U0155 code

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 03:18 AM
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
U0155 code

Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module.
It happened while I was cleaning the car, It was running when I pulled out the mirror plug because it was quite in all the way. Then boom. I could not start or turn off the car properly. It literally was stuck in accessory mode. So I called Acura and Road side service. So ill be interested in what was the problem and how it was resolved. Heck the car would crank however it would not stay started. So I was guessing it was a fuse or something in the Canbus like system. It was bizarre. Ill got a replacement TLX and it was towed under warranty.

Just wondering anyone else had any similar experiences?
The following users liked this post:
dealsonwheelsnj (10-18-2020)
Old 02-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a similar problem with my last car, Audi S4. I was messing around with a vagcom, programmed a 0-60 timer on the dash along with a couple of other neat features and my laptop died before I saved my new written codes. So I left it and went to sleep but the next morning when I tried leaving for work, it started, ran maybe 3 seconds and died.
Long story short, $400 later, reprogramming the cluster, key, immobilizer, and one other thing it was running again.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kinda scares me that something so non essential could kill the car. I'll have to be careful working on it as I do like to tinker with things. Have you looked in the service manual for that issue?
Old 02-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts
I actually had the exact same problem, but don't know what the code was. Turned out to be a blown #12 interior fuse.

I'd just gotten my car back from the dealership after 2 months for a warranty short block replacement (excessive oil consumption), drove it home with no problem, and was fiddling with the rearview mirror connector to reconnect the taps for my radar detector when it got stuck in accessory mode and wouldn't start. Would crank, turn over, and immediately die, then go back to accessory mode until I held the start/stop button. Had it towed back to the dealership, and they told me they just replaced the #12 fuse, kept it for a couple more days to make sure the problem didn't happen again, and gave it back.

I figured it was something I'd done since the car was fine on the drive home, but didn't put 2 & 2 together until I looked up the wiring diagram for the rearview mirror and realized interior fuse #12 was associated when the stuff I just touched lol. Luckily it was a simple fix.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
I actually had the exact same problem, but don't know what the code was. Turned out to be a blown #12 interior fuse.

I'd just gotten my car back from the dealership after 2 months for a warranty short block replacement (excessive oil consumption), drove it home with no problem, and was fiddling with the rearview mirror connector to reconnect the taps for my radar detector when it got stuck in accessory mode and wouldn't start. Would crank, turn over, and immediately die, then go back to accessory mode until I held the start/stop button. Had it towed back to the dealership, and they told me they just replaced the #12 fuse, kept it for a couple more days to make sure the problem didn't happen again, and gave it back.

I figured it was something I'd done since the car was fine on the drive home, but didn't put 2 & 2 together until I looked up the wiring diagram for the rearview mirror and realized interior fuse #12 was associated when the stuff I just touched lol. Luckily it was a simple fix.
Damn, this is why I love these forums. Some crazy game-breaking fuse you wouldn't bother checking. Thanks for the info bud. Hopefully I never have to use it.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaze9
Damn, this is why I love these forums. Some crazy game-breaking fuse you wouldn't bother checking. Thanks for the info bud. Hopefully I never have to use it.
Hi guys, this may be relevant to the discussed topic:

2012 - Honda Accord Euro CU2 (aka Acura TSX) not starting

Error code: U155 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module

Problem:

few weeks after fitting a reversing camera and using reversing light signal from a blue wire in the driver's door sill to trigger it, one day the car refused to start after a stop in a shopping centre. Starter motor was cranking but the engine did not fire.

The following associate problems also appeared:

1. the meter (instrument panel cluster) did not illuminate the usual way, only the backlight showed up

2. windscreen washer stopped working but wipers worked

3. direction indicators stopped working but hazard lights ( 4-way flashers) worked

4. reversing lights did not work

5. air/cond compressor did not engage but the ventilation fan was working

Just before the car refused to start after a stop, when driving I noticed the problems 3 & 5 above. Not knowing what was happening I made the mistake of stopping the engine. Knowing what I know now, I should not have stopped the engine but should have kept driving directly home. This would have saved me $200 towing fee to move the immobilized car some 30 km home.

Fix:

At home I used an OBD scanner to retrieve error code U155 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module.

