Has Acura fixed the highway vibration issues on the 2016 models?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 06:33 PM
rxr
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
Thanks for the feedback. On my way to work this morning, I looked over at the passenger seat and there was a slight wobble. Wasn't shaking crazy but noticeable. Then again, my previous vehicle was a WRX that drove like it was on rails, and the suspension was harsh and stiff. You could literally feel everything on the road. If there are any vibrations in my TLX, I suppose I'm not as sensitive to it considering what I drove prior.
So no vibration issues at all with the WRX on the highway? I'm considering the wrx or sti...
Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by rxr
So no vibration issues at all with the WRX on the highway? I'm considering the wrx or sti...
No vibration at highway speeds. But because of the firm suspension, you're going to feel every bump and dip in the road. Can be a very harsh ride that will get old fast if you do lots of highway driving. Not to mention there's only minimal sound isolation so you're going to hear the roar of the wind and tires, and the droning of the exhaust. The unpleasant NVH on my 2016 WRX was the reason why I got rid of it. Otherwise, a very FUN car.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:23 PM
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I had the tires replace once, and still had vibration. Then they found another of the new tires bad and replaced that tire and did road force balance. For first 100 miles, it seemed better, but Ive now concluded that the vibration above 70mph is still there, and won't go away with just tires and balancing. This is a mechanical issue that only Acura can fix. My dealer has been good, but I think they have done all that they can. Im going to cancel the maintenance contract that I purchased with the car, as I will not keep this long enough to gain any maintenance benefit. If Acura does not ever come up with a fix other than the tires, Ill get rid of this car in the spring and go back to Infiniti. This car is too expensive to have this much vibration. My jeep and 2010Saab ridesmuch better at highway speeds with much less vibration. I
Old 10-07-2016, 11:07 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2015 TLX SH-AWD, V6. At 36,000 km, the rear rotors were resurfaced, the front rotors replaced (both of which I find very disappointing, I think its fair to say that Honda/Acura brakes suck) and the tires road force balanced and rotated. That was the start of my vibration issues, generally from 115km/h and up, there is a vibration. Interesting that sometimes it is barely noticeable while other times it is quite obvious. Even my teenage girls can feel it, so it must be bad Anyway, been to the dealer and they tried to tell me it was when VCM is activated and it was considered normal. That was a little embarrassing for them once I told them that in Sport+ mode, when VCM is not active, it is still there. Either way, I told them that vibration in a $50K car is not "normal" or acceptable. It's also interesting that in the US there are 27 recalls for the TLX and in Canada there are 2. That blows my mind. Someone at Acura, very high up, has decided that these known issues are non-existent or unimportant in Canada. This is very disappointing. We have owned 13+ Honda/Acura vehicles and currently have 3. They may be the last if they don't step up and resolve this. Having said all that, the dealer in London, Ontario, Acura West, have been sympathetic and willing to work with me on this one. At the last service, where I sent them the list of 27 US recalls and told them that as many as 7 of them might apply to my TLX, they told me that Acura Canada has now admitted that there is a problem and are hoping to have a fix available in late October or November. There saying it in the suspension mounts or axles. Here's hoping. For all those thinking it must be the tires out of balance, I can assure you, this has nothing to do with tires. Even though the Goodyear tires are junk, newer tires will only mask the issue for a period of time and then it is back. If this can't be resolved, I will have to get rid of the car, it is not only annoying when driving on the highway, but very disappointing, especially at this price point. Friends with Audi, MB, BMW, hell even Fords don't have these types of issues. We also have a 2011 BMW 335 that is as smooth a butter. On another note, I do find the ride quality of the TLX too soft, it really is a modern day Buick. They advertise it as a sports sedan, but there is nothing sport about this TLX. Just about every other car, even the Honda Accord has a far better (stiffer) suspension. Our BMW is rock solid at 160 km/h and much higher speeds (I know, I know, we're not supposed to drive that fast but sometimes I can't help myself), I would describe the TLX as dangerous at speed. Above 150km/h it has that old GM float feeling. Also interesting that I recently drove a 2005 Acura RL, even at its old age of 12 years, it is a far, far better riding/handling car than the TLX. At speed it feels like my BMW. Too bad that DNA didn't make it into the TLX. Maybe they're chasing the 50+ crowd who want sofa soft in their car, but that is not for me. If the vibration doesn't get resolved, I'm trading it on a gently used BMW 5 series. For those trying to get the issues resolved, at least here in Canada, we have some hope in the next month or so. Time will tell.....
