Received 325 Likes on 214 Posts
Nice! I like the new socks and shoes.
The following users liked this post:
Soal Man (03-06-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Update

So I decided to do a trade off with my old exhaust setup(Borla Pro XS)
It's gotta be me, but I grew weary and tired of the inside cabin noise especially when I had to answer work related calls and had to repeat myself several times. If that ain't the case hell-might need to have my hearing checked. The plus side of it was that i love how it sounds taking off every time I stepped on the pedal, but felt like it lagged after further investigation I might just step up and order me either the PCD,HFPC or J-pipe. Looking for something that's not gonna set off any codes and idk how strict Oregon is on inspection, but I wanna make sure my vehicle pass with no problems. Also, want best bang for the buck along with max performance(hp & tq) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My old setup Ebay 4inch staggered dual tips
Borla Pro XS
My trade off
Colt 4 inch tips along with stock exhaust
Thanks to IItfly for the link and info
I'll post pics when I have time
Mista (08-19-2018)
Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 PM
UA9 SH-AWD

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Hey Soal! I hope you enjoy the quietness of stock again, But as in mods, I would say HFPC would be really good paired with K-tuner. Not to sure about codes, But I'm aware PCD's will be the best, but will have some issues as with codes, and noticeable smell.
Soal Man (03-14-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Best bang for your buck will be PCD / J Pipe combo,however, possibility that you will throw a CEL,raw gas smell, rasp and likely to fail inspection.

Preferred mod will be HFPC / J Pipe, little to no rasp, no smell of raw gas, no codes and should pass inspection with no issues, subject to your state laws. In Ontario, if you have no CEL you will pass the inspection, not sure how it is where you are.
Soal Man (03-14-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i've had the pcd's installed for about a month now. only time i've thrown a code is when its super cold. code goes away after a couple days.
Soal Man (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 05:03 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the helpful advice fellas. Carbon also told me the same thing. Seen Karkraze setup and I'm leaning towards that HFPC,J-pipe, k tuner then the sprint booster. Wish I could get my hands on a Ct engineering icebox, but I'm better off winning 3 out of 6 numbers from the lottery.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 AM
Drifting

Just saw you post , no need for the Sprint Booster if you have the K Tuner. The K Tuner allows for DBW tuning which does the same thing. I can give you more info later, got to run.
Soal Man (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Instructor

cant go wrong with hfpc+jpipe+ktuner, that's what i wanted to do in the beginning, however, found a good deal on the PCDs on the forums and pulled the trigger there instead.

only complaint I have about the PCD's are that it made my exhaust tips black, but meh
Soal Man (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KarKraze
Just saw you post , no need for the Sprint Booster if you have the K Tuner. The K Tuner allows for DBW tuning which does the same thing. I can give you more info later, got to run.
Thanks. Looking fwd to it!!!
Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Basically,I purchased the Sprint Booster (SB) before the K Tuner was available. I opted not to remove it and not to have the DBW adjusted via the K Tuner since I already had it in place and because it can be easily turned off in the event someone else had to drive the car. My wife moved my car once ( she has a 12 Sentra) and was completely caught off guard by the difference in throttle response,in this case I should have turned it off.

I love the SB because the car feels much more responsive to pedal input, I am well aware that many have said that the same effect can be achieved by pressing the pedal harder, I politely disagree. Turn it off and try to do that and it just does not feel the same.

With the K Tuner, throttle sensitivity can be adjusted to remove any lag that is typical of DBW systems and it can be adjusted to your likeness as part of the tuning process. Whichever way you go, I would highly recommend addressing the throttle lag, it certainly makes for a much more entertaining drive.
Soal Man (03-16-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Basically,I purchased the Sprint Booster (SB) before the K Tuner was available. I opted not to remove it and not to have the DBW adjusted via the K Tuner since I already had it in place and because it can be easily turned off in the event someone else had to drive the car. My wife moved my car once ( she has a 12 Sentra) and was completely caught off guard by the difference in throttle response,in this case I should have turned it off.

