Bluetooth and Voice commands to Android phone

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:06 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bluetooth and Voice commands to Android phone

I just picked up a 2017 TLX SH-AWD TECH. Replacing a 2013 TL Tech.

So far, I miss a few things about the TL, but I am hoping there is a solution to one issue with regard to the bluetooth.

In my TL, when bluetooth was connected, I was still able to communicate with my phone (Android 6.0.1, Xperia Z3) by voice, by saying "Ok Google" and then giving a command, like "send text message to Bob". Now, I can still wake up the phone by saying "Ok Google", but after that point, it doesn't pick up anything else that I say. the only workaround I have found so far, is to turn off bluetooth on the phone first, then I can use voice control as normal, then turn bluetooth back on. Quite annoying, and less safe than staying 100% hands free.

Has anyone experienced this same thing (with any type of phone), and does anyone know if there is a way to work around this?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I figured out a solution.

For anyone else having this issue, go to:

Settings > Google > Search & Now > Voice

and DISABLE "Bluetooth Headset". Now my voice is picked up by the phone's microphone (which is close enough to hear me) rather than trying to go through the car's microphone which doesn't seem to be 100% compatible.

Works now anyway, and I have one less issue with my new car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Icarus3000:
jim256 (12-13-2016), justnspace (12-13-2016)