My Tuned TLX V6 FWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
My Tuned TLX V6 FWD

So for a while I pretty much did Full Bolt ons on my car. Circuitwerks Exhaust, RV6 Jpipe, RV6 High Flow Pre Cats, AEM Cold Air Intake (took off the K&N I had previously). Car sounds amazing. I went ahead and became the tester for Ktuner to try and tune the car. We did a reflash and then I did a e tune with Javituned. Without looking at any numbers I feel gains in the top end, and maybe a little in the middle from the CAI. Now since its an e tune, It was only for air fuel ratio, perhaps if you do a dyno tune you can get all the extra goodies?

If I'm comparing to Mike Chan's numbers Its heavily dissapointing, but i assume all dynos are different, even though I used Dynojet like he did. I did race a lot of other N/A V6's and beat them (including g37's q50s, tl type s, 350z, etc) but have yet to take it to the track which will determine my gain. Im hoping to crack the high 13's. Below shows the dyno which I got...268whp. Now after I dynoed, the tuner made a few more adjustments so it might be higher. So a lot of you asked me if its worth tuning/reflashing...well thats up to you lol, I spent a total 650 to tune. After I track it and maybe one more dyno, I can really tell.

268whp...this is what mike chan got when he did bone stock..hmm
The following users liked this post:
Vteck_10 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by sinistah89
So for a while I pretty much did Full Bolt ons on my car. Circuitwerks Exhaust, RV6 Jpipe, RV6 High Flow Pre Cats, AEM Cold Air Intake (took off the K&N I had previously). Car sounds amazing. I went ahead and became the tester for Ktuner to try and tune the car. We did a reflash and then I did a e tune with Javituned. Without looking at any numbers I feel gains in the top end, and maybe a little in the middle from the CAI. Now since its an e tune, It was only for air fuel ratio, perhaps if you do a dyno tune you can get all the extra goodies?

If I'm comparing to Mike Chan's numbers Its heavily dissapointing, but i assume all dynos are different, even though I used Dynojet like he did. I did race a lot of other N/A V6's and beat them (including g37's q50s, tl type s, 350z, etc) but have yet to take it to the track which will determine my gain. Im hoping to crack the high 13's. Below shows the dyno which I got...268whp. Now after I dynoed, the tuner made a few more adjustments so it might be higher. So a lot of you asked me if its worth tuning/reflashing...well thats up to you lol, I spent a total 650 to tune. After I track it and maybe one more dyno, I can really tell.

268whp...this is what mike chan got when he did bone stock..hmm
That makes no sense. Maybe that dyno you went to wasn't calibrated correctly if there such thing. I got my Ktuner unit this weekend and we'll be doing a dyno tune sometime this month.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
That is a pretty impressive torque curve though. On K-tuners website under the 2012 TL-SHAWD the torque topped out at 216 with reflash and high flow cat. Close to 250 is nice at the wheels. I love low end torque. What is you 0-60? Did the reflash change shift points at all? That is probably the thing that would make the car feel faster to hold on to the revs longer in sport + mode. Some people don't like sport + because it does that but my car adjusted so it doesn't do that anymore

2012 3.7 TL-SHAWD. High Flow cat and reflash

Last edited by ultrapogi; 03-05-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Still impressive to be able to beat those vehicles in a FWD. I bet an AWD version would benefit more or have a greater butt dyno "feel" because of the power getting to the tarmac faster from all four wheels.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
I dig those upgrades but how are you managing the traction? I struggle with it in my stock setup.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yea I can feel the torque, I need to test my 0-60. Which transitions to the next comment above lol, I still use 225 tires on my Works 19's but I just feather the throttle hoping I dont spin too much lol, But to get better traction you need fatter tires. Im going to get 245's next
The following users liked this post:
F23A4 (03-08-2017)