Sometimes I am not able to turn on the heated seat!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Sometimes I am not able to turn on the heated seat!

I have a TLX SH-AWD and sometimes (about 1 out of every 5 times I use my car) I am not able to turn on the driver-side heated seat.

What happens is I start that car and when pressing on the seat screen small button, it brings-up the page allowing the various (Off, Auto, Low-Med-Hi) settings for seat heat (and cooling), and the "Off" bar is selected and I cannot turn the heated seat on regardless of pushing any sequence of screen buttons. The only way I am able to turn on the heated seat is to turn the car off, and re-start the engine again; this seems to "clear" the issue and I can then turn on the heated seat. I am guessing this is a typical computer "glitch", but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced being locked-out of turning on the heated seat? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Any chance you used the remote start before experiencing this problem? Is so see this thread https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...-issue-923943/, and close this one.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
There are three threads on this issue....https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...orking-920855/
Old 04-03-2015, 12:00 PM
Advanced

Sorry, I was unable to finish the above post before time ran out... another thread on seat heater malfunction is at:
https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...-issue-923943/

One of the threads links a You Tube video of the seats failing to function after using remote start (as Quandry cites) and is a common problem with the Advance option. Another problem is the heated seat "Auto" function does not work properly at all. Pressing "auto" from the heated seat menu will actually turn the seats off. Acura told me to turn the seats on from the seat heater menu and not to use the "auto" button at all. So my question to the dealer and Acura was/is: if the "on button" turns the seats on and off, and the "auto" button also turns the seats off, why is the "auto" button there at all?...in short Acura can't explain why the button is there and what it's there for.

I have found similar control/programming malfunctions with the seat cooling feature, but won't get to test it properly until the temperatures get warmer.

I recommend anyone with these issues contact Acura Client Relations...who will most likely tell you to take your car in to complete a service ticket. 800 382 2238

Last edited by JonfromCB; 04-03-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

We can beat this topic to death but it will not change the outcome. It is a software problem that exists with US models but works correctly with the Canadians models.

I would like to get the ODMD update and full address navigation entry on my Canadian model but wishing so will not make it happen. Hopefully this will be resolved some time in the future.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:56 PM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not all US models - I have had mine on Auto since I purchased in December, and they have always come on including after I have used the remote start.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Quandry
We can beat this topic to death but it will not change the outcome. It is a software problem that exists with US models but works correctly with the Canadians models.

I would like to get the ODMD update and full address navigation entry on my Canadian model but wishing so will not make it happen. Hopefully this will be resolved some time in the future.
I'm glad you are not having the seat problem and hope you can dredge up some empathy on the issue based on the relativity of your ODMD frustrations.

Many of us don't fee these topics will have been "beat to death" until Acura fixes them and this forum is more than just an outlet for owners frustrations. It's a very public way to keep real consumer issues in the spotlight with owners having the same problems, perspective buyers, and most of all it keeps Acura aware of what real owners have to say about their products. There should be value in that for all.

If you think a thread should be closed, a topic is dead, or feel the need to "downplay" an issue or member; or If you're not experiencing the same issues some of the rest of us are talking about, perhaps you'd have less anxiety if you just avoid those threads rather than interjecting your constant off topic fault finding bickering with multiple issues, threads and people who don't say things you obviously don't want them too. It's quite possible others have the same feelings about you as you have about them, but don't have your need to let everyone else know.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well, were those comments directed at me? I guess so. People are free to express their frustrations but I will comment when a new topic is created without having used the "search" function to do a basic query to see if this had been discussed before. Incidentally, was I not the first person to suggest the probable scenario when the problem might occur and pointed out an existing thread?

But maybe you are suggesting that everyone with a problem open up a new thread even if it has been raised and discussed many times before, and cross post the same information multiple times in the hope that it will get the attention of Acura. Good luck with that. Maybe it is time for me to move on.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-.../#post15914835