I love the SB because the car feels much more responsive to pedal input, I am well aware that many have said that the same effect can be achieved by pressing the pedal harder, I politely disagree. Turn it off and try to do that and it just does not feel the same.

With the K Tuner, throttle sensitivity can be adjusted to remove any lag that is typical of DBW systems and it can be adjusted to your likeness as part of the tuning process. Whichever way you go, I would highly recommend addressing the throttle lag, it certainly makes for a much more entertaining drive.
Thanks for your input on this. It's been a great deal of help. Paints a clearer picture on a lot of things. I've read through a couple of other forums that the k tuner doesn't do a great of a job on adjusting the DBW system like the SB do, but the benefits of the Ktuner outweighs the SB in so many ways. Where I'm at right now atm is whether I should just fork out 289 for the SB and just leave it alone? Or just be patient and save up for the Ktuner. I'm still trying to learn. Plus I have to take it to a shop and fine tune it right? My aplogies for so many questions. Just wanna make sure on what I'm investing in and understand the process as I go.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Drifting

You are welcome, ask as many questions as you wish. I also had a review of the SB on my thread, see the link below

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...832308/page20/

I had my car E Tuned not dyno tuned. Basically, I installed the KT ,hooked a laptop to the OBD port and drove the car to log data. You need to do up to a 3rd gear pull WOT while recording the data. Save it as a file and email it to your tuner. He will then make adjustments based of the readings of the log and send a new Tune for you to upload to the ECU, repeat this process until the Tuner is satisfied with the parameters he sees. It is time consuming but you feel more involved in the process, however you need to have access to an area / private road / track where you can reach high speeds without breaking any laws.

If you opt to do a Dyno tune then there is no need to do what I did, simply have your car on a Dyno and the Tuner does pulls and adjustments on the fly, much less hassles this route.

The single biggest issue your Tuner will encounter will be if you have an aftermarket Intake since they have to make adjustments for incorrectly sized MAF housing. That is info that comes directly from James ( maker of K Tuner) as well as one of his recommended Tuner ( Kenney @ TurboGixxer) , I choose to believe them over what others on the Forum may have you believe.

If you have an Exhaust, J Pipe , HFPC or PCD , then the base Tunes included with the KT should be adequate for you, if you want your engine to perform optimally then a custom tune is recommended.

I feel that the KT offers many advantages over the SB,if you intend to add other mods to your car then I would suggest the KT. If you are not going to do other mods and only wish to enhance throttle response then the SB could be the alternate. Modding is a bug and once you catch it, resistance my friend, is futile

If i missed anything or you have more question, ask away.
Soal Man (01-24-2024)
Old 03-15-2017, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Talking

You are welcome, ask as many questions as you wish. I also had a review of the SB on my thread, see the link below

I had my car E Tuned not dyno tuned. Basically, I installed the KT ,hooked a laptop to the OBD port and drove the car to log data. You need to do up to a 3rd gear pull WOT while recording the data. Save it as a file and email it to your tuner. He will then make adjustments based of the readings of the log and send a new Tune for you to upload to the ECU, repeat this process until the Tuner is satisfied with the parameters he sees. It is time consuming but you feel more involved in the process, however you need to have access to an area / private road / track where you can reach high speeds without breaking any laws.
not trying to hijack, but this is all great information, however where in Toronto did you find a road to do this

Last edited by stevesin; 03-15-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by stevesin
not trying to hijack, but this is all great information, however where in Toronto did you find a road to do this
I didn't use a public road. A few times at Cayuga and at a friend's farm with a long private road, not in the GTA. This was done over a period of about a year, on and off as I had time.

Last edited by KarKraze; 03-15-2017 at 07:02 PM.
stevesin (03-15-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Instructor

If you opt to do a Dyno tune then there is no need to do what I did, simply have your car on a Dyno and the Tuner does pulls and adjustments on the fly, much less hassles this route.

