DRLs on 2015 TLX

Old 01-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
DRLs on 2015 TLX

Happy New Years to all.

Well, I just noticed yesterday (of course it was dark and raining), that my DRLs no longer turn on. However, when I was adjusting my tire pressure this morning, the DRLs came on for a brief period as I was starting and stopping to verify pressure.

Anyone else have problems with their DRLs? If so, is it easy dealer fix. It's a hassle to get a loaner from my dealer - they always want me to wait. I don't mind waiting if it's an hour or so, but I'm not going to be stuck at the dealership while their jacking around ordering parts or whatever. I've been patiently putting up with the mild transmission issues, etc, but I'm getting a little miffed to say the least. (Hopefully it's just a sensor module or something.)
Old 01-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Were you driving? If your parking brake is on, the DRL's stay off. That's so you can stop without lighting if you need to. Could that be the issue?
Old 01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 2015 TLX, never noticed my DRLs NOT turning on.

That being said, is there even the option to shut off our DRL if we wanted to? I can only seem to turn it off if the car is parked... if I'm driving during the day, it will always stay ON. Is that normal?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TLXVanquish
I have a 2015 TLX, never noticed my DRLs NOT turning on.

That being said, is there even the option to shut off our DRL if we wanted to? I can only seem to turn it off if the car is parked... if I'm driving during the day, it will always stay ON. Is that normal?
You can toggle them off for one driving session, but they are default as on.

Search this Thread