Fuses and fusible links in the engine compartment fuse box all checked out OK.

Fuses in the passenger side kick panel also checked out OK.

Fuse box in the driver's side kick panel showed burned fuse No. 5 (7.5A) for the Meter.

When I replaced the fuse the engine started up and all was fine. I then stop the engine running and with the ignition switch ON I selected reverse gear to see if the reversing lights worked. They did not work.

When I tried to start up again the original symptoms reappeared and the engine would not start again.

Fuse No. 5 was burned out again.

Replacing the fuse again fixed the car and it became obvious that the selection of the reverse gear caused a short in the reversing lights circuit, burning out the fuse.

I found the wire for the reversing camera, I carefully placed under the carpet under the driver's seat (which I had to lift from its mounting to get access) got pinched by the seat front mounting bolt when I reinstalled the seat, eventually shortening against chassis ground to burn out the fuse after some days of driving.

It seems the communication between the ECU and Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module only happens at the time of starting up the engine. When the communication fails during driving, the engine keeps running until stopped and then will not start up again.

It is weird that a burned out 7.5A fuse caused by a short in the reversing light circuit will shut down the starting circuit and thus immobilize the car.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by aquasurf
Hi guys, this may be relevant to the discussed topic:

2012 - Honda Accord Euro CU2 (aka Acura TSX) not starting

Error code: U155 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module

Problem:

few weeks after fitting a reversing camera and using reversing light signal from a blue wire in the driver's door sill to trigger it, one day the car refused to start after a stop in a shopping centre. Starter motor was cranking but the engine did not fire.

The following associate problems also appeared:

1. the meter (instrument panel cluster) did not illuminate the usual way, only the backlight showed up

2. windscreen washer stopped working but wipers worked

3. direction indicators stopped working but hazard lights ( 4-way flashers) worked

4. reversing lights did not work

5. air/cond compressor did not engage but the ventilation fan was working

Just before the car refused to start after a stop, when driving I noticed the problems 3 & 5 above. Not knowing what was happening I made the mistake of stopping the engine. Knowing what I know now, I should not have stopped the engine but should have kept driving directly home. This would have saved me $200 towing fee to move the immobilized car some 30 km home.

Fix:

At home I used an OBD scanner to retrieve error code U155 - Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module.

Fuses and fusible links in the engine compartment fuse box all checked out OK.

Fuses in the passenger side kick panel also checked out OK.

Fuse box in the driver's side kick panel showed burned fuse No. 5 (7.5A) for the Meter.

When I replaced the fuse the engine started up and all was fine. I then stop the engine running and with the ignition switch ON I selected reverse gear to see if the reversing lights worked. They did not work.

When I tried to start up again the original symptoms reappeared and the engine would not start again.

Fuse No. 5 was burned out again.

Replacing the fuse again fixed the car and it became obvious that the selection of the reverse gear caused a short in the reversing lights circuit, burning out the fuse.

I found the wire for the reversing camera, I carefully placed under the carpet under the driver's seat (which I had to lift from its mounting to get access) got pinched by the seat front mounting bolt when I reinstalled the seat, eventually shortening against chassis ground to burn out the fuse after some days of driving.

It seems the communication between the ECU and Instrument Panel Control (IPC) Module only happens at the time of starting up the engine. When the communication fails during driving, the engine keeps running until stopped and then will not start up again.

It is weird that a burned out 7.5A fuse caused by a short in the reversing light circuit will shut down the starting circuit and thus immobilize the car.
WELL? DID YOU FIX IT????? WHAT HAPPENED? WHat WAS YOUR OUTCOME?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:00 AM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrphilipanderson
WELL? DID YOU FIX IT????? WHAT HAPPENED? WHat WAS YOUR OUTCOME?
I am sorry for not making it clearer that the trouble of engine not starting due to code U155 was fixed by replacing the burnt 7.5A fuse of the reversing lights circuit and, more importantly, by removing the pinched wire that caused the electrical short in that circuit.

The main advice is to warn that Code U155 can be caused by the burnt fuse in the reversing light circuit. It was an easy fix once I found the cause of the burnt fuse.

Last edited by aquasurf; 06-03-2020 at 01:03 AM.