Problem opening trunk with keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Problem opening trunk with keyfob

I am having a problem opening my trunk lid with my keyfob when the glove box "main switch" is turned off. In my last 2 Acuras, a 1G TSX and a 2G TSX, I was able to turn off/disable the trunk release lever/switch in the glove box but still able to open the trunk with the keyfob/switchblade key. When I purchased my V6 TLX tech, I thought I was initially able to turn off the trunk release switch in the car and lock the glovebox but still open the trunk with the keyfob button. But my keyfob battery died and after replacing it, I'm no longer able to open the trunk lid with the keyfob button if I have turned off the trunk main switch in the glovebox. Anybody have any idea what the problem is?
Old 01-27-2017, 08:07 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
The manual is pretty clear:
The trunk main switch disables the trunk
release button on the remote transmitter
, the
trunk release button on the trunk lid and
trunk release on the driver side control panel
to protect cargo in the trunk.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by jim256
The manual is pretty clear:
The trunk main switch disables the trunk
release button on the remote transmitter
, the
trunk release button on the trunk lid and
trunk release on the driver side control panel
to protect cargo in the trunk.
Well damn, that sucks. Would have made more sense if Acura just included a blank key to change out in the fob in the event you need to leave your keys with valet. Now I have to decide if I'm going to disconnect both buttons. I need to lock/unlock my glove box/trunk all the time.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
Thats the whole point to it that you lock the trunk, so you hand the valet the key fob WITHOUT the physical key half attached so they are not able to open the glovebox or the trunk. Thats the reason also the way to fold down the backseats are through the trunk so the trunk is unreachable to the valet. Protects everything in your trunk and glovebox. Sounds like they did it right to me.