View Poll Results: Smartphone Mirroring For TLX?
Interested
92.86%
Not Interested
7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

NavTool Video Interfaces For TLX

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
NavTool Video Interfaces For TLX

Hi guys, we want to thank each and every one of you for products support and thank you for buying our products.

We are here to help with all the questions, we also have special pricing for forum members.

We are staring Pre-order for Acura TLX

NavToolDVI-HDMI features:

1. HDMI input: you get true HD mirroring form any smartphone without restrictions, absolutely everything you have on your smartphone will be mirrored to your vehicle screen.

2. Audio output: connected HDMI source will play audio via 3.5 mm audio jack on NavTool. it's possible to run audio from NavTool 3.5 mm audio jack to vehicles AUX 3.5 mm audio jack. It's is also possible on some smartphone to stream audio via vehicles Bluetooth streaming option.

3. USB charging: keep your smartphone charged at all times or provides power for android MHL adapters.

4. 4 composite video inputs
connect front camera, and side cameras
front camera will operate out of reverse below 10 mph per hour
side cameras used as lane watch cameras and will activate with turn signals above 15mph

5. USB update - if such updates are necessary in the future.

NavTool is controlled via navigation Cancel button and inputs are selected via navigation Rotating JOG.

Use smartphone for navigation on non nav vehicles.

use apps like Waze or Any smartphone app navigation instead of factory Nav.

We will launch a group buy in sponsored section, if you have pricing inquires please email or PM me.

Post all your other question here.

Thank You.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:21 PM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
When will you be accepting the pre-orders and approximately when will the devices be available (if known).

I've been checking for this item on your website for a few months now and I'm very excited that it may be ready soon.

Thanks for posting this.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Banned

Hi

we plan to start group buy and ship in 45 days or less

Thank You
Old 09-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by navtool.com
Hi guys, we want to thank each and every one of you for products support and thank you for buying our products.

We are here to help with all the questions, we also have special pricing for forum members.

1. HDMI input: you get true HD mirroring form any smartphone without restrictions, absolutely everything you have on your smartphone will be mirrored to your vehicle screen.

2. Audio output: connected HDMI source will play audio via 3.5 mm audio jack on NavTool. it's possible to run audio from NavTool 3.5 mm audio jack to vehicles AUX 3.5 mm audio jack. It's is also possible on some smartphone to stream audio via vehicles Bluetooth streaming option.

3. USB charging: keep your smartphone charged at all times or provides power for android MHL adapters.

side cameras used as lane watch cameras and will activate with turn signals above 15mph

NavTool is controlled via navigation Cancel button and inputs are selected via navigation Rotating JOG.

We will launch a group buy in sponsored section, if you have pricing inquires please email or PM me.

Thank You.
Will the usb charging slots be near the HDMI input, so that Miracast/Chromecast can be used? I have an Android phone that doesn't have built-in HDMI/MHL support
Old 09-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iesu3423
Will the usb charging slots be near the HDMI input, so that Miracast/Chromecast can be used? I have an Android phone that doesn't have built-in HDMI/MHL support
Hi

Yes they will be next to each other

Thank You
Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Anything like this coming for RLX? I would certainly buy this to have the options you describe. I'd LOVE to be able to add a front camera on my 2014 RLX.

The connections can't be that different from the TLX?
Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Anything like this coming for RLX? I would certainly buy this to have the options you describe. I'd LOVE to be able to add a front camera on my 2014 RLX.

The connections can't be that different from the TLX?
Hi

RLX and TLX will use the same interfaces they both have identical headunits.

Thank You
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (10-04-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Is the 2014-2016 MDX also the same? I know for sure their softwares are all different, but wasn't sure about hardware.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by neoshi
Is the 2014-2016 MDX also the same? I know for sure their softwares are all different, but wasn't sure about hardware.
Hi

Yes once released it will be same part

Thank You
Old 09-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Really dumb question... But anything in the works for non-nav cars?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tobey457
Really dumb question... But anything in the works for non-nav cars?
Hi

It's a very good question , both nav and no nav cars will use same NavTool interface

Thank You
Old 09-28-2015, 11:35 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am definitely interested in this as well.. Please keep us all posted as to when this will be released!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikeyk24
I am definitely interested in this as well.. Please keep us all posted as to when this will be released!
thank you we will
Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Hi

RLX and TLX will use the same interfaces they both have identical headunits.

Thank You
Just so you know Naviks already had an RLX interface a while now. Oddly enough while I agree with Navtool to assume it has the same interface as the TLX they're not cashing it in with the TLX (or MDX). Reason not explained. I inquired directly and they claim that they don't have a TLX to test.

Last edited by baelim; 09-30-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by baelim
Just so you know Naviks already had an RLX interface a while now. Oddly enough while I agree with Navtool to assume it has the same interface as the TLX they're not cashing it in with the TLX (or MDX). Reason not explained. I inquired directly and they claim that they don't have a TLX to test.

2014 Acura RLX NAVIKS Video Interface Added: Kivic One + iPhone 6 Plus - YouTube
you would never want this solution in your vehicle, what we are making is nothing that is available in the world at this time.

Naviks product picture quality is horrible, text in unreadable, you may ask why?

