Anyone with Android and Spotify having issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Anyone with Android and Spotify having issues

15 SH-AWD Advancd and had an iPhone, but was tired of Apple defaulting to their own music app and even then kept defaulting to my content on the phone vs. streaming. So I moved back to android with a Samsung S7 Edge and I have tried a few A2DP apps and all launch Spotify fine, but sometimes the track info does not display, then often if I get or make a BT phone call when I hang up Spotify stays paused most of the time. I have to pull out the phone and unlock it and pull up Spotify and hit play. It plays fine run, but frequently stops showing track info. I am wondering if this is a Samsung issue, Android, BT or Acura?

Anyone else using Android and Spotify and how well is it working for you?
Old 06-04-2016, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Surprised no one chimed in one way or the other. So I have tried a few A2DP apps and they all start it fine most of the time, but rarely does the track title show on themAcura display, seems to show last track it knew about when track title was working. Pandora works fine. Since I only use Spotify free, I may try a one month trial of Google and see if works better, if so then I guess the Spotify app is junk or the way it works on th S7 Edge. If Google has same issues the. Guess it is eithe per S7 or Acura issue.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 118 Posts
I use Pandora 99% of my driving with my Samsung S5. It shows the metatag info (artist, song, etc) perfectly. Your right, SOMETIMES when I get a phone call and end it I have to open up my phone, usually close out of Pandora and reopen it to play. I cant figure out when it happens (like if outgoing or incoming calls) it seems to be random to me

And Ive used spotify a few times, Im pretty sure it shows the metatag info on the screen. Maybe your spotify needs to be updated or something.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:27 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually have a somewhat different problem. When I get a phone call and answer it sometimes the music will continue to play over the phone call like music is in the phone call. Then sometimes it does pause the music after a call and I have to open the app again.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Apple Music and Google Music as well as Pandora seem to be working fine, this is beginning to look like a Spotify and or Android (or Samsung) issue. I would love to switch to Google Music (can't beat the price and getting YouTube Red), but I like Spotify's usability better.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I use spotify on android everyday and i sometimes get the issue where i see the trackinfo but no music is playing. Instead of unlocking my phone, i just tap the play button on the screen a couple times (or the next track button on the wheel) and sometimes also need to press the volume up button on my phone to get the sound to flow through.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:49 PM
Suzuka Master

I am finding that as well, sometimes it starts Spotify, but never plays. I too learned to hit the play a few times, but track info is usually showing the last time it got a valid track info. I am wondering where the breakdown in protocols is, is it the Spotify app, android, the S7 or the TLX. I switched to Google music today and so far it is more reliable. I am going to try that for a few days and if all good then I may subscribe.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Suzuka Master

So I switched to Google Music and things seem to be working much better. Starts and plays 95% of time, once in a while I need to hit play on the head unit, and recovering form phone calls is a mixed bag, but far better than spotify. Suspect this is a combination of issue between Android (and or Samsung S7 Edge) and the crappy head unit in the TLX. Will do more testing and update again.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Suzuka Master

OK so I have come to the conclusion it is likely Spotify. I switched to Google Music and I get song info all the time and only on rare occasion does it not start playing, at which point I hit play on the infotainment a few times. Both Google and Spotify would occasional have issues recovering after a phone call, but Google Music far less. Such a shame I tend to like Spotify better, but sine most of my listening is in the car I will stick with Google for now. Could be some combination of Spotify app, Samsung S7 Edge and TLX head unit. I did try uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling and same issues.