Major problem. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 33 Posts
Major problem. Help!

Hello,

I know I rarely post on here but I'm having a major problem and need some help. While driving the TLX the other day I started getting every alert message imaginable! Every light on the dash came on and the display started reading everything from P-AWS problem to Transmission problem, to Blind spot alert problem! I pulled to the side of the road and contacted Acura Link who had the car towed to the dealership. So far they are saying the mechanics have looked at and driven the car, recognized that it is having a major issue but that they have no idea whats going on, they have reached out to Acura's engineering department in California in an attempt to figure out whats going on. I've included a video to show whats its doing. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Im really worried about the future reliability of this car considering it only had 27,000 miles on it now.

Thanks for any help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffLA...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
This same issue has been reported here before. I dont think they have found the cause.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
This same issue has been reported here before. I dont think they have found the cause.
So without a cause being found do you know what they are doing about the cars? I wouldn't think they could fix them without knowing the source of the problem.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
It looks like there are two main possibilities. Depending on the DTCs, it could be either a couple of software updates and an idle learn, or a problem with the toe actuators in the PAWS system. Did the transmission feel like it was stuck in one gear and not shifting?
Old 07-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by shmobby
It looks like there are two main possibilities. Depending on the DTCs, it could be either a couple of software updates and an idle learn, or a problem with the toe actuators in the PAWS system. Did the transmission feel like it was stuck in one gear and not shifting?
No the transmission felt like it was shifting fine, though the 1st to 2nd gear shift felt a little more harsh than normal. The biggest thing with driving was the rear felt almost like it was being pulled, almost as though the P-AWS system may not be allowing the wheels to steer in the proper direction. Keep in mind i didn't drive it for more than maybe 3 miles after these lights came on, really just long enough to get that video.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Take a look at this thread and thread linked in it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-...lights-944181/
Old 07-12-2016, 05:23 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
My right rear wheel speed sensor started to fail and this happened. Took a bit for it to show codes, once it did they were able to identify it and replace. No problem since.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:09 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
1st week I had my 2015/TLX/SH-AWD/Tech, the same thing happened; of course on a Sunday; lol; anyway, brought it in the next day, they fixed the computer error, & it's never happened again; good luck!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
looks like it could be a few different things. You'll probably need to make sure the lights are on when you take it to the dealer so that they can pull codes effectively. Sometimes if the lights aren't on, the codes don't get stored for some reason. With a DTC, they should be able to figure out what to do, or at least have something to call for help with.

best of luck!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Check the thread that ggesq posted and the link I posted in it. If the problem is that, it's somewhat common (or was, at least). It happened to me twice.

You may also want to check this TSB out : http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-041.PDF
And this one (this, I believe, is similar to what they did for me the 2nd time it happened to me, but the TSB wasn't out yet at the time it happened) : http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B15-050.PDF
Old 07-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
When this happened to my car the second time, the dealer found that a wheel speed sensor was defective.
This is after I told them to look in that direction thanks to posts in Acurazine.
Since replacing the wheel speed sensor, the problem hasn't returned.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (07-17-2016)