accurate. I'll confirm when I hear the official info from Eibach b/c they haven't shared everything.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sincitytsx
Just checked and you're right, they used the camber and caster. I took some pics of the toe adjuster and OEM camber and caster arms.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-1.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-2.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-3.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-photo-4.jpg  
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Hope they release front and rear sets soon!
Old 10-08-2015, 12:53 AM
Advanced

Finally, got around to a quick wash and pics. Much better than above pics.

Just checked Eibach's website and it seems as if the springs and alignment kit is available.

4cyl: eibach.com/america

V6: eibach.com/america

Alignment Kit: PRO-ALIGNMENT Camber Arm Kit | Eibach Springs
*Footnote: 4 Wheel Steering Toe Link Does Not Need To Be Replaced On The Acura Tlx. All Other Camber Arms Need Replacement For Camber Correction. | Camber Arm. Rear - Camber +/-3.0, Setback +/-1.0 Degrees Of Adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8669.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8668.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8672.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8673.jpg   Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8674.jpg  

Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_8675.jpg  
Old 10-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Looking good! SPC does in fact manufacture the Eibach alignment kits, but Eibach makes their own springs. A lot of times the SPC branded alignment kit will actually be a tad cheaper than the Eibach.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:41 PM
blah blah blah

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Did the springs settle any more then your original measurements?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:09 AM
Pro

My experience with the SPC camber kit

I bought the SPC Camber kit (Same kit Eibach uses) and had the car aligned today.

I have the RSR coilovers, and before the camber kit i had -2.4 camber in the rear, after i installed the kit its now at -1.3, which is within specs (-0.5 to -1.8 is within specs) This almost centered the rear camber on the machine, but the arms were maxed out (with this kit the more threads on the arm shown is negative camber, the less amount of threads is positive camber, the arms could not be turned any further) I was surprised by this as this is advertised as being able to correct +-3 degrees. I'm assuming since this kit was designed for previous generation TL, Accord and TSX is why the adjustments are different.

One other thing to note is, the 2 arms that get installed PER the kit instructions are the Camber arm, and the Setback arm. On the TLX, the setback arm adjusts the Camber, and the camber arm will adjust TOE. There was no setback adjustment as far as my tech could tell, and everything on the alignment print out showed within specs, and it drives straight, no pull and the steering wheel is centered.

Maybe if there is ever a TLX specific kit released there will be more adjustments for camber, but i didn't want to keep waiting, as my rear tires were already showing increased inside wear (9/32 outside, 8/32 inside). SPC was supposed to be working on a kit, but last i heard it was delayed with no ETA. I'm not sure how the kit will differ, as the arms are identical besides how they adjust the car (You don't use the TOE arm in the kit, as the TLX TOE arm is the PAWS unit) Oh, and there is also a bracket to attach the e brake cable on one of the arms, but that is not needed on the TLX as there is no cable.

Here's a photo of the completed alignment specs. And yes i know the Model of car says TL, but this dealership said the specs are the same between the TL and TLX. I took it to a Honda dealership a tech i know works at, and they don't have the newest software update with the TLX in it. The Acura dealership by me won't align lowered vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-Kit and Alignment Kit Test Fitted-img_0093.jpg  
Old 01-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
All said and done, was lowering the "worth" the expense? Any problems scraping or bottoming out?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 99CL
Did the springs settle any more then your original measurements?
Sorry for late response 99CL, they did settle just a bit. The front now sits at 27" 1/8 and rear at 27"5/8. This is an all around 1/8 inch settle.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rocket_pup
All said and done, was lowering the "worth" the expense? Any problems scraping or bottoming out?
Yeah, I still stand behind by what I've written. I still really like the ride quality and don't have any issues with major scraping. I do scrape here and there, but the scrape isn't actually on the front lip area, but the scrape is coming from the bottom of the bumper, the protective black plastic that runs across. The front lips are still scratch free.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
is the camber kit for FWD only?
Old 02-20-2016, 11:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by K3RMiTdot
is the camber kit for FWD only?
It shouldn't be. I'm not 100% sure if SH-AWD has some sort of P-AWS type of rear steer assist built in. If it does, then you wouldn't use the toe adjuster. If it doesn't have rear steer assist, then it'll probably use all of the 3-piece set.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
I had a Koni FSD and Eibach Pro kit setup on my previous car and was a huge fan of it. In fact it was slightly more comfortable than the OEM sport suspension my car came with, but it still lowered the car slightly and gave it a more confidence inspiring handling characteristic.

Definitely want to swap out the suspension components on the TLX to reduce wheel gap, slightly increase on road performance, and not lose any of the everyday comfort of the OEM setup. Curious to start reading of comparisons between the Eibach Pro Kit, RSR Down springs, and RSR Coilovers (among others).
Old 02-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by E90 Skye
I had a Koni FSD and Eibach Pro kit setup on my previous car and was a huge fan of it. In fact it was slightly more comfortable than the OEM sport suspension my car came with, but it still lowered the car slightly and gave it a more confidence inspiring handling characteristic.

Definitely want to swap out the suspension components on the TLX to reduce wheel gap, slightly increase on road performance, and not lose any of the everyday comfort of the OEM setup. Curious to start reading of comparisons between the Eibach Pro Kit, RSR Down springs, and RSR Coilovers (among others).
Really enjoying my ride in terms of stance, comfort, and handling. It's just low enough to scrape the bottom black plastic guards below the bumper, but still no scrapes on the lips of the bumper.

I haven't been in any other TLX that's been lowered, but it would be nice to just to know where the Eibach compares to others.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
It shouldn't be. I'm not 100% sure if SH-AWD has some sort of P-AWS type of rear steer assist built in. If it does, then you wouldn't use the toe adjuster. If it doesn't have rear steer assist, then it'll probably use all of the 3-piece set.
I don't believe so, but i could be wrong
Old 03-15-2016, 07:21 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
So has Eibach or anyone confirmed that these work on the SHAWD TLX?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MTD
So has Eibach or anyone confirmed that these work on the SHAWD TLX?
It'll fit w/o any issues.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:27 PM
UA8
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH BOY. ... Okay so well. This is my experience with the new PAWS.

Since the PAWS arm is the Toe arm in the rear, and you cannot remove it due to a sensor on the PAWS arm or it will go into LIMP Mode.

For those who are attempting to get greater camber than -3 deg., your PAWS toe will not adjust to factory spec past that camber degree. Even if you only do the SPC Rear Camber Arm and SPC Rear Setback. The PAWS toe arms will be maxed out.

Long arm - Camber
Short arm - Toe (PAWS for some)
Mid arm towards the front - Setback arm

Now here it the question. What front camber kit did you go with? (besides a coilover camber plate)