The single biggest issue your Tuner will encounter will be if you have an aftermarket Intake since they have to make adjustments for incorrectly sized MAF housing. That is info that comes directly from James ( maker of K Tuner) as well as one of his recommended Tuner ( Kenney @ TurboGixxer) , I choose to believe them over what others on the Forum may have you believe.

If you have an Exhaust, J Pipe , HFPC or PCD , then the base Tunes included with the KT should be adequate for you, if you want your engine to perform optimally then a custom tune is recommended.

I feel that the KT offers many advantages over the SB,if you intend to add other mods to your car then I would suggest the KT. If you are not going to do other mods and only wish to enhance throttle response then the SB could be the alternate. Modding is a bug and once you catch it, resistance my friend, is futile

If i missed anything or you have more question, ask away.
Man this is great!!! Again, appreciate your time & knowledge on this Karkraze
Thanks again. Only reason I ask is because I've said it before in other threads that my car lags from 2nd and 3rd. Even after the dealership took it in for that TC replacement still felt a slight lag, but my plan is to fix that problem in the future with these mods and be done with it.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Updated

Finally found some time to take some more pics. Looking fwd to new mods for this coming year. Stay tuned.
ATLS_666 (09-12-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Soal Man
So I decided to do a trade off with my old exhaust setup(Borla Pro XS)
It's gotta be me, but I grew weary and tired of the inside cabin noise especially when I had to answer work related calls and had to repeat myself several times. If that ain't the case hell-might need to have my hearing checked. The plus side of it was that i love how it sounds taking off every time I stepped on the pedal, but felt like it lagged after further investigation I might just step up and order me either the PCD,HFPC or J-pipe. Looking for something that's not gonna set off any codes and idk how strict Oregon is on inspection, but I wanna make sure my vehicle pass with no problems. Also, want best bang for the buck along with max performance(hp & tq) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My old setup Ebay 4inch staggered dual tips
Borla Pro XS
My trade off
Colt 4 inch tips along with stock exhaust
Thanks to IItfly for the link and info
I'll post pics when I have time
very nice, please post the picture when you done with this tip
Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Drifting

Nice pics, looking forward to the new mods !!
Soal Man (10-15-2023)
Old 06-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Instructor

looking good!
Soal Man (10-15-2023)
Old 06-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Looks sweet. Stance and fitment looks great. Some meaty tires too.
Soal Man (10-15-2023)
Old 10-15-2023, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Last shoe setup
The following 2 users liked this post by Soal Man:
SoL_TeK (10-27-2023), vertigo2 (10-16-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 11:00 AM
Instructor

Bittersweet

So it’s been a minute since I posted anything from here or even commented on anything on this site. Long story short, I was involved in an accident awhile back ago late 2019 and was rear ended by a drunk driver my SH-AWD was a total loss and tried to buy it back from the insurance but the damage to the frame was pretty severe to where it would’ve cost me more to repair it and get her back to her old self. Insurance paid me, but after the accident never bothered to look for another one until recently after seeing a few members here and damn I’ve been gone for to damn long lol so here’s a couple of pics of the accident, but I’ll be back fam and hopefully another better build then the last or maybe up the game a bit. We’ll see. Enjoy fam…

Luckily for me he had full coverage.

Old 12-13-2023, 01:45 PM
Sauce God

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Dang man that is horrible, Your tl was so clean bro Im so sorry you had that happen, I hope you come back to the SH community.
Soal Man (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 01:47 PM
Sauce God

