What spacers do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
What spacers do you use?

I recently bought some wheels and lowered my car on Tein SS coilovers.

My front wheels are 9.5 inches wide and my rear wheels are 8.5 inches wide with positive 30 offset.
The rear wheels look great but the front wheels are a bit too recessed for my taste.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for spacers?

In the "4G Wheel/Tire specs thread with pics" post, brandon7583 posted a photos of his car with 8mm spacers in the back and 5mm in the front.
That's a pretty good example of the look I am going for.

I am looking for tips on what size spacers and which ones specifically in terms of brand/vendor.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by spakhnyuk
I recently bought some wheels and lowered my car on Tein SS coilovers.

My front wheels are 9.5 inches wide and my rear wheels are 8.5 inches wide with positive 30 offset.
The rear wheels look great but the front wheels are a bit too recessed for my taste.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for spacers?

In the "4G Wheel/Tire specs thread with pics" post, brandon7583 posted a photos of his car with 8mm spacers in the back and 5mm in the front.
That's a pretty good example of the look I am going for.

I am looking for tips on what size spacers and which ones specifically in terms of brand/vendor.

Thanks!
Congrats on the new wheels. I think you got your wheel specs ass backwards. I'm assuming that your fronts and rears is the other way around unless your doing drag races or off roading lol Me personally I wouldn't even put wheel spacers on only for safety purposes, but to each his/her own. Idk I don't get the concept of buying brand new rims and then adding wheel spacers. Get the proper fitment necessary first and don't have to deal with the headaches later on down the road.
Anyways, a lot of members here have used either Ichiba(more pricier) or Motorsport Tech and I believe H&R and your best bet is to Google 4g acura tl wheel spacers to look into members opinions on the products. Good luck...
Old 03-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Intermediate

Shoot! Yes I wrote them down backwards.

8.5 front and 9.5 rear

Originally Posted by Soal Man
Congrats on the new wheels. I think you got your wheel specs ass backwards. I'm assuming that your fronts and rears is the other way around unless your doing drag races or off roading lol Me personally I wouldn't even put wheel spacers on only for safety purposes, but to each his/her own. Idk I don't get the concept of buying brand new rims and then adding wheel spacers. Get the proper fitment necessary first and don't have to deal with the headaches later on down the road.
Anyways, a lot of members here have used either Ichiba(more pricier) or Motorsport Tech and I believe H&R and your best bet is to Google 4g acura tl wheel spacers to look into members opinions on the products. Good luck...
Old 03-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Instructor

Shoot! Yes I wrote them down backwards.

8.5 front and 9.5 rear
If you do decide on spacers I would just add one each side to the fronts and just make it a square setup since you did mention that the rears were fine the way it sits, but if your going with B's setup I would follow his specs and call it a day. Just make sure it's properly installed & you should be fine.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

I called Motorsport Tech and they suggested I do slip on spacers (hub centric and wheel centric) and use extended lug nuts. I'm planning on buying 10mm spacers. All they need is my wheel bore size.

I have Alufelgen SF-71 wheels (CSL reps) and there are like no specs online for them. Will measure the bore size tonight and get the spacers ordered.

Any thoughts on the slip on 10mm spacers with extended lugs?
Old 03-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

I called Motorsport Tech and they suggested I do slip on spacers (hub centric and wheel centric) and use extended lug nuts. I'm planning on buying 10mm spacers. All they need is my wheel bore size.

I have Alufelgen SF-71 wheels (CSL reps) and there are like no specs online for them. Will measure the bore size tonight and get the spacers ordered.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Before you go on and do you your own measurements and order the product I would contact the rim company thru email and make sure it's the same or identical as yours. You can find out our 4g bore size easily. Wish I could help out more on this subject but that's all I got. Ok just found out they went out of business awhile back smh

Last edited by Soal Man; 03-06-2017 at 10:08 PM.