Can't "Cancel Route" via voice in version 4

Old 12-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't "Cancel Route" via voice in version 4

So, several people have told me when using navigation, you can cancel your current route by hitting the voice command button on the steering wheel and saying either:
"Navigation ......... Cancel Route"
or just
"Cancel Route"

Well, that apparently is not the same for all of us. I have version 4 of the navigation system software (4.something.something...etc) which should theoretically be from the 2016 nav update. This version does not allow you to cancel route via voice anymore. You can't pause it either. You have to hit the "Menu" button near the wheel, roll over to "Cancel Route" and then click.

Can anyone here please tell me if they are able to use those voice commands, and then tell me which year or software version you're on? I want to see if this is something that was added (or added back) in 2017 (version 5), and if it was there in 2015 (version 3).

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I find it depends on how you pronounce the word Route. In my part of the country we pronounce it like "root" and the car does t recognize it. But Iwhen I pronounce it "rowt", (rhymes with "trout") then the car responds.
The following users liked this post:
Christopher. (12-12-2017)

Search this Thread