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the members who has dedicated their time and have shared their knowledge in this car culture. Without seeing or reading about the 4th gen UA8/UA9. I would've probably been with Lexus or the German team if I hadn't seen a few pioneers (O.G's) who set the stage for the 4g TL, but that was just a split second thought guys so don't on me for just adding that
Anyways, here's from a lil bit of the past to present. Still a work in progress...My bad if it's ass backwards on the time line, but whatever I have in my phone it'll have to do for now. Conservative approach after everything installed. That didnt last long lbs
18 wheeler busted a tire and rolled straight at me from the middle lane about 15-20 feet while i was about to exit (passenger side) on I•5 and had no way in hell avoiding it happened within a blink of an eye. Luckily she only received a busted lip.
Facelift after the freak accident
Customer couldn't pay up his dividends for my time and services so he offered these in exchange. F.O.B. (fresh off the box) reps that he was planning to install on his 3 series. After the shoe fitment. Not bad for reps but I'm not feeling it just because IT'S REPS and heavier than $h!+ !!! Its like we already own a heavy car why add more weight when she needs to lose LBS!!! Imagine a fat girl running track, trying to look good lol
what rims were these? I would love htem on my car
Soal Man (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLow4g
Dang man that is horrible, Your tl was so clean bro Im so sorry you had that happen, I hope you come back to the SH community.
Appreciate the kind words. Only in due time currently looking for an Advance model instead of the tech package. We will see.
Old 12-13-2023, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLow4g
what rims were these? I would love htem on my car
The wheels were ESR WHEELS SR01 19x9.5 et + 35 gloss graphite with custom gold nips to replicate the BBS look. It looks good but weighed the TL down a lot. One of the heaviest sets of wheels I had. Think I still have them in my storage lol
Old 12-13-2023, 03:01 PM
The inconvenient truth

Received 436 Likes on 322 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you come back and we can get some build threads going again. Seeing people's progress is so inspiring!
Soal Man (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 09:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dopeboy1
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you come back and we can get some build threads going again. Seeing people's progress is so inspiring!
No doubt!!!
Old 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Instructor

More photos of the damages

So it’s been a minute since I posted anything from here or even commented on anything on this site. Long story short, I was involved in an accident awhile back ago late 2019 and was rear ended by a drunk driver my SH-AWD was a total loss and tried to buy it back from the insurance but the damage to the frame was pretty severe to where it would’ve cost me more to repair it and get her back to her old self. Insurance paid me, but after the accident never bothered to look for another one until recently after seeing a few members here and damn I’ve been gone for to damn long lol so here’s a couple of pics of the accident, but I’ll be back fam and hopefully another better build then the last or maybe up the game a bit. We’ll see. Enjoy fam…

Luckily for me he had full coverage.

Didn’t look to bad from the pics above

But once they gutted her open her ass was bent out of whack

Old 01-23-2024, 04:52 PM
Instructor

I’m back and feeling myself 4G FAM

Damn it feels good to be back!

Not really into the Great White look, but can’t complain about it being an Advance Package.

Engine is clean timing belt and all other required maintenance from fluids and spark plugs been changed along with Fuel system cleaned/serviced.

9.5/10 interior

Not bad for a 2012
The following 2 users liked this post by Soal Man:
altair47 (01-31-2024), Lunar448 (03-23-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 07:17 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 358 Likes on 286 Posts
Damn it feels good to be back!

Not really into the Great White look, but can’t complain about it being an Advance Package.

Engine is clean timing belt and all other required maintenance from fluids and spark plugs been changed along with Fuel system cleaned/serviced.

9.5/10 interior

Not bad for a 2012
Congratulations, is everything dry underneath?
Soal Man (02-24-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 12:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by altair47
Congratulations, is everything dry underneath?
not sure what you mean by it being dry underneath, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and answer it by telling you there’s no oil leak or any sort of corrosion or any signs leaks from anything.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:10 PM
Instructor

HeelToe & ATLP goodie’s

Sneak peek

From past experience until now,
decided to step it up a bit.

Shout out to Mr. Marcus @ HeelToe

Last edited by Soal Man; 02-24-2024 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:45 PM
Instructor

All in the Details

Inspired by none other than CarbonTSEX

Old 03-22-2024, 09:23 PM
Drifting

Hi bud, I haven't been on here in a while.
Happy to see you are still in the game, all the new goodies look awsome, do enjoy.