Old 10-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
I would describe the TLX as dangerous at speed. Above 150km/h it has that old GM float feeling.
THAT is due to the tires. With the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S-3s I have on there, I certainly do not have that problem, and I have hit those speeds. The only problem I have with the car at those speeds is wanting to either stay at those speeds or go faster.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WildWilly1100
I have a 2015 TLX SH-AWD, V6. At 36,000 km, the rear rotors were resurfaced, the front rotors replaced (both of which I find very disappointing, I think its fair to say that Honda/Acura brakes suck) and the tires road force balanced and rotated. That was the start of my vibration issues, generally from 115km/h and up, there is a vibration. Interesting that sometimes it is barely noticeable while other times it is quite obvious. Even my teenage girls can feel it, so it must be bad Anyway, been to the dealer and they tried to tell me it was when VCM is activated and it was considered normal. That was a little embarrassing for them once I told them that in Sport+ mode, when VCM is not active, it is still there. Either way, I told them that vibration in a $50K car is not "normal" or acceptable. It's also interesting that in the US there are 27 recalls for the TLX and in Canada there are 2. That blows my mind. Someone at Acura, very high up, has decided that these known issues are non-existent or unimportant in Canada. This is very disappointing. We have owned 13+ Honda/Acura vehicles and currently have 3. They may be the last if they don't step up and resolve this. Having said all that, the dealer in London, Ontario, Acura West, have been sympathetic and willing to work with me on this one. At the last service, where I sent them the list of 27 US recalls and told them that as many as 7 of them might apply to my TLX, they told me that Acura Canada has now admitted that there is a problem and are hoping to have a fix available in late October or November. There saying it in the suspension mounts or axles. Here's hoping. For all those thinking it must be the tires out of balance, I can assure you, this has nothing to do with tires. Even though the Goodyear tires are junk, newer tires will only mask the issue for a period of time and then it is back. If this can't be resolved, I will have to get rid of the car, it is not only annoying when driving on the highway, but very disappointing, especially at this price point. Friends with Audi, MB, BMW, hell even Fords don't have these types of issues. We also have a 2011 BMW 335 that is as smooth a butter. On another note, I do find the ride quality of the TLX too soft, it really is a modern day Buick. They advertise it as a sports sedan, but there is nothing sport about this TLX. Just about every other car, even the Honda Accord has a far better (stiffer) suspension. Our BMW is rock solid at 160 km/h and much higher speeds (I know, I know, we're not supposed to drive that fast but sometimes I can't help myself), I would describe the TLX as dangerous at speed. Above 150km/h it has that old GM float feeling. Also interesting that I recently drove a 2005 Acura RL, even at its old age of 12 years, it is a far, far better riding/handling car than the TLX. At speed it feels like my BMW. Too bad that DNA didn't make it into the TLX. Maybe they're chasing the 50+ crowd who want sofa soft in their car, but that is not for me. If the vibration doesn't get resolved, I'm trading it on a gently used BMW 5 series. For those trying to get the issues resolved, at least here in Canada, we have some hope in the next month or so. Time will tell.....
I live in Canada and have a 2015 with the vibration issue (like many other owners). My dealer (who has been very accommodating so far) told me earlier this year that it is known problem and that Acura is working on a service bulletin for it. After a little while, I called Acura Canada Client Services to make an official complaint over the summer - they reiterated that Acura is working on it and should have a service bulletin at some point during the fall. Still waiting... I suggest that you call Acura Client Services (Contact Us) to make a complaint. Perhaps they will react faster if more of us complain..
Old 10-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
On my car, twchline advised my service rep to take out the propeller shaft and drive the car in 2wd mode and check if vibration still exist. Not sure if any1 else has had their propeller shaft tested... maybe this is the new service bulletin theyre working on?
Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by mondster
On my car, twchline advised my service rep to take out the propeller shaft and drive the car in 2wd mode and check if vibration still exist. Not sure if any1 else has had their propeller shaft tested... maybe this is the new service bulletin theyre working on?

