Newly purchased 2013 SH-AWD

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newly purchased 2013 SH-AWD

Hello to everybody here. I recently purchased a used 2013 SH-AWD. I'm loving it so far and want to see if I can get a few more horses out of it.
I wondered if I could get some feed back on a few things I am considering.

First is a throttle body spacer. I'm looking at this one https://www.heeltoeauto.com/p2r-thro...-ua7-p306.html
I understand that it is supposed to let the engine gulp a little more air? If you have installed one what difference did you notice and is it worth the money?

Second is s J-pipe with 3rd cat delete https://www.heeltoeauto.com/atlp-v2-...es0009v2t.html
The consensus here seems to be that it does add 15-20 more HP and is fairly straight forward to install. What do you all think about performance gains, sound etc
and is one brand better than the others?

I am going to buy a body kit eventually as well. Does anybody have recommendations for particular styles and makes? What is the procedure for installing a body kit?
Is it something that can be done fairly easily at home?

Lastly what other performance mods would you recommend at this time. PCD's are not an option for me as they test for emissions here.

Cheers!
Old 02-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
HFPC + J-Pipe with 3rd cat delete and Ktuner. IMO I would not waste on the TB Spacer this early in the game.
The following users liked this post:
teh CL (02-26-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 08:01 PM
UA9 SH-AWD

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!
On mods I would 1st go with what CruzanTLSH-AWD said. HFPC + Jpipe and Ktuner,
My TL has the RV-6 J-pipe 3rd cat delete and I really must say that this J-pipe is Really great add on! I would Highly recommend RV-6
As for body kits, I prefer the OEM Acura add on Kit. As for installation I'm not to sure if it is simple, or difficult as mine already came installed when I purchased the vehicle.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzantlsh-awd
hfpc + j-pipe with 3rd cat delete and ktuner. Imo i would not waste on the tb spacer this early in the game.
or a pcd right?!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

A Jpipe is definitely a great place to start! They get you about 20hp/25tq by eliminating a restrictive kink in the OEM piping, with no supporting mods required! Our XLR8 Jpipe is made from t304 stainless, mandrel bent on CNC machinery, all here inside the USA with the best fit and performance in mind!
HFPC or Ktuner (while more expensive) would yield a bigger gain then the throttle body spacer, so I would recommend saving up until you can afford one of those; of course, that's easier said then done. Ktuner will have a benefits now, and further down the road by allowing you to get the most out of your mods; so that's a pretty good thing to keep in mind! And, coilovers are great if you're looking for a handing increase!

Happy modding!
Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all so much for your help. I will go with what you all suggested but i'm probably going to wait until the warranty is up before modding anything on the engine.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by mintox
Thank you all so much for your help. I will go with what you all suggested but i'm probably going to wait until the warranty is up before modding anything on the engine.
Exhaust upgrades will not void warranty. Ktuner would if you forget to take it off when your at the dealer. But Bolt ons would not.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!