Excelerate Performance : The FWD Jpipe is Here :

Old 02-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Excelerate Performance : The FWD Jpipe is Here :

For all of you 6cyl FWD TLX's out there we have some good news, we have received our first Jpipe!

This is our first (off the production line) of many to come. The t304 stainless steel, mandrel bends, welds, and flanges look just as good as ever.

Our Jpipe is designed with fitment and performance in mind, paying close attention to the details to ensure you get the best product you can!

Don't forget to check us out online for all your performance needs!

From Jpipes to coilovers, and of course our Acurazine StopTech brake packages; we have what it takes to get the most out for your Acura!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:34 AM
SwaxStar33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
do you have the dyno numbers for the j-pipe + the exhaust system for the v-6 fwd?
The following users liked this post:
Christopher. (01-22-2018)
Old 02-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

We don't have numbers for you guys yet, we're waiting on a local install for a chance to get them on the dyno!

The v2 Jpipe made gains up to 25hp/29tq on a 2007 TL Type-S, so we expect the numbers to be fairly consistent with that; around 20hp/25tq.

We'll share numbers when we know!
Old 02-18-2017, 08:46 AM
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Where is your product made? China?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hienvu1980
Where is your product made? China?
Everything is proudly made in the USA!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Nice. I'm eager to see dyno numbers for this application in the future.

Too bad it's not $100-200 cheaper or else I'd buy it right now.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ExcelerateRep
Everything is proudly made in the USA!
I agree with that!
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
We don't have numbers for you guys yet, we're waiting on a local install for a chance to get them on the dyno!
The v2 Jpipe made gains up to 25hp/29tq on a 2007 TL Type-S, so we expect the numbers to be fairly consistent with that; around 20hp/25tq.
We'll share numbers when we know!
It has been about a month, no update? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Sorry guys, still no dyno numbers yet! We don't have a dyno in house, so it's hard to coordinate times for that along with an install.

If you have purchased an XLR8 Jpipe, and can get us dyno numbers (before and after Jpipe install) we'll hook you up with a $75 store credit!

PM me for more details if you're interested!

-Craig
Old 03-27-2017, 07:30 PM
SwaxStar33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will the j-pipe change the sound of the engine/exhaust note?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Be careful buying from these guys. Make sure you really want the product. I got slapped with a 25% restocking fee and had to pay for return shipping on an unopened box of lowering springs. Lost about $100. Nice people but charge excessive fees. Industry standard on restocking fees is 10%. Very risky to buy here. Will be taking my business elsewhere in the future. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by gatorknight904; 03-28-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gatorknight904
Be careful buying from these guys. Make sure you really want the product. I got slapped with a 25% restocking fee and had to pay for return shipping on an unopened box of lowering springs. Lost about $100. Nice people but charge excessive fees. Industry standard on restocking fees is 10%. Very risky to buy here. Will be taking my business elsewhere in the future. Just my 2 cents.
Truly sorry to hear you're unhappy with your experience.

However, return shipping is always at the buyers expense unless stated otherwise, and the return policy is posted on the site here: https://store.excelerateperformance.com/return-policy so everyone, and anyone, can read it before making a purchase.

If there is anything you decide we can do for you feel free to reach out to me, and I'd be happy to see what we can do to help you out!

Sorry again!
Christopher. (01-22-2018)
Old 03-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SwaxStar33
Will the j-pipe change the sound of the engine/exhaust note?
The Jpipe will offer a minor exhaust note change. The sounds don't compare to an exhaust system, but they're audible!

Sounds will be slightly deeper due to the cat delete.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

As part of a tax return sale, our new systems are 5% off when you use the promo code XLR8TAX

Jpipes, pulleys, clutch kits, and more are on sale too!

Not just for the 5Gs, but site wide!

See all the details here: https://acurazine.com/forums/exceler...n-sale-956476/

Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeing that this Jpipe deletes a cat, I assume this voids the factory (and any extended) warranty? Or is this install completely reversible?
Thank you!
Old 04-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ryandinan
Seeing that this Jpipe deletes a cat, I assume this voids the factory (and any extended) warranty? Or is this install completely reversible?
Thank you!
The Jpipe replaces one unmonitored section of pipe with another, so it won't require any tuning to run. This makes the install process easily reversible!

This can be a difficult question to answer since we're not the ones supplying the warranty. You will lose the warranty on the j-pipe, however, we cannot state for sure what the dealer would do if an issue arose. It's up to them to prove the part you installed caused the problem. For example, if a suspension component were to break then Acura would have to prove the Jpipe was directly related to the issue before not carrying out the warranty.

The Magnusson-Moss Act is designed to make sure you get the most of your warranties in an event like this. It deals with the sellers commitment to correct problems when your product fails.

Hope that helps you a bit!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Have you guys [XLR8] considered sending a Jpipe to a forum member in exchange for doing a review with dynos? That seems like the normal way to drum up business these days, accross quite a few different industries. I don't know anybody with a dyno, so I'm not proposing to do it myself, but maybe somebody would - I would really like to see the results, tested by a third party.
F23A4 (01-26-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 10:06 AM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Has anyone ever done an emission test with a HFPC/Jpipe installed where the emissions tech even noticed that the third cat was deleted? You would think that as long as the car hasn’t thrown any codes and the plug in OBD2 port doesn’t see any engine codes then it would pass with flying colors right?
Old 04-24-2018, 10:19 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Jpipe replaces one unmonitored section of pipe with another, so it won't require any tuning to run. This makes the install process easily reversible!