My FWD 4cyl. wobbles like crazy, has from day 1 with now 4 sets of new tires. The problem is worse sometimes than others. The propeller shaft is not the problem.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:55 PM
3rd Gear

Got my first service done today

I took my car for the first oil change/service and mentioned about vibrations. They noted and performed below.

Description: STEERING/SUSPENSION
Complaint: C/S WHEN DRIVING A 55-65MPH STEERING WHEEL SHAKES.
Correction: BALANCED TIRES 1.2

I was wondering if this below TSB applies to non-AWD TLXs also.
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B16-009.PDF
Old 10-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My I4 didn't vibrate but did not feel planted above 60mph, not confidence inspiring. My Civic Si was glued even up to 100mph. I like the shock absorption of TLX though.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SinCityTLX
My FWD 4cyl vibrates as well. I have bitched about it many times at the dealership and they say I am crazy, but the car shakes so I know they are full of shit and just wanting to pass it off. The wobble is worse at some times, so that is indicative it isn't the tires. I have also replaced the tires 4 times with a new set. I did get heavier Nitto Invos this time around and the dampen the vibration/wobble, but it is amply apparent still.
WTF ... I had a FWD 2013 RDX that was ditched for this same reason (although I was not the happiest person in the world with the crappy VCM, lots and lots of plastic and noisy suspension).

I find it hard to believe that 3 years down the road, RDX new owners are going through the same situation. Yep, same MO in my case; first trying to make me think that the vehicle was totally fine, running at normal specs and that it was all in my head; but that thing kept vibrating (felt mostly at steering, pedals and shift lever) at highway speeds and the VCM subtle vibration kept acting up in city driving. Tried different tires, took it to an discount tire shop where they used the road force balancing method. After that I thought that the problem was gone and reality hit me hard when I reached 75-80 again in the highway. That stupid thing was getting to my nerves and I was not a happy driver those days, so I decided to get rid of the vehicle and not a single vibration in my new vehicle, so Acura, IT WAS NOT in my head
Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
See TSB 16-057 - Vibration Felt In Front Seats and Floor at Highway Speeds in the 2015 and 2016 TSB threads.
The following users liked this post:
cube1 (11-03-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 05:40 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
In my case, the dealer said my front brake rotors were warped. They replaced them under warranty on my 2015 FWD V6 TECH, and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I have a 2016 TLX SHAWD and experiencing the same vibration issue. Dealer proceeded with the TSB 16-057 and i still have the issue when driving at speed between 110 and 120 KM/H
Anyone else still having issue or have their problem solved.

I am from Mtl, Canada
Old 12-21-2016, 02:43 PM
10th Gear

Hello all.... Well I'm just back from the dealer. First off I have to say that Acura West in London (Ontario) are first rate. They've listened to all my complaints and worked with Acura Canada to see if we could come to a resolution. They performed Bulletin # J-12-16, not sure if this is a recall or not. Anyway, they replaced an upper side engine mount and bolts, upper transmission mount and bolts (under the air filter), then hauled apart the rear subframe to replace bushings and bolts. The new bushings are supposed to be made of a better (?) material that isolates the vibrations more than the originals. So far I've only driven home, about 15 kms and the car feels very different, much more solid than before. I haven't had a chance to get up to highway speed but I'm hoping to do that tonight on the 401/402 and see what happens. Sadly, the 9 spd tranny still sucks, its just such a bad design/implementation, hesitation when pulling away, hard shift from 2nd to 3rd. Still worried about the engine mounts as I seem to have a slight clunk in the front, strongly considering the VCMuzzler so that the VCM is always turned off. They did tell me that the 2015 trannys were built by Getrag but for 2016 forward, they pulled the manufacturing of the tranny back in house and that the programming is much better. I will have to drive a 2017 to see if that's the case. Hoping to borrow a 2017 for the weekend in January and will see what happens. Hopefully, this all makes a difference and if you're in Canada and have these problems, call your dealer and ask for the J-12-16 work to be done, it certainly can't make it worse.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
hey guys i had the tsb done as well and car vibration was cut by half and firmer on the road. only after i installed my VCmuzzler is when the car became smooooooth as glass. No more vibration at allllll. VCM contributed to a lot of those vibrations.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:31 PM
10th Gear

