Key Fob Not Functioning Correctly

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Key Fob Not Functioning Correctly

So I only have one key fob for my car, it's the key that says driver 2 on it. I've noticed that I cannot unlock the door with the accessory button on either side of the car. I at one time couldn't start the car without being in the key slot but now I can just hop in and push clutch in and start it with key in my lap. So I'm wondering if the key needed to be charged in which it charged itself the time I had it in there or do I need to have the key reprogrammed to read the doors and ignition? The key does open the button on the trunk when it's in my pocket. When I go to turn the car off it does say take key out when I've already taken it out of the port. So I want to know if I need to bring car to dealer or I can reprogram this myself. I am planning on getting another key at some point just want to know why I can't lock the door with the button on the door.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Keeping TL until 2029

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts
I had a issue with the BLACK button not working on the door handle. It was replaced under warranty. They had to replace the entire handle. I normally don't bother locking with the buttons on fob. I normally leave it in my pocket to lock/unlock door.