1. you are connecting to a device with reverse engineered Apple Airplay,now that signal is down scaled to composite video, a technology that was created in 1960, after that it connected to their generic box with a mailing label sticker on top.
2. video lagging due to reversed engineer Airplay signal.
3. video and audio appear out of sync
4. not an automotive grade
5. you have limitations, many apps like Netflix, iOS download video, YouTube will not work.
6. they use non OEM connectors and you get video to flicker on and off.
7. HD video wires are exposed.

Major issue, exposed digital video signal line without shielding

NavTool Solution

1. we provide full HD image to your Acura HD screen, you never what to downscale that quality.
2. all connectors are 100% OEM
3. limitless smartphone mirroring, no restrictions all apps work
4. audio and video is in sync.
5. 100% automotive grade.
6. Made in USA

there are many product out there that might work, we provide real solution for smartphone mirroring, made in USA by real automotive engineers.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Banned

new discussion is here

https://acurazine.com/forums/fifth-g.../#post15570465
Old 10-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Thank You.
I have a couple questions:

1. So can your phone communicate via Bluetooth for Nav. I have an iPhone 6 and use Nav a lot, do I need to plug the phone in to get an image on the car screen or can this signal convey via bluetooth?

2. If you want to watch a movie on your phone will it also play on the car screen?

3. Is there a youtube video of this device on a TLX or MDX so I can see the features and how they work?
Old 10-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SinCityTLX
I have a couple questions:

1. So can your phone communicate via Bluetooth for Nav. I have an iPhone 6 and use Nav a lot, do I need to plug the phone in to get an image on the car screen or can this signal convey via bluetooth?

2. If you want to watch a movie on your phone will it also play on the car screen?

3. Is there a youtube video of this device on a TLX or MDX so I can see the features and how they work?
hi,

1. you connect video by wire lightning to HDMI form iphone, and that will display on factory screen, you can then conenct audio via Bluetooth to acura Bluetooth streaming.

2. yes ti will.

3. new video will be out shortly
Old 10-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
hi,

1. you connect video by wire lightning to HDMI form iphone, and that will display on factory screen, you can then conenct audio via Bluetooth to acura Bluetooth streaming.

2. yes ti will.

I am interested. Is the group buy still going? How hard is it to install, how long should it take?
Old 10-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Racer

hi,

2. yes ti will.

Is there any possibility to output audio along with the video through hdmi rather than having to use a separate audio interface?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SinCityTLX
I am interested. Is the group buy still going? How hard is it to install, how long should it take?
Hi, yes group buy is here https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...-acura-937085/

installation is simple, 1.5-2 hours
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Banned

Is there any possibility to output audio along with the video through hdmi rather than having to use a separate audio interface?
audio and video sent to navtool via HDMI, from navtool video is sent to the screen and audio is sent from 3.5mm audio output
Old 10-20-2015, 11:05 AM
Racer

audio and video sent to navtool via HDMI, from navtool video is sent to the screen and audio is sent from 3.5mm audio output
Ah, so HDMI output from phone requires us to use the AUX audio selection to hear it from over HDMI output? Ok, if that's correct, then that works. BT has a 3 second delay on the current generation, so BT is NOT a viable audio source like one other poster asked about above. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Banned

Ah, so HDMI output from phone requires us to use the AUX audio selection to hear it from over HDMI output? Ok, if that's correct, then that works. BT has a 3 second delay on the current generation, so BT is NOT a viable audio source like one other poster asked about above. Thanks for the info.
yes, you will connect navtool to AUX
Old 10-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Racer

yes, you will connect navtool to AUX
Ok, now I'm just a bit confused again.

Using HDMI output from a phone, do I need to ALSO plug in a 3.5mm audio cable to get audio? Or does it output to the AUX side with ONLY a HDMI output cable from the phone?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

smartphone -> HDMI -> NavTool -> video to screen
---------------------------------------> audio to 3.5mm aux audio input jack
Old 10-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Racer

smartphone -> HDMI -> NavTool -> video to screen
---------------------------------------> audio to 3.5mm aux audio input jack
Ok that's why I asked initially if there was any possibility to output audio AND video over JUST HDMI, because technically HDMI is video+audio, rather than having to connect TWO cables to the phone. So, in essence, the answer to my original question is NO. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:23 AM
Banned

Ok that's why I asked initially if there was any possibility to output audio AND video over JUST HDMI, because technically HDMI is video+audio, rather than having to connect TWO cables to the phone. So, in essence, the answer to my original question is NO. Thanks for clarifying.
you are correct audio and video goes over hdmi, the audio is conected fom navtool to car, not from smartphone to car

so you are only connecting HDMI to your smartphone
Old 10-20-2015, 11:26 AM
Racer

you are correct audio and video goes over hdmi, the audio is conected fom navtool to car, not from smartphone to car

Ok, gotcha. Even better. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This may have been addressed.. But is it still possible to play audio from another source while using the NavTool just for video purposes?

For example, using NavTool to put the GoogleMaps GPS up on the screen while still listening to XM Radio.

That's my only question, exciting stuff!!
Old 10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikeyk24
This may have been addressed.. But is it still possible to play audio from another source while using the NavTool just for video purposes?

For example, using NavTool to put the GoogleMaps GPS up on the screen while still listening to XM Radio.

That's my only question, exciting stuff!!
Hi

Yes you can do that

Thank You
Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Banned

don't forget to pre-order

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsor...-acura-937085/