Vcm

I would say mine is significantly better as well, did about 200 kms (130 miles) on the highway last night. If I keep the car, I think I will order the VCMuzzler as well. Can't believe they won't give us an option to turn it off.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

Another update.... Since the service work before Christmas to replace tranny mounts and rear end bushings, things are better, but not great. We still have a slight vibration at highway speed, the transmission still sucks and we've had a few incidents in traffic where pushing on the go peddle, does not result in going. Almost got creamed once as the car took about 2-3 seconds to decide it would go. Not sure if this is a tranny issue, drive by wire or sensor issue thinking I'm about to hit something, but having a car in rush hour downtown traffic that doesn't want to go when you hit the go peddle, is a definite safety issue and completely unacceptable to me. Another issue has started as well lately, the heated seats cannot be turned on, so we have stop, put the car in Park, turn off the car and try again. Basically, a reboot of the system, sounds a lot like all the crap the Ford guys went through with Microsoft Sync for several years. I've decided to give up on this car, there are too many issues and I'm not at all convinced that this car will live a long, low maintenance life, like the 15 Honda/Acura cars that have come before. I've driven the 2017 TLX Elite and it has a slight vibration, which could be VCM related, however, the tranny has all the same issues, it also stalled in rush hour traffic, which means I am not at all interested in getting another TLX. Soooo.... I've been working with the dealer (Acura West, who has been great), to see if we can find a way to get out of the car and into something else. Of course, they have to deal with Acura Canada, who has determined that my car is operating as designed and has no issues and requires no further repairs, all is well in their minds. If I get t-boned at an intersection due to the car not wanting to go, I guess it sucks to be me. If a class action was launched, I would not be surprised and I would join. This car is not as advertised. According to them, I'm about $10K upside down, what we owe vs what its worth, which is also very unusual for a Honda/Acura. The amount quoted for the trade in is about $5K less than Canadian Blackbook, so something smells fishy to me. They've offered to meet me 1/2 way with $5K towards the lease buyout, leaving me on the hook for $5K to get out of a lemon. Not loving Honda/Acura at the moment. Also, no discount, cash or interest rate, on buying another Honda/Acura. I guess there's no such thing as a loyal customer anymore to them. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed and this will likely be my last Honda/Acura. Having owned 16 Honda cars/suvs and 5 Honda motorcycles, I've basically been a Honda guy since I was a kid riding around on a Trail 70. Now to find a way to get out of the car, perhaps Leasebusters.com but then the car becomes someone else's problem and that's not fair. Also, due to deep discounts on the new ones and better interest rates, you can get a new one, if you're so inclined, for a lower payment than I have, therefore, I have to throw $$ at it to make it go away. All in all, feeling burned by a company I have supported for almost 40 years. Live and learn.....
Old 02-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Advanced

This is incredible. My dealer told me to bring back the car , but i need to put the original wheels and tires on it. I am in Québec and there is a law for winter tires. So i have to wait till i can put back the 4 seasons tire ( March 15 ) to bring them back the car and they will look at it. Very, very disappointed. After this , if they did not fix the issue, i will go public with this issue. I will call the tv network.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:57 PM
10th Gear