This can be a difficult question to answer since we're not the ones supplying the warranty. You will lose the warranty on the j-pipe, however, we cannot state for sure what the dealer would do if an issue arose. It's up to them to prove the part you installed caused the problem. For example, if a suspension component were to break then Acura would have to prove the Jpipe was directly related to the issue before not carrying out the warranty.

The Magnusson-Moss Act is designed to make sure you get the most of your warranties in an event like this. It deals with the sellers commitment to correct problems when your product fails.

Hope that helps you a bit!
I have an AEM cold air intake on my 2016 TLX v6 and had a connecting rod bearing let go. They initially blamed it on the intake and said the filter was wet. They had to fully investigate the problem and was a huge pain in the ass. The mechanics at the dealers aren't trained in doing these investigations so they rely on Honda's technical advisers. Normally the service adviser at the dealership would approve the warranty repair. The dealership would send pictures, oil change receipts, and any service records as well as follow the directions of the technical adviser. This added to the length of the process because it sometimes took a day for them to respond then get my car back into the shop to do the next step in their investigation. As long as you have all your maintenance up to date for the warranty and are prepared to wait to let them do their investigation go for it. I'd say with exhaust parts there is probably little to worry about in my opinion other then the fact that you loose the warranty on the part you tamper with. After the repair I did decide to take the risk of putting the intake back on and has been fine ever since.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM
4th Gear

2018 TLX Aspec

Has anyone got this covered yet? Looking to add the JPIPE & probably the high flow pre cats. Haven’t pulled the trigger due to not much feedback. I wouldn’t mind being a guinea pig haha but nothing has been released showing these fit the 2018 models. I’m sure nothing has changed but not worth the risk of finding out while under the car already lol.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:59 AM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
I had the HFPC and JPipe swapped onto a 18 Aspec AWD and it was exactly the same as my old 15 AWD so I can probably assume the front wheel dive version would be the same too.
ExcelerateRep (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 12:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ultrapogi
I had the HFPC and JPipe swapped onto a 18 Aspec AWD and it was exactly the same as my old 15 AWD so I can probably assume the front wheel dive version would be the same too.
Great to hear!!! Thank you!
Old 06-26-2018, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JesseILX
Has anyone got this covered yet? Looking to add the JPIPE & probably the high flow pre cats. Haven’t pulled the trigger due to not much feedback. I wouldn’t mind being a guinea pig haha but nothing has been released showing these fit the 2018 models. I’m sure nothing has changed but not worth the risk of finding out while under the car already lol.
We announced fitment! You can find the thread here: https://acurazine.com/forums/exceler...le-now-970047/

Happy modding!
Old 06-28-2018, 02:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by exceleraterep
we announced fitment! You can find the thread here: https://acurazine.com/forums/exceler...le-now-970047/

happy modding!
thank you!!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:02 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Updates

So what are the results with the dyno?
Old 07-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Does the ‘15-‘17 FWD Jpipe fit the AWD version?
Old 07-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sillyjav
Does the ‘15-‘17 FWD Jpipe fit the AWD version?
The FWD Jpipe will not work with the AWD cars. If you have an AWD car you will need the AWD Jpipe,

You can find them on our website here: https://xlr8performance.com/i-37313-...earch%3DSearch

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions!
Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Are there any plans on releasing a cat-back exhaust for the 2018 V6 AWD anytime soon?
Old 07-28-2018, 06:31 AM
Intermediate

The Jpipe will offer a minor exhaust note change. The sounds don't compare to an exhaust system, but they're audible!

Sounds will be slightly deeper due to the cat delete.
i would buy this if you had a cat on it?! How do you expect someone to pass inspection?
Old 07-28-2018, 06:38 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EnthusiastAutoMod
I have an AEM cold air intake on my 2016 TLX v6 and had a connecting rod bearing let go. They initially blamed it on the intake and said the filter was wet. They had to fully investigate the problem and was a huge pain in the ass. The mechanics at the dealers aren't trained in doing these investigations so they rely on Honda's technical advisers. Normally the service adviser at the dealership would approve the warranty repair. The dealership would send pictures, oil change receipts, and any service records as well as follow the directions of the technical adviser. This added to the length of the process because it sometimes took a day for them to respond then get my car back into the shop to do the next step in their investigation. As long as you have all your maintenance up to date for the warranty and are prepared to wait to let them do their investigation go for it. I'd say with exhaust parts there is probably little to worry about in my opinion other then the fact that you loose the warranty on the part you tamper with. After the repair I did decide to take the risk of putting the intake back on and has been fine ever since.
why did you not use a pre Filter a bag or a bypass? For more info check out (TLX OF NEW YORK) that guys know his stuff
Old 07-28-2018, 06:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JesseILX

i did not buy their jpipe because of the hassle of looming inspections and constant threat of stick gases. I just went with their HFPCS and bought a jpipe from ATLP

Search this Thread