This afternoon I met with the dealer for about an hour and he is going to do his best to get me out of the car. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Interesting that they still have 2016 V6 Elites on the lot with $5,500 discounts from Acura and he will gladly sell for cost to get rid of them. That drives down the prices for any used TLXs. So you can probably get into a new 2016 for about $40K CDN. I'll post when I know more. I'm really saddened that it has come to this. The TLX is a good car and a good value, but the car is just not up Honda/Acura levels. Too many bean counters at head office I guess.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i took my car to the dealer and they did this but i felt vibration on steering wheel worst im taking it back next week im worried because i been reading and there is no solved problem upset
Old 03-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Advanced

i took my car to the dealer and they did this but i felt vibration on steering wheel worst it didnt help at all im taking it back next week im worried because i been reading and there is no solved problem upset
Old 03-17-2017, 07:03 PM
10th Gear

Another update, March 2017, a new transmission has been ordered and we are waiting for it to arrive and be installed. Will post an update once we have some miles on the new tranny. Fingers crossed. Still have a vibration in the back end.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Advanced

just got the car back from the dealer they had the car for 2 weeks they feel the vibration but the scanner pr computer they conect to read the vibrations, so the scanner didnt read anything and they told me to put more miles to see if the vibration get worst thats what technitians from acura told the acura mechanics so in about 5000 miles more im taking the car back to the dealer
Old 03-27-2017, 11:32 AM
10th Gear

Well the new transmission is installed, car was gone for almost 2 weeks and the loaner was a 2016 MDX. If the TLX was the same as the MDX, I'd be quite happy. So I pick up the car on Saturday afternoon. They talk it up about how smooth it is and everything is great, I'll definitely be happy with this new tranny. Sadly, it doesn't take long to find out that we now have new problems. Makes you wonder if they even test drive these things after major work. The shifting is smoother, although, still obvious at times, but not as bad as before. There are two new problems now, at certain speeds, it feels like hitting the rumble strips on the highway, not as bad as actually hitting them, but the exact same feeling and sound. Also, around 1500-1600 RPMs at the right speeds (gear?), the steering wheel vibrates now. Not a shake like unbalanced tires, but an actual vibration. Hoping to meet with the general manager again this afternoon to see what to do next.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well the new transmission is installed, car was gone for almost 2 weeks and the loaner was a 2016 MDX. If the TLX was the same as the MDX, I'd be quite happy. So I pick up the car on Saturday afternoon. They talk it up about how smooth it is and everything is great, I'll definitely be happy with this new tranny. Sadly, it doesn't take long to find out that we now have new problems. Makes you wonder if they even test drive these things after major work. The shifting is smoother, although, still obvious at times, but not as bad as before. There are two new problems now, at certain speeds, it feels like hitting the rumble strips on the highway, not as bad as actually hitting them, but the exact same feeling and sound. Also, around 1500-1600 RPMs at the right speeds (gear?), the steering wheel vibrates now. Not a shake like unbalanced tires, but an actual vibration. Hoping to meet with the general manager again this afternoon to see what to do next.
at around 40 mph? If so, it is VCM. Does it go away when you lightly press the accelerator?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:48 AM
10th Gear

It seems to be around 1400-1600 RPM in any gear so it happens at many different speeds. If it is the VCM, it's something it never did before the transmission was replaced. All I want now is to get rid of this piece of crap. After 16 Honda/Acura vehicles, I'm done. Too much time, energy and $$ wasted on something that is totally Acura's problem, but they won't do anything about it. I've lost all faith in the company to build quality cars, the bean counters are in charge, no engineers running this joint anymore. 2012 Odyssey Touring, engine rebuild at 60,000 KMs, most likely caused by the VCM with cylinders screwed up, rings worn, etc. 2015 Odyssey Touring, new front struts and some engine work at 20,000 KMs and the TLX. As they say.... 3 up, 3 down, you're out! We still have a 2013 Civic with 130,000 KMs and no issues at all and a 2016 CR-V with 11,000 KMs, hopefully, it is more like the Civic and less like the TLX. Time to move on. I wouldn't even expect this kind of trouble from a Detroit car. My expectation, based on the previous Honda/Acura cars is to get to 200,000 KMs with only minor maintenance, tires, brakes and not much else. To have 3 cars in a row with what I describe as major issues demonstrate a pattern – poor quality. The dealer has been top shelf and we are working to get rid of the car. If all goes well it will be gone by the end of April. I feel bad for them, as I think they are well aware that they are selling cars that are not as good as they once were. Add to that, my 2011 BMW 335i Cabrio with 85,000 KMs and its been a perfect car. Smooth, none of the issues of the TLX and so far maintenance has been very minimal. Oil changes every 20,000 KMs and brakes (under warranty) at 65,000 KMs. That's it and how it should be with any modern car really.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
It's been said by a couple of members on the other TLX forum that the vibration is in the subframe and was fixed by adding larger rubber insulation. I'm just the messenger but since nothing else seems to work ,,,,,
Old 04-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Pro

Received 197 Likes on 111 Posts
I observed the same problem after the transmission replacement. It appears to be about 90% the VCM and about 10% more aggressive shift programming that puts you into as high a gear as possible as early as possible. To me the sound is a lot like transmission lugging. A slight touch to the accelerator and it goes away. I noticed everywhere from 20 mph up to 80 mph. My dealer did the vibration TSB and that did not help.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Looks like we are not getting anywhere with ACURA. They said they are working on a fix, but i couln'd not beleive that they had this issue for over 2 years and that they did not come with a final fix so far. This has nothing to do with tires, as i bought an " A-Spec" kit from Acura that put new 19 inches wheels and Pirelli tires and STILL have a light vibration at around 118 Km/h and above. So, changing tires, having the TSB perform did not completely fix this issue in my case. One of the Insurance quality people i work with, suggested me to mention to Acura and the dealer that if they did not fix the issue in the next 2 weeks, that i will go public with this issue. That mean the social network. Big company does not like to see their name with bad comments on the social network, and most of them now have people that look and screen them.

Guess it will be my next step if nothing happen in the next 2 weeks.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:22 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Tardym
Looks like we are not getting anywhere with ACURA. They said they are working on a fix, but i couln'd not beleive that they had this issue for over 2 years and that they did not come with a final fix so far. This has nothing to do with tires, as i bought an " A-Spec" kit from Acura that put new 19 inches wheels and Pirelli tires and STILL have a light vibration at around 118 Km/h and above. So, changing tires, having the TSB perform did not completely fix this issue in my case. One of the Insurance quality people i work with, suggested me to mention to Acura and the dealer that if they did not fix the issue in the next 2 weeks, that i will go public with this issue. That mean the social network. Big company does not like to see their name with bad comments on the social network, and most of them now have people that look and screen them.

Guess it will be my next step if nothing happen in the next 2 weeks.
I had the TSB done as well, and while it did reduce the vibration, there is still some present. Unfortunately, I think that it is the best we can expect from Acura. I am also wondering how much of that vibration is contributed by the VCM.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I've been following this thread and another one on the other TLX forum for quite a while. From what I'm reading, I believe this one issue is caused by more than one source and the service people don't know what they are. Either that, or they start with tires b/c that's the cheapest. If that doesn't work and the customer raises enough hell, then maybe they'll look at the next potential source. It seems the vibrations are a combination of any or several -- axle, tires and/or the rear subframe. My $.02

Last edited by slimm1469; 05-10-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Wink TLX Vibrations

Good morning everyone,

I sent a "Formal Notice" to Acura Canada and the dealer. Few days after they received it, i got a call from Acura Canada that decided to send an Engineer to have a road test with me. I am now waiting for the Engeneer to call me to Schedule the road test.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:08 PM
5th Gear

I purchased a 2017 Tlx V-6 base this past April. I did not notice the vibration during the test drive due to the salesman sitting beside me. When I finally drove it home that's when I noticed it. The front passenger seat,seat belt anchor all the way to the headrest were vibrating . This is happening at different speeds. It vibrates when the road surface changes, when it goes through bumps and at freeway speeds between 60 to 70 mph. I have seen you tube videos on the exact thing that I am experiencing. I've been to the dealer several times the first two they had balanced the tires . On both occasions I had to test drive the car with 2 different mechanics and I told them to sit in the rear . They acknowledged the vibration issue and told me they will talk to the service manager. The third time I told them to check on any tsb's . The service manager told me to break in the car up to 700 miles, The fourth time Acura goodwilled me new 19 " Michelin tires since I have the diamond cut accessory wheels also they performed the vibration tsb. Still vibrating/ wobbling. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the Acura district manager to show him what I am experiencing. I have been a loyal Honda/ Acura since 1985 and I have never been disappointed till now.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:34 AM
10th Gear

Another update, since its been a few months. The dealer has the TLX trying to sell it on consignment, so I'm still making payments but they have the car. They've had it now for 2 months and no buyers, only 3 test drives! It's the lowest price TLX Elite in Canada, and it has tinted windows, rear spoiler, winter mats and the illuminated door sills, about $2,000 in extras.... and yet no buyers. Interesting the dealer still has a few 2016 TLXs and the 2018s are right around the corner. Since we dropped off the car they have had to replace the rotors again, so that's twice in 65,000 kms, seems crazy to me. And the rumble strip problem that we had after the tranny was replaced turned out to be a motor mount actuator, designed to balance out the vibration from the VCM. Not sure what the next move will be. I've asked if I have to take the car back, that I want the longest extended warranty they have and a set of winter tires and wheels. Again, I have to say that Acura West have been great, Acura Canada, not so much. If we do take it back, the first thing I will do is install the VCMuzzler to turn off that absolutely STUPID VCM system, it has been the cause of so many problems, when will Honda/Acura realize that it simply doesn't work?? If you want better fuel economy that badly, use a 4 cylinder turbo, seems to be working fine for BMW and has for years. Will post again when there is more news.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Question TLX Vibration

Hi, I met the Acura " ingeneer ", i think it is only a title they give to a senior mechanic... He plugged in few instruments and computer and we went for test drive with him and another mecanic from the dealer. They both acknowledge the vibrations. After the test they kept the car for more testing and gave me a loaner for the day. Picked up the car after work and they have sent the result to Acura Canada. Waiting for the result.
Thanks
Old 06-14-2017, 08:58 AM
Advanced

Angry Result of test with ACURA Engeneer

Hi everyone,

Finally got the answer back from the engeneer and they conclude that the issue is the tire.
Those are brand new tires (Pirelli P Zero) installed by dealer with the 19 inch Diamond cut wheels.
The will change them for New Michelin Tires. Told them that the change of tires will not fix the issue as i have the exact same problem with the original 18 inch wheel and tires and also have the same issue with my Michelin winter tires ???
They said they will change them free of charge and they wanted me to test them to see the difference.
They will order them and call me for an appointment to change them.
I will keep you posted.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Tardym
Hi everyone,

Finally got the answer back from the engeneer and they conclude that the issue is the tire.
Those are brand new tires (Pirelli P Zero) installed by dealer with the 19 inch Diamond cut wheels.
The will change them for New Michelin Tires. Told them that the change of tires will not fix the issue as i have the exact same problem with the original 18 inch wheel and tires and also have the same issue with my Michelin winter tires ???
They said they will change them free of charge and they wanted me to test them to see the difference.
They will order them and call me for an appointment to change them.
I will keep you posted.
Was going to suggest you use the lemon law, but you're from Montreal ... the land where Acura Canada is responsible for nothing. I feel your pain
Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 PM
5th Gear

Acura had goodwilled 4 new Michelin pilot tires and the car still vibrates. I drove the car with the service manager and Acura district manager. They did acknowledge the vibration but both said that it was a characteristic of the car. WTF !! On a 40k plus car I said.they told me they will be looking out for any more tsb's regarding the issue. So they upgraded me to a 7 year extended Acura care warranty free of charge . Today I test drove a 2018 TLX Fwd Aspec and it had the same vibrating characteristic as I have on my car. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:21 AM
10th Gear

Have you had the TSB completed where they replace engine mounts, tranny mounts and bunch of things (bushings, etc) in the rear end? Also, some of it MIGHT be VCM related, so order the VCMuzzler II. They recently replaced my front and rear rotors (again) and replaced an engine mount actuator, so far so good. Currently, the car is butter smooth, hoping it stays that way.

Quick Reply: Has Acura fixed the highway vibration issues on the 2016 models?